Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 09:54 AM

5,921 posts, read 2,757,706 times

Advertisements

When I went to bed last night, I was certain we would have a winner declared in Wisconsin, Nevada and Arizona. I figured Georgia would be a run-off no matter what.

It's 2022 and for some reason we cannot declare a winner in 4 senate races and 60+ house seats. How is that possible? This is where some doubt that we have free and FAIR elections begins to creep into the minds of voters.

And in PA, they had 50 days of early voting. 50 days! A large sum of people voted before Fetterman finally decided to face Oz in a single debate. ~

"Democracy" ~ hide the candidate until after the voting begins, the Joe Biden way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 09:55 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hershel Walker and Kari Lake as senators would be bad news for everyone, sad enough that Johnson got re-elected and he can spew his conspiracy theories for 6 years.
Lake is running for governor. Pay attention.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:55 AM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hershel Walker and Kari Lake as senators would be bad news for everyone, sad enough that Johnson got re-elected and he can spew his conspiracy theories for 6 years.
Good Lord. Kari Lake is running for Gov. not Senator.

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:57 AM

5,921 posts, read 2,757,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Good Lord. Kari Lake is running for Gov. not Senator.

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Kari Lake would be a great governor for Arizona. She would be the female version of Ron DeSantis. Instead of facing hurricane threats to her state, she would tackle the illegal alien invasion on AZ's southern border.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:57 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Good news. Control of the Senate is still very much in play. NV is looking good at the moment. We'll see what happens in Georgia at the runoff. AZ could be icing on the cake, but I'm not as optimistic about that race.
I don't know what the hell happened with Arizona. Kari Lake said if elected she'd declare an invasion on our southern border, so I guess there were enough anchor babies of age to vote against her. I stand by my characterization of Katie Hobbs as the female Fetterman.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:08 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Congrats Dems, I missed big on this one. I thought people would vote with their wallets, not sure what happened. Swing states like AZ, GA and PA have somehow remained stubbornly D by the narrowest of margins, I hope republicans figure it out there because these should be won. Texas and Florida are good signs for Rs, but it’s hard to be optimistic after this. I guess people are numb at this point and have accepted the depressing path we’re on.
It's not all about gas prices and inflation. When people feel their rights are being whittled away by a religious far right they vote to keep their rights. This is what the GOP fails to realized. I'm sure many of the crossover votes and Independents that the Democrats gained were women afraid of what the GOP has in mind for them. What good are low gas prices when you are a second class citizen with no bodily autonomy whatsoever? Not much. Or voters who were appalled that a party continues to support candidates who still believe The Big Lie and actually campaigned on it.

The GOP needs to come into the 21st century or these kinds of losses will continue for them.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:11 AM

43,078 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not all about gas prices and inflation. When people feel their rights are being whittled away by a religious far right they vote to keep their rights. This is what the GOP fails to realized. I'm sure many of the crossover votes and Independents that the Democrats gained were women afraid of what the GOP has in mind for them. What good are low gas prices when you are a second class citizen with no bodily autonomy whatsoever? Not much. Or voters who were appalled that a party continues to support candidates who still believe The Big Lie and actually campaigned on it.

The GOP needs to come into the 21st century or these kinds of losses will continue for them.
The Dems have been running the country for 2 years now.

Nothing has been whittled away by the Republicans.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:12 AM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Can't have sex and babies to abort if you're starving.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The Dems have been running the country for 2 years now.

Nothing has been whittled away by the Republicans.
I guess you were asleep when the far right leaning fundamentalists on the SC overturned Roe v Wade?

Old 11-09-2022, 10:13 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean, the Russian collusion theory concocted by Hillary in the first place?

Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies