Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 10:54 AM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I must be missing something, because the only picture I can see in the linked story is from the waist up. From that perspective, what they're wearing is perfectly fine and normal.
The article linked has yet another link to the actual article with a full pic.

I can't stand social media news,...just making content out of other links from some retweet ,.etc,...

Old 11-09-2022, 11:33 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
That's definently not my style.

Dresses are a bit too short and tight for my nonexistent daughters and I wouldn't refer to their looks the way this guy did, a bit creepy.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:27 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Looks like the normal stuff you see in Florida daily, not sure how teens dress in other places.
Wow. Not like that.
IMO, to each their own, but teen in my area dress nothing like that, not even for prom.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:35 PM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty gross when you use your own daughters to feed your narcissism. He knew what he was doing, you put yourself out there to the public on social media, don't expect everyone to laud you.

Also, those dresses are not appropriate whatsoever at such a young age, and I don't care what anyone says ("oh, that's nothing compared to what people what I see..").

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-d...222749131.html
Dadfriend must never have heard the term "off like a prom dress".....

Old 11-09-2022, 12:52 PM

984 posts, read 442,639 times
Who cares what someone else's kid wears? Those dresses are fine. My daughter doesn't like tight clothes and wouldn't wear that, but if she did, I'd tell her she looked great, because she would.

Why are adults bullying these kids?

Old 11-09-2022, 01:07 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Google "Homecoming dresses" and you will see it's the style.
Google “homecoming pictures” and you will see it’s not allowed because many schools have dress codes for prom.

I know the left is sad that dress codes exist, but they do.

Old 11-09-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Who cares what someone else's kid wears? Those dresses are fine. My daughter doesn't like tight clothes and wouldn't wear that, but if she did, I'd tell her she looked great, because she would.

Why are adults bullying these kids?
Personally I dont care. What irritates me is people splashing all their business on social media, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, then when people respond negatively they get upset.
The dad said he was in total shock that there was any controversy. I call BS on that.

Old 11-09-2022, 01:23 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Personally I dont care. What irritates me is people splashing all their business on social media, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, then when people respond negatively they get upset.
The dad said he was in total shock that there was any controversy. I call BS on that.
Well, I'm surprised too, at the controversy.

And I don't really get why a father can't be proud and show off his beautiful daughters on a special occasion. I don't understand why that's BS.

I post pics of my kids and grandkids at times. I kinda figure that's what social media is for.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, I'm surprised too, at the controversy.

And I don't really get why a father can't be proud and show off his beautiful daughters on a special occasion. I don't understand why that's BS.

I post pics of my kids and grandkids at times. I kinda figure that's what social media is for.
No, I call BS that he was shocked that he would get some negative responses on FB or whatever social media he posted it on. Frankly I'm never shocked that anything is controversial, and the attire of young girls, that's always going to get some flack no matter how they are dressed.

People are welcome to post what they like on FB just don't act all butt hurt when people comment on your post. If you put it out there, people are going to say something. Look at the people who have been fired, canceled and had death threats over stuff they say or pictures on FB.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:41 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No, I call BS that he was shocked that he would get some negative responses on FB or whatever social media he posted it on. Frankly I'm never shocked that anything is controversial, and the attire of young girls, that's always going to get some flack no matter how they are dressed.

People are welcome to post what they like on FB just don't act all butt hurt when people comment on your post. If you put it out there, people are going to say something. Look at the people who have been fired, canceled and had death threats over stuff they say or pictures on FB.
I agree some, with what you're saying. I don't think it SHOULD'VE been controversial, but seeing as people can be anonymous and say whatever foul thing pops into some heads...guess I shouldn't be.

But I also think this man was simply posting a pic of proud papa with his girls...and that shouldn't have been a controversial thing...IMO.

This is not like he called someone the n word, or said anything innapropriate, and these are dresses that DID pass the school dress code...and it just shouldn't have been a big deal.

But yes...young girls always seem to catch the ire of dirty old men. Weird how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies