Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 12:58 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times

Advertisements

Sure thing! Look at the charts... ALL groups are shifting to the right:

No they arent. Why would anyone want to be associated with those people,That want to rule by misinformation and violence, and upon getting caught. Blame the others for what they have just been caught doing. Not to mention, they couldnt tell the truth if their life depended on it, following their cult leader Trump, also with people like hatred mogul Alex Jones. And if it does happen. Its another chapter in the book, The Dumbing of America.

Old 11-13-2022, 01:02 PM

88,990 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Sure thing! Look at the charts... ALL groups are shifting to the right:

No they arent. Why would anyone want to be associated with those people,That want to rule by misinformation and violence, and upon getting caught. Blame the others for what they have just been caught doing. Not to mention, they couldnt tell the truth if their life depended on it, following their cult leader Trump. And if it does happen. Its another chapter in the book, The Dumbing of America.
I don't know why you don't believe CNN's data. ALL voting groups have shifted to the right. I posted the link. Educate yourself.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:07 PM

2,003 posts, read 864,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And you trust CNN?

Old 11-14-2022, 02:10 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
10 years ago, older millennials born roughly 1980-1992, voted democrat with a roughly +30-40% margin. This election, that has now narrowed to just +4%.

Could it be that pesky reality has started to set in? Crime, mortgages, taxes, inflation and above all, starting families. Or is something else here at play?

Gen Z meanwhile is a lost cause for now.
The people who came of age during the 2008 recession will take a while to change their mind about Republicans, just as the cohort that came of age during the Carter stagflation was the most Republican since before the Great Depression.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:13 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Tell me what just happened if this is truth? The Repugnants were supposed to kick butt this time around, instead the Democraps slapped them around with a senile retard as their main inspiration. No one shifted to the right. They shifted to self destruction...I find this whole thread ridiculously amusing.
Overall congressional vote flipped from 51-46 Democrat to 51-46 Republican from 2020 to 2022. There was a red wave. It just didn't flow in the right places to change much.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:56 PM

984 posts, read 442,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Same here, and add in the two of us old geezer boomers for team blue.
Everyone married, with kids, mortgages, multiple degrees and excellent jobs.
Both of my parents (Boomers) also voted blue, as did my brother (Gen X).

We don't discuss politics with my inlaws; I assume they voted red, but I really don't know.

All of the above are married, kids, mortgages, good jobs (or retired from good jobs), a couple business-owners, some with degrees and some without. None on any form of welfare, everyone is paying taxes.

Old 11-14-2022, 03:20 PM

276 posts, read 146,027 times
I'm 40 and 2020 was the first year I ever voted (for Trump). For me I think it was more about learning more about politics and covid forcing politics into my life than anything else. Pre 2019 I would have said I'm mostly democrat, I was even registered as a democrat even though I had never voted. I just did not get involved in politics, did not watch the news and for the most part politics did not get involved with me. For the most part my paychecks were always about the same no matter who was in office.

Along comes 2020 and a little thing called rona. Now I'm being forced to stay home (luckily I had already been working from home for years) all the restaurants and store around me are closed, I'm being told if I go outside I will probably die. Now I start watching the news. I remember the first political thing I ever watched was Trump would do like a daily thing around 5pm talking about covid. They would stream it on youtube and I would watch it there. Anyways I would listen to what he said, then the next day I would get the news headlines on my phone... Trump says to drink bleach, Trump says inject yourself with fish tank cleaner, Trump said this Trump said that... I'm like... you do realize I saw the whole press conference... I heard everything he said. He didn't say any of those things. That's kind of where it all started and as I followed politics a bit more I started to see how I was waaaaaaay more aligned with republicans than I ever was with democrats.

There I certainly things I disagree with republicans about, but none of those things have much of an impact on my life like the stuff I disagree with the democrats about.

Old 11-14-2022, 03:31 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Many old 1960's hippies are more liberal today than when they were young. They never grew up. I refer to this as "political retardation" -- the proclivity of some young liberals failing or refusing to become old conservatives. It is natural to go form young liberal to old conservative, after you grow up and get some skin in the game, raise a family, own a business, pay taxes, etc.

I am baffled why some young liberals become more radical with age. I don't get it.
crazy cat lady syndrome..Toxoplasmosis....goes right for the brain

Old 11-14-2022, 04:08 PM

423 posts, read 186,471 times
I don't see the big difference between D and R. Two wings of the same globalist, world-policing, war mongering establishment. Clinton (D) - Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq. Bush (R) - Afghanistan, Iraq. Obama (D) - Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan. Biden (D) - Russia (possibly WWIII)

I intentionally left out the one outlier, the court jester Trump's presidency who is neither D nor R. Let's call it the universally hated MAGA anomaly. Yet he's the only one to establish the closest thing we'll ever have in our lifetime or what we've ever had in modern history to World Peace. Ain't that a funny thing.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
In your opinion why is the democratic party terrible.
because they are all talk... great ideas, but poor plans/laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies