Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the best democrat presidential candidate in 2024
Bernie Sanders - feel that burn 11 20.00%
AOC - still has her bartending license 7 12.73%
Kam Harris - who else has her experience? 4 7.27%
Beto O’rourke - who else has lost more elections? 4 7.27%
Hillary Clinton - the second attempt. 6 10.91%
Jill Biden - why not goi for the smartest one? 1 1.82%
Hunter Biden - you like his political savvy with foreign govt’s 18 32.73%
Joe Biden - he wants to run, but he won’t know he’s in the race 7 12.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 09:11 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
you seem to not have anything remotely conservative in your posts which all lean left. that’s fine you can call yourself whatever you like.
I am a Moderate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Hate to say this but your presidential picks don't make sense - you went from extreme conservative to left - usually as we age - we end up becoming more conservative not less. As far as the vote between Trump and Hillary - just vote 3rd party like I did when it was Obama and I didn't like the Republicans. The fact you voted for Hillary says a lot.
I am a Moderate.
I am not the only one who voted for Hillary. She won the popular vote and 2.9 Million voters more voted for her rather than Trump. He was awarded the Presidency because he won the Electoral College vote, but
in both of the races he ran he never was able to win the actual popular vote.

Quote:
More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/polit...te-final-count
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 05:00 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
........Unlike Republicans, though, Democrats don't tend to choose people for high office who are completely inexperienced in politics.
And that's a very big catch for while they may know their way about politics, are they doing it for the benefit of the country......or just for the benefit of them and those on their side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I am a Moderate.

I am a Moderate.
I am not the only one who voted for Hillary. She won the popular vote and 2.9 Million voters more voted for her rather than Trump. He was awarded the Presidency because he won the Electoral College vote, but
in both of the races he ran he never was able to win the actual popular vote.
Well, she did rather demonstrate the need for the Electoral College in that the country's leadership should not be decided by just a few large cities.

Which, in a way, has a hypocritic demonstration of our current times. The Electoral College is a demonstration that everyone has to be reached or at least so many of the country's people, not just a few. For those who say we should get rid of it, are they also the kind that support our current culture of letting everyone play and shine in the light and not just the stars, such as the "quarterbacks" we now see in the swimsuit issues? Just an observation.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-12-2022 at 05:14 AM..

Old 11-12-2022, 05:30 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
None of the people in the poll - Tulsi Gabbard
Not sure Tulsi would get the democrat nomination.

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabba...ongers-1750717

Old 11-12-2022, 06:06 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
Anybody besides those on that list for the D's.
Anybody besides Trump for the R's.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Joe, Bernie, and Hillary are too old.

We need some youthful AOC energy to enliven this nation, plus she's got some cool dance moves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeuzWWKrew

Old 11-12-2022, 03:50 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
If they were smart.....but the Democrat way seems to be to do end runs around the Constitution without bothering about amendments. They don't to do it the right way, they just want to do it so they get their way............

..........and one wonders why others do not trust them, do not believe them.
Yeah runs around the constitution.

On the other hand some justices write opinions citing people from the 1600s, you know before the constitution, to overturn precedent.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:56 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
None of the above, all are equally useless

Old 11-12-2022, 03:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Anybody besides those on that list for the D's.
Anybody besides Trump for the R's.
I have to agree.

Old 11-12-2022, 04:04 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Amy Klobuchar

Old 11-12-2022, 04:13 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Not sure why you think it is too funny....there are a lot of people who dislike Trump that much.

For President:
1976- I voted for Ford
1980- I vote for Ronald Reagan
1984 -I voted for Reagan again
1988-- Bush
1992-- Ross Perot
1996- Bob Dole
2000- George W Bush
2004- George W Bush
2008- Was Sick -Missed the election (had planned on voting for McCain)
2012- Obama
2016 Hillary(I left the GOP for the first time this year, changed party to Democrat
because I didn't like Hillary and wanted to vote against her in the Primary since it was obvious Trump
was going to get the GOP nomination)(I couldn't stand Hillary...but couldn't stand Trump more so I ended up holding my nose and voting for her.)
2020 Biden ( I would have voted for a rock before I voted for Trump).

^I didn't vote for a Democratic President until 2012....but event though I was Republican I voted for Democratic candidates more than once....I vote for the person who I think will do the best job, not for a party.
My first seven elections for President I voted 6 times for a Republican and once for an
Independent...last three times for a Democratic President.

I am an Independent now. I could vote for a Republican now, but I will not vote for an election denier, and one of the candidates pushing the big lie. If Trump runs in 2024 I will be voting Democratic again, no matter who the candidate is. Trump is like a wrecking ball who has nearly destroyed the Republican Party.
Very similar history, except I voted for Clinton in 1996 and Obama in 2008. I would have voted for McCain until he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate, and I wrote in Bernie Sanders in 2016 because I could not stand either Hillary or Trump, and the others were meh. I expected Hillary to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies