Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 07:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
If the people of our county are unhappy with how the school board handled the closing and re-opening of schools, then let the citizens vote them out.
How often are those elections?

How are the children being protected from the damage the lockdowns are causing (which was the entire reason for DeSantis' actions) between now and when the new people take control?

As the chief executive of the state of Florida, he took an executive action. A big majority of Florida and the rest of the U.S. thinks it was a solid move.

The only people complaining are his political adversaries. I'll repeat that - the ONLY people complaining are his political adversaries.

This is not a winning position for your side, no matter how badly you want it to be.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:24 PM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How often are those elections?

How are the children being protected from the damage the lockdowns are causing (which was the entire reason for DeSantis' actions) between now and when the new people take control?

As the chief executive of the state of Florida, he took an executive action. A big majority of Florida and the rest of the U.S. thinks it was a solid move.

The only people complaining are his political adversaries. I'll repeat that - the ONLY people complaining are his political adversaries.

This is not a winning position for your side, no matter how badly you want it to be.
The schools fully reopened and could no longer mandate masks. He wanted to punish them after these actions not before to get them to open up. I voted the way I did based on that. If he runs for president, I won't continue to hold that against him.

Last edited by elyn02; 11-10-2022 at 07:49 PM..

Old 11-10-2022, 07:27 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Because not ONE republican has any solutions to fix problems which are worldwide problems like.. Inflation. Its easy to sit there on the sidelines and criticize but what the hell are they gonna do to fix it? Not a thing, Those idiots can't even get a cohesive strategy during a midterm LOL

Old 11-10-2022, 07:59 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I know you don't care. You just want abortions.

If a women is raped? Walk on by. None of your concern, see it's not happening to you. Well, you might care about that. Get excited that she might be pregnant so she can get an abortion.
Or you can get excited that she might be pregnant so that she can't have an abortion and live with an unwanted child for 18 years.

Just so you know you are in a very small minority of Americans that think that abortion is not warranted under any circumstances, even rape. It's about 8%.
In states where abortion was put to the vote this week even Kentucky voted in favor of abortion.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:10 PM

15,969 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If you voted Democrat this election, please list your reasons why. Please do it like this:

Trying to understand what is in the mind of Dem. voters. Thank you.
1. The raid on the capitol with intent to hang the VP of the united states and the GOP response to it. Yes, the party and its supporters have no respect for Democracy.
2. The GOP appointed judges who have caused havoc with women’s health. To protect Abortion rights.
3. To protect the Affordable Care Act the GOP has promised to dismantle.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:11 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Republicans trying to force traumatized 11 year old rape victims to have child
Threatening to arrest women who went out of state for an abortion
Election deniers threatening democracy

Yep that’s what flattened the red wave

Old 11-10-2022, 08:17 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
First, nobody I have read has said that all Trump voters are in the Trump cult. Only that one exists to some extent. Most MAGA folks probably are. The Mitch McConnell crowd,no.

That there is a Trump cult was prophesied by Trump, when he said that he could shoot a person in broad daylight in the middle of a street and his followers wouldnt leave him. He nailed his own followers perfectly, and thats classic cult mindset. The leader is never wrong, no matter what he does. Trump understood his own cult early on. We see proof of this in the fact that they support and defend him even when it becomes obvious he stole top secret documents from the government and tried to hide them when asked to return them. But wait, he declassified them with his mind! So its OK, the Dear Leader says so. And of course, the mindless minions accept his claim. Not a speck of independent though collectively among them all.

Feel free to give links to comments about Obama. I am not going to do the footwork myself to support your claims. There is a vast difference between admiring a guy vs worshipping him. I admired Reagan. Didnt worship him.
Oh my God, you leftists sure do like to pretend that everything that Trumps says should be taken at face value, don't you? Unbelievable! Trump made crude jokes and that's all it was not to be taken literally! It was a part of his brash personality like it or not!

There is no proof that Trump took documents to Mar Lago knowingly that he wasn't supposed to have. When was he convicted of it?

No, when Trump does something wrong and it is proven no MAGA is going to defend him for it. Mindless minions? Does making hateful comments like that make you feel good about yourself and superior?

No, you apparently don't know the difference between admiring a man and his policies vs worshiping him! I admired Trump's policies and no I didn't worship him nor do most of his supporters. That's just more leftist demonizing of the right. It's what you guys do!

https://www.eyeopeningtruth.com/16203-2/

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/b...rship-syndrome

Old 11-10-2022, 08:22 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Republicans trying to force traumatized 11 year old rape victims to have child
Threatening to arrest women who went out of state for an abortion
Election deniers threatening democracy

Yep that’s what flattened the red wave

Those are not the policies of most Republicans. I guess the type of voters that would hold the views and actions of a few extremists are pretty damned dumb then!

There were no election deniers threatening democracy either. Questioning election results based on some evidence is not a threat to democracy! Even the Democrats have done that! Even those few hundred that got out of hand on Jan. 6th did not represent most Republicans and they could never have overthrown democracy by their actions anyway. Yep, dumb, dumb, dumb clueless voters!

Old 11-10-2022, 08:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If you voted Democrat this election, please list your reasons why. Please do it like this:

Trying to understand what is in the mind of Dem. voters. Thank you.
That's easy.

1. Republicans are the party of Q Anon fur hat with horns guy.
2. 1/6 and Republicans refusing to denounce and impeach Trump.
3. The Democrats suck but at least the world isn't on fire like it was with Trump.

I kid around a lot but I'm serious about the Republicans wanting the US to go full Handmaid's tale.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't get it either OP.

I think the Democrats are gluttons for punishment.

They must be living in a different country than we do because how can anyone approve of what is happening in America?

Yeah we get it, Trump the man was rude and crude but his Pro America Policies were Making America Great for everyone. The DEMS rejected that, they rejected America yesterday.
See. This is the problem right here. "rude and crude"??? Really? The guy orchestrated a coup attempt on the capitol . They beat COPS! Is this bizzaro world? I thought your side LOVED cops and law and order. What makes you think we want THOSE clowns in charge again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies