Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2022, 06:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times does it have to be repeated that the SC merely turned abortion back to the states where it belonged before you stop using the term "overturned"?

Our government has every right to enforce murder laws. A woman has every right on her own to determine what she wants to do with her body before engaging in sex and especially unprotected sex! Funny how that works!
Knowing how those states would legislate, it was a de facto removal of abortion rights for a large swath of the country. I am a lifelong Democrat who held my nose and votes for Zeldin in NY. I know women who were going to vote for Zeldin but didn't because of ,the SC decision. Dim witted evangelical types will never understand....you are a minority in this country as much as wacko woke leftists are....but they had Biden on the ropes so ytheythought you could push through their ideological agenda with no ramifications. I guess they were wrong. They also assume that everyone who thinks Biden is a disaster also thinks Trump isn't one because they worship the narcissistic con man. Wrong again

Old 11-13-2022, 06:53 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was a joke, referring to Yellowstone.

But I did answer:

I don't know what to say to

I don't see that we have been "objectively run into the ground". None of the Dem reps he mentions are MY representatives. I don't know why people elected them. You would have to ask the people who voted for them. All members of a party do not necessarily think the same way, hence my question to that poster in the first place: What is the purpose behind acting as if we do? The only reason I can think of is to maintain division.

I do not like my long-time Congressman. He is a Republican, and I have voted for him in the past, but now I voted against him because I asked him for help and he did not respond. Yes, I wonder if it is because I am registered as a Democrat and he ignores his non-R constituents who contact him. But he won again. I am not tearing my hair out because of it. Apparently other people in my district like him.

Yeah, my bad. I totally misread that the NO vote meant they would NOT save the lives of viable fetuses.

That is eff'd up.
I believe that poster meant Biden when he said this, not our local representatives.

Quote...... "But beyond that, the country has been objectively run into the ground for the past two years".

Old 11-13-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Knowing how those states would legislate, it was a de facto removal of abortion rights for a large swath of the country. I am a lifelong Democrat who held my nose and votes for Zeldin in NY. I know women who were going to vote for Zeldin but didn't because of ,the SC decision. Dim witted evangelical types will never understand....you are a minority in this country as much as wacko woke leftists are....but they had Biden on the ropes so ytheythought you could push through their ideological agenda with no ramifications. I guess they were wrong. They also assume that everyone who thinks Biden is a disaster also thinks Trump isn't one because they worship the narcissistic con man. Wrong again
Why would a female voter refuse to vote Republican based on the SC decision? Their decision was based on the Constitution not personal opinion.

Trump is no more worshiped than Obama was when he was president and there are many examples of it. Why do you and yours continue with this?

Trump was not a disaster policy wise. Biden is and if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Your MO of "please list" is tiresome - as though you don't think Democrats can even express themselves. But I'll bite...

1. I don't like religion having a part in government and Democrats try to keep that to a minimum.
2. I want to keep abortion as a necessary healthcare option for women.
3. I want to feel security with the current social programs for myself and others less fortunate than me - no sneaky attempts to cut Social Security and Medicare, for starters.
4. I want to cut way back on tax breaks for the rich - I'm sick of giving tax breaks to those who don't need them and then using the lack of revenue as an excuse to cut services.
1. The Republicans aren't making religion a part of their platform.

2. Abortion isn't healthcare unless the mother's life is in danger.

3. Social programs should be limited to the truly needy through no fault of their own.

4. Trump gave tax breaks across the board. If you don't like our tax laws then seek to change them.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Policies can be changed. Losing a democracy can't. That's how I look at it. Don't need to have people in office who might refuse to certify bona fide elections. No thanks.

Our problems in this country didn't just start in 2021, btw. Some of those chickens have been a long time in coming to roost.
There was no democracy lost. And everything bad that has happened in the past two years
rests squarely on Biden's shoulders. Quit passing the buck.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:19 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Well, you have to thank largely for Trump, who disputed the 2020 elections and encouraged his supporters to storm the white house.
Ray Epps was the individual who encouraged supporters to storm the Capitol, on multiple occasions, and at the very front where people rammed the first barricade on his orders. Ray Epps fell back and was not seen in DC again. The Democrats then empanelled a made-for-TV commission where everyone was investigated and questioned, people who stayed between the velvet lines were hauled off to solitary confinement, and little old ladies were raided by FBI based on anonymous tips.

Ray Epps? Home free buddy, we don't need to prosecute you

Old 11-13-2022, 07:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
It's not just going to be a civil war it's going to be a nuclear war.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Ray Epps was the individual who encouraged supporters to storm the Capitol, on multiple occasions, and at the very front where people rammed the first barricade on his orders. Ray Epps fell back and was not seen in DC again. The Democrats then empanelled a made-for-TV commission where everyone was investigated and questioned, people who stayed between the velvet lines were hauled off to solitary confinement, and little old ladies were raided by FBI based on anonymous tips.

Ray Epps? Home free buddy, we don't need to prosecute you
The FBI refused to say if they were no FBI agents in the crowd that stormed the capital.

Old 11-14-2022, 06:55 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Hopeless Country per the OP due to the midterm results.

Americans voting for democracy, reasonableness, governing, progress and freedom while rejecting Republican extremism, election denialism, Trumpism, autocracy, culture wars and intolerance make me hopeful for the USA, not hopeless.

IMHO there was a palpable sense of relief across the nation following these midterms. Although for the Americans, who defended democracy and we the people with their vote, it is no time for us to spike the football. We can celebrate the progress, but we must double the effort to preserve our grand experiment of 246 years.

Per the old saying:“Freedom is not free; it requires constant vigilance.” Nothing has been guaranteed about democracy in America. Every generation has had to defend it, protect it, preserve it, choose it, for that’s what democracy is: It’s a choice — a decision of the people, by the people, and for the people. I am so very joyful and grateful for those who chose democracy here in the 2022 midterm elections.

These midterm elections and the citizenship it portrayed makes me hopeful, definitely not hopeless.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-14-2022 at 08:21 AM..

Old 11-14-2022, 07:47 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times does it have to be repeated that the SC merely turned abortion back to the states where it belonged before you stop using the term "overturned"?

Our government has every right to enforce murder laws. A woman has every right on her own to determine what she wants to do with her body before engaging in sex and especially unprotected sex! Funny how that works!
Merely turned over to the states where it belonged?
You are truly on the wrong side of public sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies