Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 08:02 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times

Advertisements

LOL

His little trump wannabe rhetoric ain’t gonna work on a national scale. People are sick of goons like him. Isn’t it obvious by now? Desantis wins because all the moron boomers still living in the 1950s live down there. A boomer generation that is dying off

Last edited by DorianRo; 11-09-2022 at 08:12 AM..

Old 11-09-2022, 08:08 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
LOL

His little trump wannabe rhetoric ain’t gonna work on a national scale. People are sick of goons like him. Isn’t it obvious by now? Desantis wins because all the moron boomers moves till living in the 1950s live down there. A boomer generation that is dying off
Millions of those "moron boomers" came from the NE and Midwest where they voted for Democrats their entire lives. Now in Florida, they suddenly became Republicans? There's more to this than how simple you make it sound.
DeSantis if he wants will have the Rep nomination. Whether or not he chooses to go after it is another story. Trump is now pretty much dead in the water except for a small percentage of die hard far right kooks.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:10 AM

1,866 posts, read 932,663 times
Trump barely squeaked into the presidency in 2016, it was extremely close.
I think Desantis could win by a significant margin in 2024.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:19 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The Republican Party is Trump Party, and Trump is announcing on November 15th.

DeSantis will likely run in 2028, but now is not his time. He is working on making Florida the best state in the Union, and model for the country. He has young children, including a newborn and wife who just got over cancer.

He might be in contentions for a VP position but that's 1.5 years away from even being known.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Trump was seriously wounded tonight.

I've heard it reported that people were chanting "two more years" at DeSantis' victory rally. He really is the perfect candidate for these times. He's got the fight of Trump in him but when he pokes the bear it's calculated, not lashing out, and he's not a RINO style Country Club Republican. His victory in FL was stunning, and he had some coattails too as Rubio cruised just behind him.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:21 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,783,788 times
If DeSantis becomes President then I pray for America.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:23 AM

4,513 posts, read 4,039,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
If DeSantis becomes President then I pray for America.
He won’t. That’ll be the pisser for these back stabbers. Repubs don’t have AZ, PA and GA anymore. The powers that be just need him to divide and take the primary from Trump.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:32 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,206,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Yep, thank goodness. Maybe the Republicans will return to being a rational party. If they do, the Dems are in trouble.
Dems dodged a major bullet last night. With them in the House minority, the Squad will receive significantly less attention. And they seemed to have saved the vast majority of there more moderate senators & reps. And Jayapal made herself permanently irrelevant by releasing that Ukraine letter by accident.

At this point they are going to need to go to their midwestern and southeast reps for leadership/charting a course and that should be very helpful. They also get an assist by so many R wins also being on moderate turf in places like NY, Jersey, and Va and their pickups being in OH, NC & the like. If they had been stripped down to only seats in the major retros & coastal states, I think it would have literally be time to drop the curtain.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:35 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
I live in Florida and the real true reason De Santis walked away with such large numbers especially in Miami-Dade County is because the Hispanics see the signs of Communism daily in the actions of the FBI and DOJ supported by this administration and the corrupt communist media and don't want to go down that path with the Democrats. Hispanics know and recognize what communist actions are because they have suffered from it and know how devastating it is to be ruled by a tyrannical communist acting government. De Santis recognizes it too and he would make a terrific president because of his insight.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:38 AM

13,680 posts, read 7,970,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
As much as I dislike Trump, Trump still has a higher chance of winning a 2024 election than DeSantis. Man you guys are desperate.
I like Trump but the Rep. didn't have the big night which was expected esp. the MAGA candidates.

Trump could run and after a bloody fight with DeSantis win the nomination.

But last night showed Trump will have a hard time winning in a general election. DeSantis is the candidate for 2024.

I'm sure Trumps family and inner circle are telling him he'd better put the breaks on plans to run again.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:44 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,256,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I know speeches are carefully written weeks in advance and are re-written and edited.

But these themes resonate.

Please welcome, the next President of the United States in 2024:

Ron....DeSantis!

Told my spouse last night that sounded a lot more like a POTUS nomination acceptance speech...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.