Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 06:47 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems will love DeSantis now, just like Liz Cheney
I think you're wrong about that.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:47 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Where is all this coming from? Why is Trump mad at DeSantis?
Because DeSantis killed it on Tuesday. Trump was a liability and lost bigly.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:50 PM

276 posts, read 145,731 times
I don't follow any of this drama, but as a Floridian if DeSantis runs I will vote for him over Trump. If he doesn't run and we only get Trump then I will vote for Trump.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:52 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
DeSantis has not uttered one word about Trump. Supporters always defended Trump, saying he is a counter-puncher and only attacks when attacked have been proven wrong in a big way, today - AGAIN. Of course, the Trump haters (me) were po'd at him from the day he took office because of his never-ending divisive rhetoric, blatant lies and IRRESPONSIBLE insinuations - via "they say," "some people are saying," and far, far worse. Now he issues unwarranted attacks on a rising star in his own party. I love it.

Trump has always been an attention-seeking provocateur (and jackass). This is nothing new.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:53 PM

6,095 posts, read 2,715,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I don't follow any of this drama, but as a Floridian if DeSantis runs I will vote for him over Trump. If he doesn't run and we only get Trump then I will vote for Trump.
If Desantis were to run he would win Florida easily and many other States and probably trounce Trump. Trump knows this.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:59 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Trumps not going to do anything but destroy himself taking on Desantis. He needs to know like a mature person when his time has come and gone and step aside gracefully.

Also his supporters are merely going to fracture the party if they take a hardline stance in support of Trump. It's interesting to me because most of his supporters are now the anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists meanwhile Trump is out there saying the vaccines and boosters are safe, so why do you support him?

For me, he keeps immigration in check. That's all I need a president to do.... go against the globalist pigs.... but not at the expense of handing the nation to democrats

Old 11-10-2022, 07:07 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think you're wrong about that.
They’re already complimenting him and loving it. Anyone that the big orange meanie doesn’t like they praise, and vice versa.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:12 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Maybe one should run as an independent.
That’s most likely Trumps idea , he’d rather his party loose than see Desantis in the White House …

Old 11-10-2022, 07:20 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
As a non-Floridian, that's where I stand as well.

Of course, we've all known that Trump is an arrogant narcissistic jack-butt, and has been for many decades now. I put this to the side when I got into the voting booth because I like his policies and I like the fact that he wouldn't cave in to the Democrats in the endless quest to "reach across the aisle," which was always a one-way reach. But if it's one thing to stick it to the Dems, and if it's another thing to stick it to his opponents in his own party during the primary, it's something else again to throw shade on someone who is not a declared candidate, and who has done absolutely nothing against him. Now he's just being small and petty. Again. And the more he does it, the more I want DeSantis to be our next president.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:22 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Base Camp View Post
How quick they turn on the great one.

It's the Great One to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Of course people are overreacting to just about everything.

I got two things Trump is communicating with this.

1- The "right" media did the same thing in 2016. Nothing new. They failed then... they will fail again.

2- DeSantis should remember how Trump helped him, and not go against him. Don't' listen to the cool kids at the cool lunch table.

Just let this stuff play out, and don't let it consume you. At the end of the day, most people who vote for either one of these two will not vote for the lefty candidate.
I enjoy the drama, something to take up our time while those election folks finish their mining er counting of votes.

They don't have time to do their job and count our votes, but they do have time to leave their voting posts at 3:39 so they can get home, fire up their social media and go Waa tWump!

Trump is just sharpening his protege.

Quote:
Well dang. This is why I just can’t with Trump. He’s a straight up jerk and doesn’t care what people think about it. I’d rather him use his words better and say things with meaning that people still may not like but at least they will respect him still. Good grief.
Who are you?

I got a Status Line older than your user date.

I've not seen you up in here for the last 6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Curious to know . . . how is DeSantis going against Trump? I don't remember hearing him say anything bad about Trump but maybe I missed something. Or, maybe in Trump's mind (which is always a strange trip to take), DeSantis was supposed to drop to his knees on election night and thank Trump for his win? Sorry but it looks to me like Trump is seeing that he's not the cool kid on campus now and he doesn't like it.
DeSantis is the best. He's done nothing wrong. We will/would all vote for him.

He doesn't need to engage Trump nor fire back. Trump is just playing his games. DeSantis is just being taught how to take the High Road no matter the opponent. This is just an exercise, nothing serious.

Quote:
Where is all this coming from? Why is Trump mad at DeSantis?
Ok, here's the skinny, it was the poster Melania had in her shoe closet ok? Trump got a little Jealous.

Quote:
Good for you.

Your state and your Governor is the envy of the world. If DeSantis becomes President, could we just have him do both jobs and rename the nation United States of Florida? Go Dolphins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Also his supporters are merely going to fracture the party if they take a hardline stance in support of Trump. It's interesting to me because most of his supporters are now the anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists meanwhile Trump is out there saying the vaccines and boosters are safe, so why do you support him?...
Trump supporters remember what the Weaponized politicized media, fbi, cia, nsa, espn, hehe, epa, doj, hollywood, snl idiots did to take him down for months before his term, during his 4 years and now 2 years after his term for revenge of beating Hilary Clinton.

Trump was the only human being who could endure that and do what he did for this country for every hour of every day that he served us.

John McCain.

Mitt Romney.

Who else you got?

Oh, that's right, DeSantis.

Thank Trump and us Trump voters for that.

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They’re already complimenting him and loving it. Anyone that the big orange meanie doesn’t like they praise, and vice versa.
He'll have democrats so confused they'll vote for DeSantis.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-10-2022 at 08:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies