Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 10:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
They see what they are told to see at that age, many start out dem and switch when they become more wise and begin to think about their family, personal and financial freedoms. Many that commit themselves early to the state will never find themselves or a family that will provide true happiness. That is why so many young radical Dems are so angry, because the state will not fill their void inside.
Please continue to denigrate the youth in this country by claiming they are ignorant and uninformed. Their voting certainly suggests the opposite, but hey, I hope the entire right wing continues down this path. The young voters accounted for a large part of the electorate last week--roughly 27 percent is the latest estimate--and they will account for ever higher numbers going forward.

I'm very pleased that they are being excoriated by the Republicans. I hope you guys keep it up. There's this old saw about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Please don't change a thing, GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 10:54 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not when you are watching the world you are about to inherit falling apart, there isn't. Today's youth are more informed than at any other time in history due to the great availability of information at their fingertips. They see the climate change destroying the planet. They see the GOP attempting to take away their rights. They understand what is at stake. That's why I am so enthused by this election. This demographic is stepping up and taking their rightful place in a world that is about to become theirs. It is exactly as it should be.
Are these the same youth that we have to tell not to eat Tide pods, don'y use condoms more than once.....those youths? The list can go on, just look at the "tik tok" challenge list.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:11 AM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
#1..Abortion was the biggest issue with the Democrats and the timing hurt the Republican party.
#2. Dr. Oz was a terrible choice for the GOP
#3. Democratic party outspends Republican party 2 to 1 in many elections
#4. Mitch "the turkey vulture" McConnell spent a lot of money backing the RINO Murkowski in Alaska against another much better candidate. He should have spent that money backing Masters in Arizona.
#5. Huge voter issues in Arizona and Nevada that always favor the Democratic candidate

Old 11-14-2022, 11:16 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Please continue to denigrate the youth in this country by claiming they are ignorant and uninformed. Their voting certainly suggests the opposite, but hey, I hope the entire right wing continues down this path. The young voters accounted for a large part of the electorate last week--roughly 27 percent is the latest estimate--and they will account for ever higher numbers going forward.

I'm very pleased that they are being excoriated by the Republicans. I hope you guys keep it up. There's this old saw about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Please don't change a thing, GOP.
But they have not experienced life, or any of its hardships or struggles and having to overcome them. That is when you find out who you are, and just maybe you realize you can stand on your own two feet without government, and that it makes you stronger, and that you chose to not be a victim. I’m not saying they are stupid, they just have a lot to learn through life experience is all.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:23 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
"I'm willing to bet, there were a record number of votes that came from younger people that don't own homes, or have to provide for a family."
So what? Because they didn't vote the way you would, or the way you think they should, they don't matter? What horse crap.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:31 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Hearing about ballot “curing†to give Dems a lead in CO-3, they are hoping Republicans aren’t doing the same to get them over the edge. The lead is 900 votes for Boebert. Curing is gaming mail in ballots, they hope Republican ballots are rejected and only democrats cure. If it flips then the house likely stays Dems when the Calif seats flip that are currently lead by Rs in lean/safe Republican districts. This could be part of the reason the count is taking so long.

Not only do democrats already have massive leads in mail in ballots but they are compounding it through ballot curing.
Curing is done under the guidance of bipartisan election boards but "it's the dems"? How about the races the republicans already won, are they to be questioned or is it just when your team loses.

These conspiracy theories are so tiresome.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:32 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Not when you are watching the world you are about to inherit falling apart, there isn't. Today's youth are more informed than at any other time in history due to the great availability of information at their fingertips. They see the climate change destroying the planet. They see the GOP attempting to take away their rights. They understand what is at stake. That's why I am so enthused by this election. This demographic is stepping up and taking their rightful place in a world that is about to become theirs. It is exactly as it should be.
What young people lack is perspective. You see it when a teenager is dumped by their significant other, and they feel as though their entire world has come to an end. Sure, it hurts. But when you have nothing to compare it to, it hurts all the more. And when you're told that "climate change is destroying the planet," and you lack the perspective that the alarmists have been saying that the sky is falling for the past multiple decades at least, you get all worked up that the planet is imminently doomed.

I'm not saying that young people are stupid. (Some of them are, of course, but that's true of all generations.) I'm saying that they don't know what they don't know, and the only way to know some things is to live them and experience them. And this takes time. Young people, by definition, haven't spent a lot of time living their lives. The idealistic 18-year-old who votes Dem today because he's been told that the world is ending and their rights are being taken away may very well end up becoming the 50-year-old who has a lot more perspective and life experience and understanding of how the world works, and who votes accordingly.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:34 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
How convenient, like I said. If they needed CO-3 (which they likely will) they will find a way to get it. Reminder, this is the one race democrats say proves that late ballot counts go Republicans way sometimes too. With enough time, they all turn blue eventually, especially if it decides power.

https://twitter.com/newsweek/status/...fQjrPsAbeTerKA

Old 11-14-2022, 11:38 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So what? Because they didn't vote the way you would, or the way you think they should, they don't matter? What horse crap.
Again, please show me where I said that. Do you continually try to make **** up just to argue about it ? Or is it a reading comprehension thing ? If it's the later, I apologize, we all have one thing or another we struggle at.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:39 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Well you have to hand it him...at least he is willing to face the music on the MSM disastrous election projections....Frank Luntz

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...tm-sot-vpx.cnn

The last point he makes is very interesting...Republicans have a 5 million vote lead in the popular vote...so why isn't this evident in the election outcome?....redistricting...that it had a bigger impact against the GOP...and that is something that would not be evident until after the election.
How can you claim that when not all votes have been counted yet? If you have a source I'd like to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies