Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2022, 10:18 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Hopeless Country

Shame on you and your sour grapes mendacity that foments political violence just because the midterm elections did not go your way. Your attitude and post are excellent examples of why the radical extremism of the MAGA Republicans and their movement were rejected by so many American patriots of all political persuasions, here in 2022.
Can you point out to me where the OP advocated violence? As Joe Pesci once said, "Maybe it's me. I'm a little ****** up maybe."

His basic message was that this nation is toast. That has nothing to do with violence. It's an opinion. And one I agree with. Does that make me an ViOlEnt ExTrEmIsT????? And a ThReaT tO dEmoCraCy?????

Old 11-12-2022, 10:39 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Shame on you and your sour grapes mendacity that foments political violence
lol. cue hysterical poutrage

Old 11-12-2022, 03:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The implementation of the practice of human sacrifice is not hard to believe anywhere, even in the reddest of states, when Satan's voice is the only one being heard. Lot's of people complain about obvious evil winning. How else does it end when the other side refuses to fight the war? They refuse to even speak words of dissent, let alone dirty their hands in the war.
This is why conservatives are losing power. Satan? People have moved beyond ancient superstitions. Keep dragging this one out and it only weakens your standing among the sane.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:44 PM

3,118 posts, read 1,007,936 times
Forgetfulness of God is the reason. Many people have no God. They have lost their moral compass. Or moral consciousness.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:54 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you asked for an example, received an excellent one, then summarily ignored it.
'montana is a volent place'?
It was a joke, referring to Yellowstone.

But I did answer:

Quote:
Stop dividing yourselves. ALL the politicians are beholden to one another and those who put them.in power, and that ain't us.

Demand representatives of better character and stop living by the label.

I don't know what to say to

Quote:
But beyond that, the country has been objectively run into the ground for the past two years.
I don't see that we have been "objectively run into the ground". None of the Dem reps he mentions are MY representatives. I don't know why people elected them. You would have to ask the people who voted for them. All members of a party do not necessarily think the same way, hence my question to that poster in the first place: What is the purpose behind acting as if we do? The only reason I can think of is to maintain division.

I do not like my long-time Congressman. He is a Republican, and I have voted for him in the past, but now I voted against him because I asked him for help and he did not respond. Yes, I wonder if it is because I am registered as a Democrat and he ignores his non-R constituents who contact him. But he won again. I am not tearing my hair out because of it. Apparently other people in my district like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what? did you not read that post at all?
Yeah, my bad. I totally misread that the NO vote meant they would NOT save the lives of viable fetuses.

That is eff'd up.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-13-2022 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-13-2022, 04:58 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
It's almost like people don't overwhelmingly agree with your personal thoughts and opinions. Blasphemy!
Well....................................no

The simple fact that democrats were casting votes in favor of the worst presidential term in US history is astounding and means that democrats have collectively lost their minds and do not support candidates based upon performance, just party lines.

Only an idiot would support record inflation, record gas prices, record energy prices, product shortages, rising crime rates, tranny indoctrination, open borders, crazy climate change scams, and a foreign policy that has left the world in chaos and in threat of a nuclear war.

Voting in support of democrats, and particularly in support of this admin, is just plain insane.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:01 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well....................................no

The simple fact that democrats were casting votes in favor of the worst presidential term in US history is astounding and means that democrats have collectively lost their minds and do not support candidates based upon performance, just party lines.

Only an idiot would support record inflation, record gas prices, record energy prices, product shortages, rising crime rates, tranny indoctrination, open borders, crazy climate change scams, and a foreign policy that has left the world in chaos and in threat of a nuclear war.

Voting in support of democrats, and particularly in support of this admin, is just plain insane.
Policies can be changed. Losing a democracy can't. That's how I look at it. Don't need to have people in office who might refuse to certify bona fide elections. No thanks.

Our problems in this country didn't just start in 2021, btw. Some of those chickens have been a long time in coming to roost.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:58 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Policies can be changed. Losing a democracy can't. That's how I look at it. Don't need to have people in office who might refuse to certify bona fide elections. No thanks.

Our problems in this country didn't just start in 2021, btw. Some of those chickens have been a long time in coming to roost.
Ah so you were one of those gullible “MUH DEMOCRACY” folks, as though the only way to “save democracy” (whatever that means) is to vote for Democrats regardless of how bad they are. Got it!

Old 11-13-2022, 05:59 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Policies can be changed. Losing a democracy can't. That's how I look at it.
Which I would argue describes the Democrats. They tried to pass HR 1, a bill that would automatically register everyone to vote including illegal immigrants and it was those immigrants' responsibility to go opt out (and no penalty if they didn't). We have laws that say we elect congress to write and fund bills by majority consent, but the Democrats rammed through all sorts of things without majority vote by technicality by embedding them in reconciliation packages.

Were it not for Joe Manchin, they would have abolished the filibuster and added DC & Puerto Rico as states to ensure Democrat Senate seats and increase the supreme court from 9 to 13 in order to install 4 left partisan judges. We escaped this by the skin of our teeth

Biden tried to transfer $450 Billion in student loan obligations to American taxpayers without the support of congress and instead used an obscure law that wasn't meant for this. Over and over the democrats have been thumbing their nose at the laws of this country, especially in looking the other way at the wide open US-Mexican border

Old 11-13-2022, 06:19 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I can't fathom why anyone would vote for a Democrat based on everything that has happened over the last few years. If you voted democrat, please list 3 things that lead you to vote that way. What is it exactly that made you vote for democrats. Please list your reasons like this:

Thank you.
Your MO of "please list" is tiresome - as though you don't think Democrats can even express themselves. But I'll bite...

1. I don't like religion having a part in government and Democrats try to keep that to a minimum.
2. I want to keep abortion as a necessary healthcare option for women.
3. I want to feel security with the current social programs for myself and others less fortunate than me - no sneaky attempts to cut Social Security and Medicare, for starters.
4. I want to cut way back on tax breaks for the rich - I'm sick of giving tax breaks to those who don't need them and then using the lack of revenue as an excuse to cut services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies