Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 07:47 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But he didn't bring back manufacturing. There was no significant change in the amt. we imported no matter how much hot air Trump gave the issue.

And securing the border....the wall wasn't enough. By his own admission a significant portion of the wall was completed and yet it did nothing to curb illegals. Trump and Republicans are very good at dismissing that in the May of 2020 there were record numbers of illegal coming across the border.

Trump needed a better, more comprehensive immigration policy/plan. But the focus on the wall was simple, symbolic, expensive and not effective.
We will have to disagree on this one.

Trump did try and initiate bringing back manufacturing into USA. But the democrats, who I thought were the part of workers, suddenly turned globalists and wanted to still keep our manufacturing in China and other Asian countries. They were more anti Trump than pro USA, just because they lost the election to him, of all the people.

As to securing the border, physical walls work. They work very well in California, a blue state. And work where they are in place. Climbing the walls are not as easy as one thins. I have seen them in person south of San Diego and in TX and they are massive. Have the walls and then initiate other policies like not making it attractive to come into USA and overstaying, stop anchor babies etc. But again the democrats opposed them, just because Trump suggested it.

And I did not vote for him in either of the 2 elections. I voted third party. I dislike his crude behavior. But I liked some of his policies. Not all, but some.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:49 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
The religious right is dead nationally. Even red states are against total abortion bans and for decriminalization of drugs. RR got it's top want by overturning Roe v Wade and it killed GOP in swing states.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:53 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think this is a fair assessment.

Re #7: I’ve said it on other threads and I’ll say it here — I supported President Trump and I think our country is better off for having him as President for four years. He’s way better than what we’ve got now with Joe Biden. However, I want to see a different Republican nominee in 2024, just as long as it’s someone who isn’t afraid to fight back against Democrats (i.e., none of those meek go-along, get-along types like Mitt Romney).

^^^ This. I also will not vote for a Romney, Graham, Cheney or any other of those democrat lites. I want a street fighter like DeSantis.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:54 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
7) And as always, nominate Trump if you want to lose again.
More like, nominate another old white guy if you want to lose again. The left will ALWAYS portray any GOP candidate as the next Trump.

Until/unless the GOP starts to embrace some more diverse candidates in age and race, as well as beliefs(abortion), there will be no more “Trump landslide election wins” from 2016.

As a black conservative, there is zero reason for most people of color to embrace the GOP when you keep selecting old white men. Less DeSantis, more Tulsi Gabbard.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:25 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
1) Always listen to me, as I predicted better than the best pollsters. I pretty much nailed it all. I can do that because I am not tied to either party. I see things as they are, not as I wish they would be.
hmmm...

From June: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...wave-fall.html

From May:https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...prove-joe.html

From last week: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...nate-will.html

Old 11-09-2022, 08:32 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
1) Always listen to me, as I predicted better than the best pollsters. I pretty much nailed it all. I can do that because I am not tied to either party. I see things as they are, not as I wish they would be.

2) Lots of Republicans and Independents have fled blue states, making blue states even bluer, save a few counties, and making purple states deep red now. See Florida.

3) Blacks will stick with Democrats no matter what. Republicans should not waste time and money trying to peel them away. It will never happen.

4) Latinos are where it's at for Republicans. They are a much bigger demographic and align much better with Republicans. See Florida.

5) Pennsylvania proves why it's so important to Democrats to have extremely early voting PRIOR to debates happening. Smart move for them. Get the votes in, before people know what they are voting for.

6) Florida shows the proper path for Republicans to take if they want to win national elections. Seek the latino vote, give up on the black vote.

7) And as always, nominate Trump if you want to lose again. <---- This one is one Trump loyalists will refuse to admit and they will go down with the ship as a result. But hey, I guess you can always claim "stolen election" again, just like Democrats did in 2016 and some Democrats are doing again now.
Agreed. Don't forget the college demographic. It seemed like every time I saw our Democratic incumbent Governor , she was surrounded either by college age kids, or black people.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:33 AM

7,589 posts, read 4,161,936 times
It would be interesting to see how long the support from the Latino communities will last. When I first moved to Florida, people warned me about not moving to Miami-Dade because it would be like living outside of the US. Broward was the place to be if "you don't want to hear Spanish."

Old 11-09-2022, 08:34 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Lessons learned = Half of Americans are really dumb.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:34 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Trump is nothing more than an orange anchor around the neck of the Republican party. He needs to go.

However I still see Trump sycophants out there. I have one neighbor who hangs two massive Trump flags on his garage all day long and wears Trump shorts and FJB shirts. Oh brother.
This was definitely proven last night.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:51 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
More like, nominate another old white guy if you want to lose again. The left will ALWAYS portray any GOP candidate as the next Trump.

Until/unless the GOP starts to embrace some more diverse candidates in age and race, as well as beliefs(abortion), there will be no more “Trump landslide election wins” from 2016.

As a black conservative, there is zero reason for most people of color to embrace the GOP when you keep selecting old white men. Less DeSantis, more Tulsi Gabbard.
Well, you could always embrace the Democrats, whose presidential candidate was . . . oh, wait . . .

As a conservative, I would hope you'd focus more on the content of one's character than on the color of one's skin. For a Democrat, Tulsi Gabbard isn't half bad. But I'd rather have DeSantis. Not because he's a white man, but because I think his policies would be better for the country than Gabbard's would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies