Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 08:11 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Won't shock me if they keep both with rigged voting.
Yep and nothing will be done about it again. Republicans will complain and then go back to our lives. There are no more fair elections.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:11 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If Dems keep the house, how can you blame some for being suspicious about the results?

Arizona and Nevada are coming across as pathetic and/or corrupt.

A modern system of voting, nationwide, when you have lame-laggards like these two??????????
When the person calling the shots regarding elections is running for election, it certainly adds fuel to the election fraud fire.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:13 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I've been following the still outstanding counts for the US House. I estimated last night that the House should break 221 Republican seats to 214 Democratic seats, give or take a few seats.

On a now closed thread down in the Elections subforum, I was ridiculed for guesstimating in the week prior to the election that the Republicans would take only 230 seats.

If my new guesstimate holds up, then the Republicans get a 3 seat majority. I would not envy the Republican Speaker of the House, having to mollify just about every single Republican representative whenever trying to get anything done.

My assumption is that in the next two years, we'll see lots of House committee investigations, very few bills passing, and no impeachments coming out of the House. Basically, near total gridlock and a lot of grand-standing being performed for the 2024 elections.
To be fair, gridlock would have been the order of the day even if the republicans made a clean sweep of congress as Biden is still in the White House.

But I don’t have a problem with gridlock. In fact, I prefer it in many ways.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:15 AM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Yep and nothing will be done about it again. Republicans will complain and then go back to our lives. There are no more fair elections.
What choice do we have? What can we do? I am not going to pick up a gun and march in the streets.

The ballot box is the last place we have to save America. Now that is has becoming unreliable, what choice do we have but to go back to our lives under stolen elections? We have no recourse unless a large chunk of the electorate wakes up, and that is not going to happen.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:16 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No inflation is real

But we do differ on the root cause of inflation.

Conservatives blame Biden for it all, ignoring global inflation, supply chain disruptions, the job market resulting in rising wage costs, the American oil producers admitting, owning and boasting of recovering their 2020 losses and holding on to cash for investors and yes govt. spending that started...in 2020!!!!!!!!!
Inflation happens for two main reasons.

1) Too much money is flooded into the system by governments.

2) Too few people are working, which causes supply chain issues.

Questions for you.

1) Did Biden and the Democrats add more money to the system after they took office and after vaccines were available?

2) Did Biden and the Democrats extend or create programs after they took office which allowed/encouraged people to continue to NOT work?

And there you go. Just face reality. Obviously it's not 100% on Biden and the Democrats, but the reality is they certainly took steps to make things much worse than they needed to be, especially as at that point we had multiple vaccines and we should have gone right back to working and did not need more money flushed into the system.

That is fact.

And as far as the oil companies go, the government keeps stating they want to put them out of business. Biden repeated it again during the last days of this campaign. If you owned a business and the government stated they want to end your business, would you spend even more money to expand your capacity? Come on Man! Get real. You would stop expanding, you would actually reduce and you would protect your investment.

^ THAT is what Biden and the Democrat policies and attitude have caused. THAT is a DIRECT effect.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:17 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
An election not going the way you want isn't fraud

Old 11-12-2022, 08:22 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
that is 100% bs

i guess you forgot about all the al franken votes in the trunk of a car, thousands of ballots (on film) being dropped in dropped boxes, and vans full of ballots pulling into be processed after 2 am in pa.
Give me a break!

This is why we will ultimately need to break free of democrat states, as they no longer respect the constitution, the rule of law, nor fair elections.

this^^^^^^^

Old 11-12-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post

I hear that Wall Street is welcoming gridlock with open arms.
Yes they are and THAT is my concern here. I'm not politically affiliated with either side. I voted straight Republican this time (for the first time ever) to try to force split power, thus gridlock, so I can get my investments to do well. If the gridlock goes away with a Democrat House win, I do have concern what will happen again with the markets.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:23 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It appears, for some strange reason, 5 very strong Republican House districts in California are lagging reporting by a wide margin. Only around 37-51% at this point. A conspiracy theorist might think they are waiting to see how all the other races turn out, to see if something needs to change in these last 5 Red California House seats to make things "correct" in the end.

Now I'm not saying that is what is happening, but I know some people will have an issue with this slow process, especially if all of a sudden right at the end, 5 very strong Red seats all of a sudden turn blue, giving the House to the Democrats.

This is exactly why we need results day of election, so people can have faith in the system. Lagging like this will make some people question the process.

What say you?

These are the districts.

California's 3rd District
California's 13th District
California's 22nd District
California's 27th District
California's 41st District
California's 3rd District: Kiley (R) - 53%, Jones (D) - 47%. 53% reporting.

California's 13th District: Duarte (R) - 50.1%, Gray (D) - 49.9%. 61% reporting

California's 22nd District: Valadao (R) - 52.5%, Salas (D) - 47.5%. 53% reporting.

California's 27th District: Garcia (R) - 53%, Smith (D) _ 44%. 64% reporting.

California's 41st District: Calvert (R) - 50.6%, Rollins (D) - 49.4%. 59% reporting.

There is also this one that hasn't been called:

California's 45th District: Steele (R) - 54%, Chen (D) - 46%. 67% reporting.

I've been watching Valadao vs Salas every day. It has taken 2 days to go from 39% to 53%. Why? There's not that many ballots to count.

I keep pointing out that the Dems could win all of their strong, likely, and leans, PLUS all of the toss ups, and they still would not have 218. They would have to take all 5 of the above mentioned races to win, and that's just BS. Could they squeak out 1 or 2? Not unheard of, but 5?

No. If that happens, then we know someone is lying and cheating. ESPECIALLY for the Central Valley.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
California's 3rd District: Kiley (R) - 53%, Jones (D) - 47%. 53% reporting.

California's 13th District: Duarte (R) - 50.1%, Gray (D) - 49.9%. 61% reporting

California's 22nd District: Valadao (R) - 52.5%, Salas (D) - 47.5%. 53% reporting.

California's 27th District: Garcia (R) - 53%, Smith (D) _ 44%. 64% reporting.

California's 41st District: Calvert (R) - 50.6%, Rollins (D) - 49.4%. 59% reporting.

There is also this one that hasn't been called:

California's 45th District: Steele (R) - 54%, Chen (D) - 46%. 67% reporting.

I've been watching Valadao vs Salas every day. It has taken 2 days to go from 39% to 53%. Why? There's not that many ballots to count.

I keep pointing out that the Dems could win all of their strong, likely, and leans, PLUS all of the toss ups, and they still would not have 218. They would have to take all 5 of the above mentioned races to win, and that's just BS. Could they squeak out 1 or 2? Not unheard of, but 5?

No. If that happens, then we know someone is lying and cheating. ESPECIALLY for the Central Valley.
All it takes is for 3 of those to "suddenly" & "out of the blue" & "shockingly" go from normal Republican to "surprise" Democrat at the "very end" as the last 3 districts to be "counted" and then the predicted split party control with much needed gridlock goes back to one party control and the spending floodgates stay open.

We may never see the end of inflation if that happens and that won't be good in the long run for investments, including pension funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies