Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 05:41 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Nobel folks basically went on a "we hate George Bush binge" and handed out nobels to Gore, Carter and Obama even going so far as to mention Bush in the press release when giving out one of them.
I think it was more of a criticism of American racism. That's why Obama got the Nobel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 08:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Google is your friend.

Please don't mis-state my screen name.
Google was unable to tell me why you don't think jussie smellit is from Chicago.
why are you unable to answer the question?

Old 11-17-2022, 01:44 AM

3,735 posts, read 2,562,051 times
Quote:

Jail sentence stayed; appeal bond of $150k; 3/16/22. Google is your friend.
https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/court...profile-cases/
Hi.. You're actually kind of confirming my point (how the Smollett coverage dwindled, as his case went against him). The fact that you had to go to a government website to locate the details of Smollett's appeal (as opposed to the non-stop reporting of Smollett's initial claims of a hate crime). But I do appreciate the info, not sure why you insulted me in the process tho. (peace)

Old 11-17-2022, 04:31 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
here we go again. mass panic and outrage time.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/constr...r-noose-found/
Was Bubba Wallace there to support the 3rd worst president weve ever had Obama and his man/wife Micheal?

Old 11-17-2022, 05:08 AM

More to the point:

Quote:
CHICAGO - Construction resumed at the Obama Presidential Center worksite Wednesday after a noose was discovered last week. Lakeside Alliance, the construction company building the center, said someone found a noose on the property on Nov. 10. As a result, operations were temporarily suspended all onsite workers received anti-bias, inclusion and belonging training.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...ty/ar-AA14cLQv
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Google was unable to tell me why you don't think jussie smellit is from Chicago.
why are you unable to answer the question?
I know Smollett is not from Chicago -- it is not a question of me being unable to do anything. You can verify this fact to the extent of giving yourself some confidence in the claim by doing a little googling.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
You're actually kind of confirming my point (how the Smollett coverage dwindled, as his case went against him). The fact that you had to go to a government website to locate the details of Smollett's appeal (as opposed to the non-stop reporting of Smollett's initial claims of a hate crime). But I do appreciate the info, not sure why you insulted me in the process tho. (peace)
I didn't try to insult you. since the information is readily available, I don't know why folks would wonder about the status.

It is obvious to me that the name is not often in the media because nothing is happening with the case. The appeal process is long and has stretches where nothing new occurs at all. So, its not a question of less reporting due to the case going against him. There's just nothing new.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:19 AM

24,635 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How’s the big investigation going? LOL
It's a very complicated case.

They have to find out who, non-black, has the capability to tie a noose.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's a very complicated case.

They have to find out who, non-black, has the capability to tie a noose.
It all sounds a lot like another democratic racist play card again.
Obama and his wife Micheal probably had someone put it there so the can blame it on MAGA Republicans

Old 11-17-2022, 09:26 AM

3,735 posts, read 2,562,051 times
Quote:
I didn't try to insult you. since the information is readily available, I don't know why folks would wonder about the status.
Hi again..
Respectfully, you use patronizing phrases like 'Google is your friend.' That is deliberately insulting. Your response^, saying his appeal status is 'readily available' is equally patronizing (& is also dishonest, my opinion). You had to seek out a state government site, because the media did little to no reporting on/investigating the nature of his appeal (even initially when the story was still kinda hot).. I think, specifically because the appeal process is a story that has no anti-Trump(supporter) propagandistic value to the media.

The media's initial hope was that Smollett's accusations against White Trump supporters would be true, and it would be valuable ammunition as a general condemnation of all White Trump supporters.
Whether Smollett does any time for his felony convictions has no practical (slander) value to the media, which is why coverage of this story has & will vanish. However Smollett's appeal plays out, I anticipate it will never get the equal coverage that his claims did.
And forgive me, I get the impression you're a 70-something Boomer, I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you. But you don't have to patronize me.. because I have different perspective than you.

I'm curious, if you're game.. how did u see the Smollett case. Your take, was it real, or staged? And any thoughts on his sentence (to date).. excessive or fair, etc

Old 11-17-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Hi again..
Respectfully, you use patronizing phrases like 'Google is your friend.' That is deliberately insulting. Your response^, saying his appeal status is 'readily available' is equally patronizing (& is also dishonest, my opinion). You had to seek out a state government site, because the media did little to no reporting on/investigating the nature of his appeal (even initially when the story was still kinda hot)..
That's not accurate. As reported in the media, he was allowed to put off reporting to jail so he could appeal his conviction. Then, as many know, the appeals process takes its slow time. I don't see why anything should be reported in the paper during this process.

Quote:
I think, specifically because the appeal process is a story that has no anti-Trump(supporter) propagandistic value to the media.
The appeals process has little or no value as a current story.

Quote:
I'm curious, if you're game.. how did u see the Smollett case. Your take, was it real, or staged? And any thoughts on his sentence (to date).. excessive or fair, etc
I knew he was lying from jump street. Anyone who gets a rope around his neck immediately removes it. Plus, the quotes he used for his attackers did not sound like what anyone says.

His sentence was fair. The Chicago Police said they would not have charged him if he simply 'fessed up. But he doubled down on his lies and caused them to expend a lot of time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies