Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2022, 04:57 AM

608 posts, read 239,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think in the next 15 to 20 yrs America will be a completely different country than it is now. Leftist will have taken over everything and there will be one party rule with a one world government rule coming or in place.

Total governmental control over most people's lives in some form or other. If this doesn't happen in 15 or so yrs it will in 30 or 40.

The left will probably win eventually, they've got literally every advantage, it's just a matter of time.

They are the masters of propaganda spin and always have been.

The great reset is a foot.

In 50 plus yrs we will probably be living under some form of feudalism, which is the real end game of the great reset.
...add in the liberal bias of a lot of teachers, and the young who reach voting age will almost inevitably vote Democrat.

Basically White Republicans have let themselves slide into extinction. About the only hope for any Republicans is ...seriously... all the illegals who might see all the gender-fluidity garbage and free-reign Black strret crime, and say "we didn't walk over the border for this..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 05:37 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I live in Florida and it is amazingly welcoming to minorities, especially in the deep red part I live in.

However you can't force people to move somewhere they chose not to move, even though the Federal government is trying to force that to happen.

I live in a mostly conservative county on the east coast of Florida between West Palm and Melbourne. I live in a neighborhood with hispanics, haitians, blacks, whites and a few LGBTQ couples. We have NO PROBLEM and out county mostly always votes republican.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:46 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
what i find interesting is there is no diversity of thought among democrats. you never hear democrats criticizing other democrats. republicans on the other hand are constantly at war with one another from the establishment to the tea party to maga.
You don’t hear about it because the news you receive doesn’t cover the discussion and disagreements.

Sheila Jackson, the democrat congresswoman, openly called for violence if the George Floyd verdict wasn’t guilty. Plenty of democrats were telling her to shut up but CNN and MSNBC didn’t report, to feign unity.

You’re not hearing about democrat discourse “by design”. Doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Nice bubble if you can get it.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’ve made peace with it.

America has voted for inflation, recession, gender fluidity, crime waves, defunding the police, proxy wars against Putin, and free crap for everyone.

If the GOP doesn’t embrace weed, diverse and young candidates, abortion, and weed. It’s over for them.

As a black conservative, I see zero hope for the GOP. DeSantis cannot save the GOP. This was the last hope. It’s back to the Obama years.
If they (conservatives) don't get the mail in voting issue fixed, you are right. Biden could run the economy completely into the ground by next election and most of his voters will faithfully push that D button again anyway.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:29 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Well here you go then. An American flag with Obama's face on it flying in New Jersey.

Mega Ultra Obama Supporters Flying Obama Flags - Disrespecting the American Flag
I would object to that, too.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:31 AM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
I know each side likes to say this that and the other, as they speak from emotion and always want to try to protect their side, but here is how things will work going forward and why.

The pandemic changed everything. How?

It provided the opportunity for people to re-evaluate their lives and for many, it allowed them to work remotely. What this has caused and will have effects going forward is it encouraged people to make life changes. Many independent people and especially right leaning people who once lived in bluesish states and no longer wanted to live in that type of environment decided to up and move out of that state and head south.

What is this creating?

It is segregating people into blue states and red states like never before. And where this makes a difference is in Congressional and Statewide seats. There will simply not be enough right leaning or Republican voters left in formerly blue or blueish states to capture what would have been Republicans seats in more moderate areas. We will see more and more blueish states having only Democrat governors. Where it really makes a national difference will be in Congress, as it will be harder to grab House and Senate seats each state has, when there are fewer right leaning people left in the state to vote. They will all go blue.

So what this means is plan on the "norm" being a Democrat President, a Democrat House and a Democrat Senate. Now there will be rare years where something happens and people are willing to vote for change, but the reality is Democrats will vote for absolutely anyone in their party regardless of who is better. It simply doesn't not matter. They will vote blue period. Republicans are not quite that bad, see anti-Trumpers, but they are not all that far behind.

So get used to Democrat rule. What cat you do?

Move to the best place your YOU and YOUR family. If you are a Democrat, live in a deep blue state. If you are a Republican, live in a deep red state. Find the place place for you, where LOCAL and STATE government policies are the best match for you. State and local policies in reality have much more effect on your life than do Federal.

From that point, the only real hope for two party government is for Republicans to pick very moderate Republican or even left leaning Republicans in blueish state district races, so as to try to once in a while get control of the House or Senate. The Senate should be the one of focus, as they are the ones in control of who gets on the SCOTUS, which has massive implications for all. Democrats want to push activists who want to totally abandon the constitution and Republicans will push constitutionalists.

Other than that, make peace with it. Life will go on. If you live in a great state, like I do in Florida, and live in a great part of that state, like I do in central Florida, life will still be fantastic. It's okay. Neither side will ever see eye to eye with each other. Unity is long dead. Move on. Forget about trying. Separate yourself from the other side.

LIVE YOUR LIFE!
You would do well in bondage. Spartacus, you are not.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:34 AM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes, the most worrying thing about Trump was his cult of personality and the blind loyalty he demanded which cascaded down to his followers.
Obama was different? Good grief!

He was the Messiah!

Old 11-13-2022, 06:34 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
New Jersey. Keyword is New Jersey. I have never seen that in the Atlanta area. I think the kind of. Obama supporters I saw in the Atlanta area were far different from anything in New Jersey.

Now, if you want to talk about Confederate flags, I saw plenty of those, specifically in the exurban counties at the periphery of the Atlanta area. Hardly ever saw them in Atlanta proper, or in the wealthier suburbs.
Hmm. Thought that might be in the part of NJ labeled on a satirical map of the state as "pretty much Alabama", but no. It's in "Crumbling Industry".

https://images.app.goo.gl/dodRZg5JJaJUnqKn7

Old 11-13-2022, 06:35 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
when Trump was elected there were 2 women in my office crying over it. i tried to console them by saying “everything will be fine, our system of checks and balances will….” before i was interrupted by one who screamed “IT WONT BE FINE FOR MINORITIES!!!”

she was white by the way. a little girl in my daughters school who was half Puerto Rican and half white told my daughter that when Trump was elected, he was going to deport her family. i could go on…the unhinged reactions and high emotions of our liberal friends was quite crazy.

more recently, my liberal sister had told me that if i or my daughters ever needed an abortion, she would open her home to me because i live in a red state
You have a wonderful sister.
I hope she opens her house to anyone who needs an abortion but lives in a red state.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:37 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
...add in the liberal bias of a lot of teachers, and the young who reach voting age will almost inevitably vote Democrat.

Basically White Republicans have let themselves slide into extinction. About the only hope for any Republicans is ...seriously... all the illegals who might see all the gender-fluidity garbage and free-reign Black strret crime, and say "we didn't walk over the border for this..."
"White" Republicans? Illegals need to be deported and they and their Hispanic-American ethnocentric voters will continue to vote Democrat for amnesty for them. They have a tribal mentality that trumps everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies