Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 12:11 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times

Advertisements

Most have probably already voted anyway.

Doom and gloom just based on history alone (2002 the only exception and there was still the 9/11 rally around the flag effect) the Democrats will lose the House. By how much is a question mark but all you need is to lose by 1.

So, this is what will happen when it's official on 1/2/23....
Biden at some point will be impeached for something even more laughable than lying about getting oral sex in front of Ken Starr. Something to do with Hunter or "doing a bad job" (which isn't a high crime or misdemeanor). All because Trump told them to as revenge for impeaching him twice under clear high crimes or misdemeanors. Of course it would never pass in the Senate and would probably miserably fail with only 1/2 the GOP in the Senate being on board, but the House under McCarthy, Goetz and Greene don't care.

Covid testing and vaccination for free will be gone. Meaning it will be up to private insurance or local governments again and they won't have the funds to test and slow down the spread. Covid probably won't come back like it did when there weren't vaccines but especially if the uninsured don't have the means to get the vaccines and/or testing? The 500 to 1000 a day dying stays around.

Fauci will be investigated just like Benghazi and there will be hearings just for show. The 1/6 committee members will be investigated in the same way too. It's not even out of the question that they will do their own "1/6 committee" with Trumpsters like Jim Jordan leading it and "prove" that it was actually Antifa and Pelosi that were at fault for it.

Committee leaders will be the Top MAGAs in the party. Like MTG who was banned after saying QANON stuff and saying Pelosi should be harmed. Gaetz who has hung around with White Supremacists just like Brobert.

Republicans will also put some rigid, childish rules in the House (like moving their offices to basement floors with no windows) against the Democrats for payback for the Mask Rules that were rightfully in effect before vaccinations were available. And/or they just want to "own the libs" and this is another way to do so.

Lastly even though I will admit that it's pretty unlikely otherwise it would have been more "floated" by now, Trump could be Speaker. Like you may know the Speaker doesn't actually have to be a House Member. That should really send chills and even make it easier for them to end Democracy and have forever Republican rule at the National Level. And they will if that happens try to cook up some nasty plan to have Biden and Harris impeached and removed (I looked it up 2/3rd Vote for removal doesn't really say that it has to be all Senate Members that actually vote) and guess who's 3rd in line? Trump.

Steve Bannon said something about (look it up) "it may not even be 2024" as far as Trump getting back in. This paragraph above? That could have been what I'm talking about.

Women, get out there and surprise me. I hope I'm wrong but sadly, the GOP will take back the House, based on past history and such a slim margin to start with.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:14 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Per title:
  • Nothing
  • kicking cans down the road
  • more nothing
  • 18 months of reelection campaigning
  • making excuses for doing nothing
  • fundraising for reelections
  • counting lobbyist cash
  • some more nothing
When we review the next two years come Nov 2024, let's see how close I got.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:16 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Have you been mainlining MSNBC?

Old 11-07-2022, 12:22 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Women, get out there and surprise me. I hope I'm wrong but sadly, the GOP will take back the House, based on past history and such a slim margin to start with.
Uhh, hello? Suburban women are responsible for the surging polls in favor of Republicans. For their trouble Democrats called women "roaches" running towards Raid last week

How's that working out for you

Old 11-07-2022, 12:23 PM

Things that will happen under GOP house:
No more DEM things.

Result:
Better country.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:26 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Per title:
  • Nothing
  • kicking cans down the road
  • more nothing
  • 18 months of reelection campaigning
  • making excuses for doing nothing
  • fundraising for reelections
  • counting lobbyist cash
  • some more nothing
When we review the next two years come Nov 2024, let's see how close I got.
This will probably be the closest.

I'm more concerned w/ keeping the Senate...I doubt the Dems will keep the House.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

I'm more concerned w/ keeping the Senate...I doubt the Dems will keep the House.
What is the real effect of keeping of Senate control?

As far as I am aware, the only consequence is if a Supreme Court justice dies in the next two years, the candidate has to be approved by the Senate but not the house.

The House can hold hearings just like the Senate,

Am I missing anything?

Old 11-07-2022, 12:29 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

The GOP is taking both. House resoundingly so, Senate by 52-53 seat majority.

Come Wednesday, Biden is lame duck whose only real power will lay with how cowardly, spineless and feckless the GOP when they hold majorities, especially in both chambers. They almost always have some ill conceived plan to do something super lib that they think will endear them with moderates, centrists and conservative Dems, and they always fark it up, and they never, ever get the love they were just sure they'd get. Getting Republicans elected might be the boon his 2024 campaign needs.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:30 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,274,607 times
Quote:

Unfortunately for you, women have families to support and bills to pay. Economic issues are far more important than getting abortions contrary to what you apparently think.

As to your question in the title - I hope nothing happens except to block Biden at all turns and to impeach him, Mayorkas and that Garland freak.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:37 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Most have probably already voted anyway.
Maybe.
Quote:
Doom and gloom just based on history alone (2002 the only exception and there was still the 9/11 rally around the flag effect) the Democrats will lose the House. By how much is a question mark but all you need is to lose by 1.
What did you expect to happen when the Dems have spent the last 2 years ignoring the real issues of inflation, immigration, and crime in order to pursue "equity" and chase Trump for the umpteenth time?
Quote:
So, this is what will happen when it's official on 1/2/23....
This is what you think will happen, not what will happen. Actually, I doubt you really think it will all happen, you're just using hyperbole in an effort to scare any undecided voters to vote for more of the train wreck we're currently experiencing.

Quote:
Biden at some point will be impeached for something even more laughable than lying about getting oral sex in front of Ken Starr. Something to do with Hunter or "doing a bad job" (which isn't a high crime or misdemeanor). All because Trump told them to as revenge for impeaching him twice under clear high crimes or misdemeanors. Of course it would never pass in the Senate and would probably miserably fail with only 1/2 the GOP in the Senate being on board, but the House under McCarthy, Goetz and Greene don't care.
I doubt Biden will be around long enough to get impeached. I fully expect a 25th Amendment call or for him to "resign" shortly after the midterms. He won't be useful once the other two branches are out of Dem control. That being said, there are plenty of things Biden has done that, according to the Dems, are impeachable offenses - or at least were when Trump did them. The main thing he should be impeached for is the endangerment of American and Allied lives when he authorized the debacle of a withdrawal from Afghanistan. After that, it would be the evidence of malfeasance and grifting that can be found on the Hunter laptop which the Democrats tried to bury.

Quote:
Covid testing and vaccination for free will be gone. Meaning it will be up to private insurance or local governments again and they won't have the funds to test and slow down the spread. Covid probably won't come back like it did when there weren't vaccines but especially if the uninsured don't have the means to get the vaccines and/or testing? The 500 to 1000 a day dying stays around.
Sheesh, you're still worried about Covid? Those 500-1000 deaths a day (it's really 400 or so but we'll use your number) would be drastically reduced if we stopped blaming Covid for deaths that were caused by the multiple morbidities that most of those dying with Covid actually died from.

Quote:
Fauci will be investigated just like Benghazi and there will be hearings just for show. The 1/6 committee members will be investigated in the same way too. It's not even out of the question that they will do their own "1/6 committee" with Trumpsters like Jim Jordan leading it and "prove" that it was actually Antifa and Pelosi that were at fault for it.
Fauci should be investigated. He should have been investigated long before now.

Quote:
Committee leaders will be the Top MAGAs in the party. Like MTG who was banned after saying QANON stuff and saying Pelosi should be harmed. Gaetz who has hung around with White Supremacists just like Brobert.
You mean like the committee leaders now are hardcore leftists? Yeah, that's pretty much how committee leadership works - the party in charge gets the positions.

Quote:
Republicans will also put some rigid, childish rules in the House (like moving their offices to basement floors with no windows) against the Democrats for payback for the Mask Rules that were rightfully in effect before vaccinations were available. And/or they just want to "own the libs" and this is another way to do so.
You mean the mask rules that the Democrats broke on a regular basis but still tried to make others adhere to? You seem to have fallen for the "adults are in charge now" lie from the Democrats. Very few of the Ds in Washington act like adults.

Quote:
Lastly even though I will admit that it's pretty unlikely otherwise it would have been more "floated" by now, Trump could be Speaker. Like you may know the Speaker doesn't actually have to be a House Member. That should really send chills and even make it easier for them to end Democracy and have forever Republican rule at the National Level. And they will if that happens try to cook up some nasty plan to have Biden and Harris impeached and removed (I looked it up 2/3rd Vote for removal doesn't really say that it has to be all Senate Members that actually vote) and guess who's 3rd in line? Trump.

Steve Bannon said something about (look it up) "it may not even be 2024" as far as Trump getting back in. This paragraph above? That could have been what I'm talking about.
Man, that would be freaking hysterical. Of your entire list, I would love to see this one come true the most. Pelosi getting replaced by Trump would cause enough liberal tears that the oceans would rise.
Quote:
Um, women seem to be gravitating to the GOP for the midterms - especially in the suburbs. Apparently, when you enact policies that make groceries and gas more expensive, the people who buy groceries and gas tend to notice it.

Also,You're going to be really upset when the GOP takes the Senate as well.

So far today, you win the most hyperbolic post award. Well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies