Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 02:47 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The article linked has yet another link to the actual article with a full pic.

I can't stand social media news,...just making content out of other links from some retweet ,.etc,...
The pink dress that the 14 year-old is wearing IS too short, particularly with the heels. Not only is she younger but it appears shorter than the black dress. But like many people in television perhaps the dad is a narcissist, and considers the sexual attention his daughters would get as a compliment to his own genes.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:55 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The pink dress that the 14 year-old is wearing IS too short, particularly with the heels. Not only is she younger but it appears shorter than the black dress. But like many people in television perhaps the dad is a narcissist, and considers the sexual attention his daughters would get as a compliment to his own genes.
Some good points.

I'm no pearl clutcher here, but it's too much, too tight too short. These girls could be minors. People that are mocking people's views that it is inappropriate are missing the point that it's really kind of creepy on the dad's part. It's kind of multi layered at why it's not really a great pic in some ways.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:57 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
He's on an Orlando TV station I get on cable. His name is Matt Austin I think, and he is the son of a use to be Professional Wrestler. He also either won some contest or was nominated, as TV's hottest news anchor a few years ago I think it was. This story was on Inside Edition 2 weeks ago. He was asked about it on his newscast one night by the other anchor. He seemed to enjoy talking about it.

Old 11-09-2022, 03:25 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No, I call BS that he was shocked that he would get some negative responses on FB or whatever social media he posted it on. Frankly I'm never shocked that anything is controversial, and the attire of young girls, that's always going to get some flack no matter how they are dressed.

People are welcome to post what they like on FB just don't act all butt hurt when people comment on your post. If you put it out there, people are going to say something. Look at the people who have been fired, canceled and had death threats over stuff they say or pictures on FB.
If it was a mom posting a picture of herself dressed in her own little black, strappy dress in between her two daughters there would be posts of "Such beautiful ladies!" "Loooovvvveeee this!" etc.

If some man posted "Hot! What corner can I find you on?"....that would be o.k.?

Old 11-09-2022, 04:00 PM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
And yet...these dresses passed the dress code.

Frankly, seeing as these 2 girls ARE wearing shorts under their dresses, it's no different than wearing a top and shorts. No one's going to see anything private.

They're not revealing anything more than a modest bathing suit would reveal. The top part of the dresses are pretty tame.
Okay, i missed the part they were wearing shorts, that does change things. No easy access. And as far as the tops go, i agree, i've seen way worse.

Old 11-09-2022, 04:22 PM

7,288 posts, read 3,796,563 times
My daughter graduated three years ago and those dresses would never fly at her old high school. They would not pass the dress code. Her and her friends all wore ankle length formals.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:17 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
My daughter graduated three years ago and those dresses would never fly at her old high school. They would not pass the dress code. Her and her friends all wore ankle length formals.
To Homecoming? In our area floor length formals are reserved for Prom.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:19 PM

7,288 posts, read 3,796,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
To Homecoming? In our area floor length formals are reserved for Prom.
Anything they want as long as the dress code is adhered to. These things are not held to strict rules or traditions out here, as far as I can tell.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:22 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
I have a friend who's daughter had her homecoming a couple of weeks ago. The daughter's dress was almost identical to the young girl on the left. Just a different color.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:22 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
I cannot see any photos, but from reading I assume the dresses are cut very high so the girls legs/thighs are showing.

Yes, I think that is deplorable. I think the father is an incestuous pervert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies