Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 10:09 AM

5,973 posts, read 2,214,423 times

Advertisements

Trump will just claim that he made Desantis and he made Florida Red when he moved there,

In trump's Voice "Just look at Palm Beach and Miami/Dade, its a sea of Beautiful Red after I arrived, just like my tie, DeSantis can thank me but you know he won't do it, he won't do it, but he knows its the truth, you know its the truth (funny face) pointing) (bask in the cheers).....". I can literally see it

Trump will likely take credit for Desantis 2022 win and considering how good Trump is at selling Himself to Republican voters he may well get away with it.

But who knows, 2 years is an eternity in today's politics, lots can change in that time that may move people in one direction or another.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:27 AM

1,826 posts, read 667,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
The party, the media and others will turn on DJT starting TOMORROW.

It's now time for DeSantis.
What do you mean the media will turn on DJT? Has the media been pro DJT all this time?

Old 11-09-2022, 10:38 AM

1,826 posts, read 667,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Pence is a nice guy, and nice guys finish last.

We need someone with the testicles of a bull, and claws of a bear to fight the evil side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm sorry but Trump has a history of killing careers. I'm not DeSantis fan but he is smart enough to read the tea leaves. He knows Trump is toxic and it is not risking his career for him.
I don't see DeSantis taking a VP position. He is too much a Type A personality, and popular in FL, to downgrade himself to a VP that doesn't have much role. If Trump is the candidate, then someone like Jim Jordan might fit as his running mate. He is a fighter and defender of Trump.

If DeSantis is the Republican nominee, I think it's more interesting who he would select. I doubt he would choose another Republican governor and might want that governor to finish his/her job. A milquetoast Republican Senator, maybe, but not RINO, but no one else Type A.

Maybe DeSantis will make a pact with Trump, where Ivanka could be DeSantis' running mate, in exchange for DJT backing DeSantis early on, than a long contested fight between the two.

I'm pretty sure we will see more of Tulsi Gabbard on Fox News.
-She will switch to Republican
-She will become Pro Life, Pro 2A. Any Democrat position she held will be revisited and updated to fall closer in line with the Republicans.

She seems like she'd want to be the VP. I think she ultimately endorsed Biden, only because Biden announced he'd select a woman VP. This time around she might entertain the running mate under a Republican possibility. She also wants to steer US foreign policy, where DeSantis might be light on, and have more influence as VP.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:45 AM

608 posts, read 237,728 times
DeSantis is a reasonable candidate, so was Oz. Fetterman didn't debate until after all the mail-in ballots were harvested and xeroxed ...er... counted

Debates don't even matter anymore. I mean yea Oz was a Jersey carpetbagger who got rich off of being a snake oil salesman on TV but his points were ok, but Fetterman ...just...

It would be like watching a football game and seeing a team win, with a mild blnot-that-great 2 touchdowns and, right at the end the losing team has a special-needs placement player who pukes from exhaustion, and that team is awarded the victory because of pity or struggle.

Between AOC, Biden and, now Fetterman (amongst others) the Democrat party is literally, medically, retarded.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:47 AM

8,306 posts, read 2,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Did he announce he was running?

What if he doesn't?

What are all the cry faces ("omg, I'm so done with Trump") going to do then?
They’ll find a RINO to vote for. Maybe another Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.