Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 10:40 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If you voted Democrat this election, please list your reasons why. Please do it like this:

Trying to understand what is in the mind of Dem. voters. Thank you.
Democrats One: don't mind crime as long as it happens in Minority and urban areas.
Democrats Two: like open borders as long as it happens in border states and not in their elite communities.

Democrats Three: don't mind inflation as long as the other guy has to suffer.
I will add number four: because democrats, I guess, are the ones more likely to buy an EV they could care less about high gas prices that people that can't afford an EV have to endure
Voting over and over for the same entrenched politicians is like hitting your finger with a hammer and smiling each time.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:52 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Yes, very good post. Interesting to find a topic we agree on cb.

These blanket abortion bans are so incredibly short sighted.

Rich people are ALWAYS going to find a way to get an abortion if they need one.
If Republicans want to fill their states with unwanted children and up the numbers seeking welfare because of it, they are going exactly the right way about it. So stupid. There's no other word for it.
Back in 1968, when my sister and her best friend were 16, the friend got pregnant by the local bad boy. The mother, not rich, just middle-class, took her daughter to their family doctor, who quietly had her go into the hospital for a D&C. How many times that must have occurred.

Old 11-11-2022, 11:32 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
https://khn.org/news/article/ectopic...-abortion-law/

Once someone objects to women getting healthcare, it just spirals from there.
Once a non-viable pregnancy is discovered and therefore also puts the woman's life in danger it is surgically removed. No hospital in the world would allow a woman to die by not treating an ectopic pregnancy as they would be sued in a heartbeat and doctor's are supposed to save lives. I'm not going to read your lengthy link but if you are trying to claim that the opposite is the norm then you are just being dishonest and grasping at straws trying to tie that into a right to an abortion out of convenience only.

Old 11-11-2022, 11:35 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That is a not a response to what I posted, which was that many people are creeped out and alarmed by the beliefs that Trump is somehow ordained by God and destined to lead the USA. That is a post by one of your people here on P&OC, demonstrating some dangerous and frankly, outright insane thinking. People who think that way cannot be trusted to behave rationally. They are acting on beliefs and not facts.
Scary stuff

Old 11-11-2022, 11:39 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once a non-viable pregnancy is discovered and therefore also puts the woman's life in danger it is surgically removed. No hospital in the world would allow a woman to die by not treating an ectopic pregnancy as they would be sued in a heartbeat and doctor's are supposed to save lives. I'm not going to read your lengthy link but if you are trying to claim that the opposite is the norm then you are just being dishonest and grasping at straws trying to tie that into a right to an abortion out of convenience only.
Quote:
Was a miscarriage, not ectopic pregnancy. Hospital refused her request for abortion and let her die of sepsis.

Savita Halappanavar[3][4] (née Savita Andanappa Yalagi; 9 September 1981 – 28 October 2012) was a dentist[1] of Indian origin, living in Ireland, who died from sepsis after her request for an abortion was denied on legal grounds.[5] In the wake of a nationwide outcry over her death, voters passed in a landslide the Thirty-Sixth Amendment of the Constitution, which repealed the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland and empowered the Oireachtas to legislate for abortion. It did so through the Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Act 2018, signed into law on 20 December 2018.[3][6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_...a_Halappanavar

Old 11-11-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Yet I posted some links whereby some Obama followers said the same thing about him when he was president.
No, you didn't. You posted links from right-wing websites with conservatives saying that Obama followers were worshiping him.

I posted a link and a snippet posted here on City-Data by another poster who thinks EXACTLY LIKE YOU talking about how God ordained Trump and destined him to save America, not some liberal site accusing people of worshiping Trump. Completely different.

If someone told me that they thought Obama or ANY other President, not just Trump, was ordained by God to be President, I would think they had something seriously wrong with their thought processes, just as I think you guys who believe this about Trump do.

Anyway, God appears to have changed his mind...

Old 11-11-2022, 12:30 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
No, you didn't. You posted links from right-wing websites with conservatives saying that Obama followers were worshiping him.

I posted a link and a snippet posted here on City-Data by another poster who thinks EXACTLY LIKE YOU talking about how God ordained Trump and destined him to save America, not some liberal site accusing people of worshiping Trump. Completely different.

If someone told me that they thought Obama or ANY other President, not just Trump, was ordained by God to be President, I would think they had something seriously wrong with their thought processes, just as I think you guys who believe this about Trump do.

I never said that God ordained Trump nor do I personally believe that! I have never worshiped him as a man either. I don't even go to church! I just believed that his policies were in the best interests of this country. Of course most liberals wouldn't say that Obama was ordained by God because most of them don't even believe in God!

Here are some examples for you though......

"He is a community organizer like Jesus was. And now, we're a community and he can organize us."
- Left-wing activist actress Susan Sarandon on Obama, Jan 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI-BCbKuJGA

Old 11-11-2022, 12:34 PM

984 posts, read 442,423 times
Quote:

It appears so. If God is in the business of deciding who "wins" at American politics, he has a sense of humor about it and constantly swings the pendulum back and forth. Of course, the "God ordained Trump" people don't say boo when suddenly Trump is no longer "ordained." The whole thing is bizarre. Either you think God chooses the President or you don't. Not that he only chooses in the years that the guy you like is in the White House.

Old 11-11-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I never said that God ordained Trump nor do I personally believe that! I have never worshiped him as a man either. I don't even go to church! I just believed that his policies were in the best interests of this country. Of course most liberals wouldn't say that Obama was ordained by God because most of them don't even believe in God!

Here are some examples for you though......

"He is a community organizer like Jesus was. And now, we're a community and he can organize us."
- Left-wing activist actress Susan Sarandon on Obama, Jan 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI-BCbKuJGA
Well there you go, busting stereotypes. I am a registered Democrat, though I never vote straight party, but I belong to a church.

Saying Obama was like Jesus (or even funnier, calling Jesus a community organizer) is still not the same as preaching that God ordained Trump to be President and set in motion some so-called prophecies that Christians don't even agree means what he says they mean.

You might not fit the description, but there are plenty of religious crazies who believe that kind of thing. That is dangerous. We know what religious crazies can do, and it doesn't apply to any one religion. The crazies use the religions as a conduit to express their madness.

Old 11-11-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
It appears so. If God is in the business of deciding who "wins" at American politics, he has a sense of humor about it and constantly swings the pendulum back and forth. Of course, the "God ordained Trump" people don't say boo when suddenly Trump is no longer "ordained." The whole thing is bizarre. Either you think God chooses the President or you don't. Not that he only chooses in the years that the guy you like is in the White House.
Next thing you're going to tell us is that God doesn't favor football teams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies