Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 07:27 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well um, I like to look at the scoreboard once in a while....

Oh man. I hope the drama can at least last through the night, but tic toc tic toc...

Wouldn't it be nice if Boebert could carry us over the finish?

Us Coloradoans love her so much and are so proud of her. The democrats would probably be proud of her too! She's so spunky!
It would be funny (ironic) if she was the one who put Republicans over the top.....LOL!

However, I will only believe it actually happened when I see it happen. Hope is not a strategy they say.

Reuters is still stuck at 215, not 217. YMMV!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
California itself won't decide those remaining seats. Those who voted will determine the remaining seats. Just like it did in 2020 when the same thing happened and a bunch of California districts were called late, some went Dem, and some went GOP. If they all go Dem, if they all go GOP or somewhere in between it isn't a conspiracy....
I didn't say it was a conspiracy or fraud.

Most people just have no clue what is happening.

They have no clue how Democrats are able to cobble together votes which show up at the end.

What they are doing is not "illegal" in California and in some other states. It is illegal in many states, but not all. They just have it down to an art in those states.

Republicans better learn quick how to do the same thing. You can't take the high road anymore. You have to get down into the gutter with Democrats and gather as many ballots as possible, BEFORE Democrats get them first.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:38 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Let us remember that, while not quite a 'red wave', Republicans have, to date, picked up 18 seats in the House.

Not too shabby.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:48 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,305,461 times
There are 2 factions in the GOP House and the new speaker is going to have a lot of problems trying to get consensus from fellow Republicans. Expect constant infighting. Boehner 2.0. Some people might not agree with Pelosi's positions, but at least she was able to corral the House Dems to put on a united front. I don't think we are going to see a united front with the House Republicans.

McCarthy (likely new speaker) is going to have a rough time.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:56 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us remember that, while not quite a 'red wave', Republicans have, to date, picked up 18 seats in the House.

Not too shabby.
It's possible that the 'red wave' is just getting started? Like when a tsunami hits, there is a calm and even a small wave pullback, then it hits.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:00 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,209,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
There are 2 factions in the GOP House and the new speaker is going to have a lot of problems trying to get consensus from fellow Republicans. Expect constant infighting. Boehner 2.0. Some people might not agree with Pelosi's positions, but at least she was able to corral the House Dems to put on a united front. I don't think we are going to see a united front with the House Republicans.

McCarthy (likely new speaker) is going to have a rough time.
I agree - Until the infighting stops the Republicans don't have a chance. I wish there was a third option.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:01 AM

1,201 posts, read 617,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
It's possible that the 'red wave' is just getting started? Like when a tsunami hits, there is a calm and even a small wave pullback, then it hits.
Unless things change, demographics are going against the Republicans. This was a perfect year for Republicans and yet, it wasn't a wave year.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:03 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I didn't say it was a conspiracy or fraud.

Most people just have no clue what is happening.

They have no clue how Democrats are able to cobble together votes which show up at the end.

What they are doing is not "illegal" in California and in some other states. It is illegal in many states, but not all. They just have it down to an art in those states.

Republicans better learn quick how to do the same thing. You can't take the high road anymore. You have to get down into the gutter with Democrats and gather as many ballots as possible, BEFORE Democrats get them first.
What is happening are the votes are being counted, just like what happened in previous elections. Some of the late calls are going Democratic, some are going Republican (most of the close House races in 2020 that were called late broke GOP), just like what happened in recent elections. Democrats tend to improve on their margins on most races from the initial count due to Democrats being more likely to vote by mail. However this isn't always the case as evident Trump and the GOP getting closer in Arizona after the initial count, the GOP win in AZ-01 that was called yesterday after the Democrat led from the initial count through Sunday night.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What is happening are the votes are being counted, just like what happened in previous elections. Some of the late calls are going Democratic, some are going Republican (most of the close House races in 2020 that were called late broke GOP), just like what happened in recent elections. Democrats tend to improve on their margins on most races from the initial count due to Democrats being more likely to vote by mail. However this isn't always the case as evident Trump and the GOP getting closer in Arizona after the initial count, the GOP win in AZ-01 that was called yesterday after the Democrat led from the initial count through Sunday night.
You are missing the efforts much earlier on, weeks before the election.

Again, not illegal in some states. It's what Republicans need to educate themselves on, start doing and then take it to a new level.

The early bird, as they say.

When I say Republicans, I don't mean the voters. I mean the leadership. The people calling the shots, which by the way, they need to change......especially Turtle in the Senate.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:16 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Her idol lost AZ in 2020 after bashing McCain. She blew her chance of being governor after bashing McCain and telling "McCain-type" Republicans to stay away.

I'm seeing a pattern here. I wonder how long it'll take the AZ GOP to finally see it as well?
Never, the MAGA base is a cult. Under Trump’s leadership they lost the house, senate , presidency and historically underperformed this midterm.
Trump and electoral deniers are electoral poison but as long as they can pis off the libs actually having political positions or winning elections is of secondary importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies