Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 08:55 PM

3,202 posts, read 1,371,293 times

Advertisements

Masto wins….D’s keep the Senate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 09:06 PM

16,382 posts, read 10,422,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
What's even worse, is they truly believe that Ron Desantis aka baby Trump, will be the answer to their woes, because he's Florida popular. When politically FL is nothing like the other states. Desantis can't save this party, and he would get blasted in Michigan, Wisc, and PA each by Biden, and probably Georgia as well. The American electorate is not looking for another populist blow hard that just wants to dominate the other party. They're looking for a leader, and actual good decision maker with some darn compassion for godssake.
Then how do you explain President Biden? Because he is none of those things.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:10 PM

5,717 posts, read 2,172,711 times
What’s taking the Dems so long to steal the house?

Old 11-12-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Ive said it time and time again. Republicans need to quit appealing to the MINORITY. There's only so many wealthy elites to vote you idiots. Get out and get the poor/Middle class votes. Appeal to the wider audience. Not Trust fund babies. Most of the boomer base is dying off as well. DO something for the common man today. If not, you'll never see a shred of power again
You don’t understand how trump won in 2016, it wasn’t because of the wealthy it was because of the poor middle class. What is hurting Republicans right now is mail in voting, they won’t win again until they match the Dems in that area.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:21 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,285,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You don’t understand how trump won in 2016, it wasn’t because of the wealthy it was because of the poor middle class. What is hurting Republicans right now is mail in voting, they won’t win again until they match the Dems in that area.
A fraction of people voted by mail this time relative to 2020. Georgia was one of the best examples of that as was PA. Both had majority of their ballots counted by the next day this time. I think many are overestimating the mailin ballots this cycle.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
A fraction of people voted by mail this time relative to 2020. Georgia was one of the best examples of that as was PA. Both had majority of their ballots counted by the next day this time. I think many are overestimating the mailin ballots this cycle.
Relative to 2020 is a massive benchmark, I would like to get the data on this. I know a huge mail in dump pushed Dems over the top in the Nevada senate race. I also know the longer it takes to count votes in toss up races, democrats always magically come out on top every time. There is funny business going on right now to give Dems the house, I am certain of it. The media is still saying “lean Republican” for house control, this won’t happen because Arizona and California will find a way to give it to Dems, it just might take another week to happen.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:32 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,369,819 times
Quote:
Relative to 2020 is a massive benchmark, I would like to get the data on this. I know a huge mail in dump pushed Dems over the top in the Nevada senate race. I also know the longer it takes to count votes in toss up races, democrats always magically come out on top every time. There is funny business going on right now to give Dems the house, I am certain of it. The media is still saying “lean Republican” for house control, this won’t happen because Arizona and California will find a way to give it to Dems, it just might take another week to happen.
The last two races called in 2020 were races Republicans won by 6 and 12 votes in Iowa's 2nd and New York's 22nd district. A bunch of districts took time to count, and went both ways. Enough of this conspiracy theory nonsense because results don't go the way you want them to

Old 11-12-2022, 09:34 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,771,365 times
Quote:
What’s taking the Dems so long to steal the house?
Trump lost the popular vote twice,under his leadership the gop lost the house, the senate and the presidency.Historically the gop should have gained both houses this midterm but so many Americans despise trump along with dobbs the republicans massively underperformed.
The MAGA base is around a quarter of the population and most Americans think they are cult member conspiracy Theorists and most women believe they want to oppress women.

There are hundreds of people going to serve time in federal prison because the believed trumps election lies and joined his Jan 6th insurrection. Lives and families ruined.

3,070 posts, read 1,285,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The last two races called in 2020 were races Republicans won by 6 and 12 votes in Iowa's 2nd and New York's 22nd district. A bunch of districts took time to count, and went both ways. Enough of this conspiracy theory nonsense because results don't go the way you want them to
There really was not a single poll which showed Laxalt winning Nevada so call me skeptical there. Add in the governor race being won almost exactly as polling showed and I’m highly suspicious. The Arizona governor race is another one. Not a single poll the final month showed Lake losing

33,833 posts, read 16,846,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
My hunch is it shows how horrible inefficient government is. If the private sector ran elections, counts would be long done. It is 96 hours after the last polls closed. Unacceptable to still have uncalled races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies