Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 08:31 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Why, provide opportunity to cheat!
No other reasonable answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 08:32 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The person in charge of counting the ballots in Arizona is also the Democrat Governor nominee, I think she knows that she's going to lose so she's delaying counting to consult with those that "handled" the last election to see how she can overcome the voters.
I very much doubt that, because this happens each and every election. This is not a new issue.

This is why I find it strange they have not been able to correct the situation over the years. It just keeps happening election after election.

Don't the people there want to improve the counting and reporting system or are they happy as can be taking days and days to report what they counted?

Old 11-10-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This helps explain why it's taking so long.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=114eacfe6647
Thank you. I just read it and it still doesn't really address why they don't update the numbers "as they count". If the numbers are not changing at all, one could assume they are not currently counting. I doubt they have taken a break in the count, so I would be very interested in why they don't update the numbers "as they count them".

Again, no conspiracy. No accusations. Just curious why this is not an issue in other states. At least not to this degree.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Seriously.

Why can't they fix their system so they can get the votes counted as fast as Florida?

Why do they always have several hours, if not days of the percent reported not changing?

What the heck takes them so long? It's the same thing election after election after election. Maybe they should think about working on this issue.
Tequila and Siesta.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:39 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Yes, that part we all know. Try to focus on what the issue actually is.

They are counting votes, correct?

Why is the total vote reported percentage not changing all day long? It's the same as yesterday morning.

This is the specific issue I am asking about. They are counting. Why are they not updating the numbers as they count?

Do they want to release in a block of a certain percentage, rather than as they count? If so, why?

Just trying to understand the logic here. No conspiracy theories. No accusations. Just trying to understand why they don't release as they count or even remotely close to when they count.
There are no updates because the trucks traveling from California hasn’t arrived yet. Makes sense.

Like package tracking, the term is “in transit “

Old 11-10-2022, 08:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Thank you. I just read it and it still doesn't really address why they don't update the numbers "as they count". If the numbers are not changing at all, one could assume they are not currently counting. I doubt they have taken a break in the count, so I would be very interested in why they don't update the numbers "as they count them".

Again, no conspiracy. No accusations. Just curious why this is not an issue in other states. At least not to this degree.
If they release one large drop of information at the end of the day, vs. many small drops throughout the day - what's the substantive difference in the result?

If I give you the results of 100K ballot chunks at 9a, noon, 3p and 6p how is that "better" or more valuable than giving you results for 400K ballots at 6p?

Old 11-10-2022, 08:42 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
As others have postulated, the delays allow democrats to drive the ballots to the needed locations. Less than 68% counted so far in Arizona, and the vote Talley-person is the democrat on the ticket. Incompetence. Lack of priorities. Or go back to the truck theory.
This comment is bizarre. Rs tend to do better in late counted ballots in Az. That is why they won't call the race for Kelly even though he is 6-7 points ahead.

In 2020 Trump actually closed the gap with Biden significantly as they counted the mailed ballots. IIRC it went from Biden by 80k on election night to something like a 12k vote final margin. So if you want to have AZ stop all the ballot counting at this minute and declare winners early, that suits me fine.

Rs do not want to move away from mail in ballots because it provides them with a huge boost among retirees (who are a big faction in both states). Dems just fetishize mail in voting in general which makes no sense as it gives rise to all the false 'cheater' cries from the other side.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Tequila and Siesta.
Now THAT could be it...LOL!

Old 11-10-2022, 08:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
This comment is bizarre. Rs tend to do better in late counted ballots in Az. That is why they won't call the race for Kelly even though he is 6-7 points ahead.

In 2020 Trump actually closed the gap with Biden significantly as they counted the mailed ballots. IIRC it went from Biden by 80k on election night to something like a 12k vote final margin. So if you want to have AZ stop all the ballot counting at this minute and declare winners early, that suits me fine.

Rs do not want to move away from mail in ballots because it provides them with a huge boost among retirees (who are a big faction in both states). Dems just fetishize mail in voting in general which makes no sense as it gives rise to all the false 'cheater' cries from the other side.
Not to mention Republicans are running the show in Maricopa County. You could call them never-Trumpers in 2020, I guess, but what's the excuse now? Trump's not on the ballot.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If they release one large drop of information at the end of the day, vs. many small drops throughout the day - what's the substantive difference in the result?

If I give you the results of 100K ballot chunks at 9a, noon, 3p and 6p how is that "better" or more valuable than giving you results for 400K ballots at 6p?
1) They didn't do a large drop at the end of the day yesterday. If they did, I would not have an issue.

2) The country is very interested in how things are going, because the races may decide very important issues for the country.

3) By waiting, holding out if you will, just provides fuel for the conspiracy theorists on both sides.

Why not try to improve processes and systems to be as efficient as say, Florida? Remember the issues Florida had with voting back in the day? Imagine if they did not ever work on fixing those? Remember the meltdown Democrats were having over that? Maybe you are too young to remember. I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies