Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 07:15 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
AZ was the bellwether state for Trump in 2022 and Tuesday was a disaster for Rep.

Yes, there were screw-ups but there's no cheating regardless of the Blake Masters says.

Now if Trump does decide to run he's going to need to seriously rethink this business of 2020 being stolen. He's got to take the "election-denier" tag off the table. Trumps needs to eat crow and say, "Yes, Biden is the legitimate the president" and stop taking about 2020.

A complete about face by Trump might work.
He'll never do it. A narcissist is incapable of admitting that HE is wrong - everyone ELSE is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 08:40 AM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
How about just "ok, this is the straw that broke the camel's back"?

I mean, at some point if you're going to stay behind an egomaniacal narcissist, you're either going to see the light in what Trump actually cares about, or you're going to show yourself to be an ignoramus or admit you're one of the bad people (racist or white supremacist).
This is not exactly what broke the camel's back, at least for me.

I was an enthusiastic supporter, during the 2016 primaries. Finally, I had a candidate that was talking about the issues I cared about.

The first year was great! We had tax cuts and part of an immigration solution.

Then, he signed the first budget, and I did a facepalm! No cuts of any kind, in fact, I believe it grew slightly.

Then, Covid relief after Covid relief was signed into law, and my support was waning. While I would have enthusiastically voted for President Trump, in 2016, should I have been old enough, I was far less enthusiastic about my vote for him, in 2020. I could not bear the though of voting for Joe Biden, though I did entertain the thought, for a little while, hoping he would at least be a moderate, but I was smart enough to realize that would likely not be the case.

I do not solely blame President Trump for the Capitol riot, as those criminals did act upon their own freewill.

I, also, do not solely blame President Trump for the midterm loses. He did little to campaign, though he did endorse many candidates. There is no sole reason to explain the GOP's midterm losses. It was a culmination of things.

But, going after Governor's DeSantis and Youngkin, two politicians I greatly support, when there is not even a primary, combined with everything else, has killed my support of Former President Trump.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:55 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
His base can't see that this ripping on other republican politicians is counterproductive and only serves to fracture the party. They want their vaccinated, boosted orange man in the while house, while they shake their fists at the sky about vaccines being a depopulation plot. I can't believe I almost got in with this crowd for awhile.

Good post above mine. Read it.^^^^ Remember OP that most posters here are MMTers who want pumped up stock market and asset bubbles with unlimited QE and zero interest rates. That's the "good times" for them even if it brings inflation. Republicans talk big on cutting spending but they are NOT fiscal conservatives.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:29 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Trump really is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?

Old 11-14-2022, 01:09 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
TDS much prefers pedophilia in the White House to someone that says, “sounds Chinese”.

Got it. I and millions will vote for “Sounds Chinese” while millions of others will vote for inflation, more illegals, more homeless, more violent crime, and senile pedophiles.

“Sounds Chinese”. So scary. Kung flu, anyone?

TDS 2024!

Old 11-14-2022, 01:16 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Trump's having a meltdown. I don't think he realizes how many people he's going to lose with this nonsense.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
His base can't see that this ripping on other republican politicians is counterproductive and only serves to fracture the party. They want their vaccinated, boosted orange man in the while house, while they shake their fists at the sky about vaccines being a depopulation plot. I can't believe I almost got in with this crowd for awhile.
Today's GOP would do well to relearn Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment. "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican." They lived by this rule for a long time and it served them well.

Then along came Trump...

Of course, one could argue whether or not Trump is really a Republican. He doesn't seem to support the party much beyond himself.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:41 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Today's GOP would do well to relearn Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment. "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican." They lived by this rule for a long time and it served them well.

Then along came Trump...

Of course, one could argue whether or not Trump is really a Republican. He doesn't seem to support the party much beyond himself.
I didn’t vote for the party. I voted for Trump and will again. The party didn’t want Trump in 2016. They wanted another RINO.

Idiots are more concerned with “sounds Chinese” than inflation, violent crime, and illegals.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:59 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I didn’t vote for the party. I voted for Trump and will again. The party didn’t want Trump in 2016. They wanted another RINO.

Idiots are more concerned with “sounds Chinese” than inflation, violent crime, and illegals.
Thank you for this. It is a perfect illustration of how Trump is systematically dismantling the GOP. Please continue...

Old 11-14-2022, 07:13 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Why was he out campaigning in other states?

Leave me out of the question, please.
because he is a winning Republican in a Blue state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies