Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 10:27 AM

6,089 posts, read 2,876,453 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/trump-...ounds-chinese/

This is most certainly his ego talking. But, why now? I have not heard the Governor's name being floated as a potential presidential contender.

And, I would question Governor Youngkin's win being dependent on his support from the former president. I do not think that is the case, as Governor Youngkin did better in rural Virginia than President Trump did.

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Post
Former President Donald Trump ranted Friday against Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, saying his last name “Sounds Chinese” and claiming the governor “couldn’t have won without me” last year.

“Young Kin (now that’s an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?) in Virginia couldn’t have won without me,” the 45th president said series of posts on Truth Social. “I Endorsed him, did a very big Trump Rally for him telephonically, got MAGA to Vote for him – or he couldn’t have come close to winning.

“But he knows that and admits it. Besides, having a hard time with the Dems in Virginia – But he’ll get it done,” Trump added.

While Trump called into a phone rally for Youngkin during the governor’s campaign, he never physically came to Virginia to stump for him. Youngkin narrowly upset Democrat Terry McAuliffe in the commonwealth’s gubernatorial race, a win many political pundits attributed to Youngkin successfully keeping Trump at arm’s length.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 10:47 AM

29,850 posts, read 24,953,870 times
This sounds like typical Trump while he was president. Did you think he was going to tone down his rhetoric?

I think it would be great if past presidents faded into obscurity like in the past. It's time to move on. But there is a very good chance Trump is going to run for president again, and he may even win. So I would expect more of the same out of him, along with the constant clutching of pearls among the hyper sensitive... This is the USA though. Toughen up buttercups, we got 6 more years of this to go. I think when we finally get to a DeSantis presidency, there will be a return to more normalcy in American politics.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:50 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,997,021 times
May as well get all his free press in now I guess. By this time next year its going to be difficult to have an outlet from prison. The New Netflix special "Trump's last stand"

Old 11-11-2022, 10:55 AM

11,591 posts, read 6,072,690 times
Trump being Trump. He cracks me up. He pisses me off. He is embarrassing. He is funny. He trolls. He throws spaghetti at the wall. I miss him.

Mostly I miss the government we had under his presidency. I agreed with 95% of his executive policies. I would vote for him again in a New York minute.

I don't think he has a chance to win the primary, let alone the general election, but I would vote for him with both fists, warts and all. So he is a nutty perv? You can't have everything. Obama was catastrophic and AOC has Biden's ear. Anything is better than them.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:57 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,836,067 times
He's just so jealous of everyone and is so insecure that he has to lash out at anyone who is a perceived threat. He has no idea how to adult. Boy, his dad really did a number on him.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:59 AM

13,642 posts, read 4,957,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Trump being Trump. He cracks me up. He pisses me off. He is embarrassing. He is funny. He trolls. He throws spaghetti at the wall. I miss him.
He's also not very bright. If he really wanted to have any kind of political future within the Republican Party, he shouldn't be attacking two of the party's rising stars, DeSantis and Youngkin. Maybe he thinks he'll start his own party?

Old 11-11-2022, 11:02 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,826,428 times
TRUMP. IS. DONE.

Just give him a little more time to complete the job.
In the meantime I'll break out the popcorn and watch and giggle.
And, other than his job, DeSantis will not have to do or say a thing.

Life is good.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 11-11-2022 at 11:18 AM..

Old 11-11-2022, 11:04 AM

29,850 posts, read 24,953,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
He's also not very bright. If he really wanted to have any kind of political future within the Republican Party, he shouldn't be attacking two of the party's rising stars, DeSantis and Youngkin. Maybe he thinks he'll start his own party?

Meanwhile, you've installed the dimmest bulb known to man in the white house...

Old 11-11-2022, 11:05 AM

9,999 posts, read 5,706,423 times
Keep attacking politicians who are popular among your purported base, pal. Keep mouthing your way into political irrelevancy -- the sooner, the better.

Old 11-11-2022, 11:09 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,615,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
TRUMP. IS. DONE.

Just give him a little more time to complete the job.
In the meantime I'll break out the popcorn and watch and giggle.
And, other than his job, DeSantis will not have to do or say a thing.

Life is good.
DeSantis: Trump policies without the mix of narcissistic Hulk Hogan adoration seeking and your crazy ex on their bad days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies