Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2024: Governor DeSantis vs President Biden
Trump 2020 voter, would vote for Governor DeSantis 78 59.09%
Trump 2020 voter, would vote for President Biden 2 1.52%
Biden 2020 voter, would vote for Governor DeSantis 8 6.06%
Biden 2020 voter, would vote for President Biden again 21 15.91%
Third party 4 3.03%
Would not vote 3 2.27%
Other 7 5.30%
Trump 2024 or bust! 9 6.82%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 01:33 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
What a joke as that silly bloke would never win.
I am 99.9999% sure that poster was being facetious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 02:56 PM

10,468 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Why can't we have a Trump/DeSantis presidency and vice presidency? Let Trump deal with the international affairs and DeSantis can deal with the domestic.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:28 PM

13,750 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
No one has banned books and young girls should feel safe changing in the locker rooms.

Only if you bring back the 'normal' Democrats, who are more Bill Clinton and John F Kennedy. Four new members of 'The Squad' won on Tuesday. The Democratic Party needs to squash its extremists, yet it keeps electing more.

Should the day arrive when DeSantis becomes the Rep nominee for president...that's the day the MSM begins their 24/7 non-stop assault. However, I feel very confident he'll push back hard. He will not allow the MSM to dictate the rules or play umpire during the campaign. In the meantime the Dems/MSM will do their best to kindle the flames for an all-out Trump/DeSantis fight.

This is DeSantis biggest challenge. He can't afford to make an enemy of Trump. If Trump insists on running again in 2024 DeSantis best move is not to challenge him. It'll be too costly. Trump can burn down a 2024 run for DeSantis. From what I've read Trump feels betrayed that DeSantis allowed himself to be courted by those within the Rep. establishment.

Now, I don't believe DeSantis would consider challenging Trump if the Rep. had a big night on Tuesday. But they didn't and this has nothing to do with DeSantis. He wisely said nothing when Trump made the nickname quip but like or not it's on not DeSantis needs to smooth over his relationship with Trump.

It's up to Trumps family and his inner circle to convince him to step down. He can still hold rallies for his fans and bash the Dems and the MSM but let DeSantis run for president.

Again that's the biggest challenge for DeSantis right now: How to get back in good standing with Trump or at least enough of a standing that he won't torpedo a DeSantis run.

Make no mistake a Trump run in 2024 is a possibility and if he does he'll likely win the nomination. But I think Trump is beginning to realize his time may have past. He might find it embarrassing to announce at some point he won't run. However, getting blown out by Biden in 2024 would be a nightmare.

Look at Stacey Abrams. There's something about her that turns off some voters. More money and another run for governor won't change this. We all know Trumps larger than life personality has always been a strong point and at times a liability. Unfortunately today that personality has become more of a liability.

Last edited by john3232; 11-10-2022 at 04:51 PM..

Old 11-10-2022, 04:31 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
The only thing DeSantis would do on Foreign Policy is the Cheney/Rumsfeld. Just invade. He's a NeoCon. Trump knew compromise and knew how to do business and deal with people. DeSantis doesn't. Hes better off just running Red, retiree boomer Florida. On a national scale. And to top it off, he just doesn't have the charisma to connect outside his base. , Biden will destroy him.

Trump has a legit chance to take Biden down. DeSantis has NO chance

Last edited by DorianRo; 11-10-2022 at 04:42 PM..

Old 11-10-2022, 04:41 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
I’m extremely thankful for DeSantis as a Floridian! 2020 would have been so much worse without him.

I can’t vote in the poll. I voted libertarian party in 2020 and for no one in 2016, but would vote for DeSantis for prez in a heartbeat. My only fear is the replacement here in FL could never compare. (Really don’t want this to come off hero-worship-y.)

I did go back and vote “Other.”

Last edited by andrea3821; 11-10-2022 at 04:56 PM..

Old 11-10-2022, 04:43 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Fetterman 2024
He would win against Trump not sure about Desantis. It's the issues now not the candidate. He would win by default just as he did in the last election.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:46 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Why can't we have a Trump/DeSantis presidency and vice presidency? Let Trump deal with the international affairs and DeSantis can deal with the domestic.
Because DeSantis tried to cut over Trumpy. He will never allow that.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Biden again all the way. DeSantis is a culture warrior, he doesnt care about actual issues, just blathering nonstop about silly nonsensical things that ONLY hard right republicans think is important. Banning books and policing school bathrooms. I mean what a horse's ***.

I applaud voters for rejecting MAGA during the midterms but in 2024, we need to squash right wing extremism once and for all. Bring back 'normal' republicans who are more like Reagan and the Bushes.
He actually made sure schools weren’t closing and forcing masks and vaccines. He tried to keep businesses open in 2020 when county govts were closing them doing and doing dumb things like closing beaches and roping off playgrounds. The “don’t say gay” bill is nothing of the sort, it’s disallowing elementary school kids from being taught about age inappropriate topics. Hopefully people who think like you will actually look at facts and not CNN rhetoric and whatever is posted on social media from the peanut gallery.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:53 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Sounds like Trump made another lengthy rant about Desantis online. Let's go Donald!

Old 11-10-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The only thing DeSantis would do on Foreign Policy is the Cheney/Rumsfeld. Just invade. He's a NeoCon. Trump knew compromise and knew how to do business and deal with people. DeSantis doesn't. Hes better off just running Red, retiree boomer Florida. On a national scale. And to top it off, he just doesn't have the charisma to connect outside his base. , Biden will destroy him.

Trump has a legit chance to take Biden down. DeSantis has NO chance
Why do you keep saying this? I have no idea one way or the other but I’ve never seen something to indicate he’s a war monger. The retirees in my state are most def not the only ones voting red, btw. It would also depend which area you’re looking at bc the metros in the southern half of the state tend to go blue, maybe a little also in Jax and Tally and for sure Gainesville, but that’s about it. The rest of the state is red and many of the Rs won by a good margin this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies