Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2022, 08:28 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When you refer to Black people as stupid, then that is insuling, period. And yes, as a Black person, I take that personally. I don't put up with anyone's crap
If you are black and vote for a racist, what would you call it?

I call it stupid.

If you are black and you have to deal with gang warfare, murders and crime in your city and keep voting in the same Democrat politicians who created the policies that make it all possible, what would you call it?

I call it stupid.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect different results.....well that is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
When someone brings up "handouts", what do you expect me to think?
First thing I think of are entitled WHITE liberals who want auto workers, nurses and plumbers to pay for the loan they took out so they could make a ton of money later.

Black never even entered my mind.

It appears the situation here is you have a massive chip on your shoulder and are extremely paranoid.

This may help. You are not a victim. Get over it. It is the YOUNG WHITE LIBERAL person who is screwing everything up.

I only stated blacks will always vote the same way and they are a small segment of the voter population, so Republicans would be better served to go after the larger Latino vote instead. Much better odds.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Just the same, America has ALWAYS been divided, politics, race, etc. It's not new at all. People vote for what they think is best for their in-group, and to counteract anyone else's vote. It's been this way for decades and decades. I don't see this changing.
It's one thing to have policy differences, like in the 80's & 90's. It something completely different in how Democrat treat Republicans and many of us Independents today.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:40 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Like I said, lefties are not big flag flyers. They posted the Obama logo instead. You can't focus just on "flag". Patriotic conservative are more of the flag flying types. Lefties are more likely to have the back of the Subaru completely covered in woke stickers. You can't judge by one medium - flags. That is why I specifically mentioned how I saw the Obama logo posted everywhere in California. Posters, stickers, emblems, and badges of the Obama sticker were equivalent to Trump flags. Same concept, different media.

I never saw a lot of Trump paraphernalia in California. Not the way I have seen it in Tennessee. Your location matters. I don't know where you are outside Texas, but your location matters. I was in Sacramento which used to be conservative and is no longer. Not many Trump flags were flying in Sacramento beside the random procession heading up to the foothills.
Oh, sorry, New Jersey. Thought I'd said that, but I didn't.

I never saw the big bedsheet-sized Trump flags for any other candidate, no matter what party. The kind people hang on their garage or fly from their boat.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:42 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
If you are black and vote for a racist, what would you call it?

I call it stupid.

If you are black and you have to deal with gang warfare, murders and crime in your city and keep voting in the same Democrat politicians who created the policies that make it all possible, what would you call it?

I call it stupid.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect different results.....well that is insane.
Trump is no better than Biden. Remember Trump and his very volatile ads calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5, before knowing whether they were guilty or innocent? Not only that, the person who actually did it confessed. Trump refused to apologize for his stupidity. Trump calling laziness "a trait of the Blacks". Trump talking about how he didn't want Blacks counting his money. And then Trump tweeting a racially charged tweet directed at Obama, in light of the Baltimore riot.

And during the Trump administration, 2018-2020, violent crime went up in several cities. By the way, crime is for the mayors and DAs to deal with, not the President.

Black Americans had to pick between a Democrat racist and a Republican racist.

By the way, there are more Blacks who don't live in gang-infested neighborhoods than do. I guess that you refuse to acknowledge that there is a Black middle-class, and Black middle-class persons vote more than poor Black people do.

I'm sick of individuals who act like they know Black people better than Black people know themselves.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:43 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's one thing to have policy differences, like in the 80's & 90's. It something completely different in how Democrat treat Republicans and many of us Independents today.
Be fair, or how Republicans treat Democrats. Both sides say ridiculous, over the top generalized accusations toward those they have been trained to believe are 'the enemy' right here on this forum.

It might be fun for a minute to do that on a message board, but in effect, it just causes people to roll their eyes and not take seriously any REAL issues or grievances anyone may have.

I was thinking, if a candidate came along and refrained from trashing their opponents but rather just clearly stated what their platform was and how they hoped to achieve it without having to do the name-calling of parties and people, I might vote for them just on that basis.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, sorry, New Jersey. Thought I'd said that, but I didn't.

I never saw the big bedsheet-sized Trump flags for any other candidate, no matter what party. The kind people hang on their garage or fly from their boat.
This is where those of you on the left mess up. You live in your own little world and if you don't experience something in that world, you assume no one else does anywhere.

Same issue with crime in New York. Rich white elites don't experience the crime, so they claim there is no meaningful crime. Just as AOC. She claimed that recently.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:46 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Trump is no better than Biden. Remember Trump and his very volatile ads calling for the death penalty for the Central Park 5, before knowing whether they were guilty or innocent? Not only that, the person who actually did it confessed. Trump refused to apologize for his stupidity. Trump calling laziness "a trait of the Blacks". Trump talking about how he didn't want Blacks counting his money. And then Trump tweeting a racially charged tweet directed at Obama, in light of the Baltimore riot.

And during the Trump administration, 2018-2020, violent crime went up in several cities. By the way, crime is for the mayors and DAs to deal with, not the President.

By the way, there are more Blacks who don't live in gang-infested neighborhoods than do. I guess that you refuse to acknowledge that there is a Black middle-class, and Black middle-class persons vote more than poor Black people do.

I'm sick of individuals who act like they know Black people better than Black people know themselves.
Or they could have voted third party to break up the 2 corrupt parties in DC.
But as they say...the lesser of two evils is still evil so you really didn't "win".

Old 11-13-2022, 08:47 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Or they could have voted third party to break up the 2 corrupt parties in DC.
But as they say...the lesser of two evils is still evil so you really didn't "win".
Very few Americans trust voting 3rd party. That's not stupidity. That's fear. I voted 3rd party in both 2016 and 2020.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:

As far as Trump and Biden go, I think both are vile people and think the best thing for the country is if both naturally expire very soon. Time for us to stop electing people from the geriatric wing.

Regarding the black issue you just brought up, you are making assumptions on what I think based on your own biased victim mentality.

We have many middle and upper class blacks in my community. We all enjoy each other, live together in harmony and are enjoying our best lives together. The trick is, they don't have the victim mentality and they are open minded. They have a much better life that way. Life is better when you don't have a chip on your shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies