Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2022, 11:55 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It is possible I have you confused and IF that is the case, I apologize.

Senior moments are coming at shorter and shorter intervals and lasting longer each time.
Tell me about it!

Old 11-13-2022, 11:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've never been a fan of Biden either. I know about his racist history. Biden tried to pull that okey-doke crap. The sad thing is, if you're not pro-Trump, you're going to be assumed as being pro-Biden. This is sadly the way things are. A person is viewed as being "pro-MAGA" or "pro-woke". The "it's MAGA or nothing" attitude is permeating many right-wing Americans.
Did you vote for Biden? If you did, you became pro Biden.

I was anti-Biden for being a devote racist, a pathological liar and a pervert who sexually assaulted his own children.

I could never ever vote for Biden under any circumstances at all. Never have, never will. It's sickening anyone would. That is pure party over everything else.

I was anti-Trump because he is a liar, a sexist, an ultra mega egomaniac and while the Republican policies were pretty good overall IMO, I knew Trump is for Trump, not for America.

I did not vote for Trump, but had a little regret for not holding my nose and doing it, after I saw how far left Biden and the Democrats went.

HOWEVER, after seeing how much more unhinged Trump is now and getting worse by the day, I will just vote 3rd party yet again if it is between the two.

If you vote for one or the other, you are giving your support to them. You (general you) can't have it both ways. If you vote for someone, you are pro someone, because you supported their campaign.

If Biden and Trump are the best this country can do, then y'all can have either one of them. Don't expect me to play along. I will be there to hold their feet to the fire, as well as those who voted for either one of them.

Y'all have choices in the primaries. MAKE BETTER CHOICES!!

First thing would be stop pulling candidates out of nursing homes to run. Maybe try someday in the 50's and then go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 11:56 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Spoken like a true tribal my side is better than your side minority Stephan. What you're failing to realize is that there is a bigger constitute of Independents that are not loyal to either side. We are the ones that decide elections. The tribal crap comes in when both sides try to convince you that the other side is evil and to be hated.

I don't think dividing red sates and blue states is the answer unless you also want blue states like New York to stop paying tax dollars to poorer red states? Maybe blue California with the biggest GDP in the United States and the largest sub national economy in the world should only support blue states? You'd like that would you?

Think about what that would do to poor red states. Division is not the answer. Good candidates from both side of the isle working together and pushing out the lunatic fringe is the answer. It is not us against them. It is the UNITED STATES of America. Stop this tribal garbage and learn to compromise. This crap is toxic.
YES! This is the message that needs to get out.

Old 11-13-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Tell me about it!
I was about to give a sincere apology to you in a rep point, but then it said I had to spread it around first.

That means I actually support what you have been posting, because I have been repping you. WTF????? How can my brain be so fried? I'm only in my 60's.....LOL!

Old 11-13-2022, 12:37 PM

1,698 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
You are wrong. It does matter. Referring to an entire race of people as "stupid" over who they vote for is disgusting. It's not being said out of truth and faith. The only reason anyone would say that is out of resentment and anger. It literally obscures the message.

If you believe that the only reason Blacks are voting for Democrats is for handouts, I can't blame this on ignorance. I don't see this as just pure ignorance. This is just stupidity. It's obvious you will not get it and you don't want to get it. I think you want to believe this is just about handouts. Black voter participation INCREASES with income levels. There are more Black middle class and upper middle class voters than poor Black voters. Middle class and upper middle class Black people aren't looking for handouts. They don't need welfare nor are they looking for it. To make such remarks is just dishonest.

Alot of Black people who do vote live in suburban areas. Alot of Black people don't live in the ghettos. More Black people live in suburban areas than ghettos. So this "if Blacks don't want their. streets cleaned" comment is just stupid. Not ignorant, stupid. Ignorant means not knowing. I expect you to know better. I would figure by this point, you would know there are more Blacks living in suburban areas than in the ghettos. I would think you would know that there are plenty of Black middle class voters living in suburban areas. I know this for a fact.

Something else. Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina, all of those states have high murder rates. All of those states are ran by Republicans. Even in the Democratic-ran cities, criminals still have a high chance of getting locked up. The South has some of the highest rates of imprisonment in the country. It hasn't done much good in terms of putting a dent in violent crime rates.

Something else. It doesn't matter who Blacks vote for, unless Blacks are the majority. Whoever is in charge is whoever is in charge. This is why I find it sad that we have so many people harping about Blacks voting Democrat at high numbers. Anyone who has an issue with the way Black Americans vote, do something about it other than complain. If you can't do anything about it, no use complaining.
Just to be clear I never said anything about blacks being “stupid” as you seem to insinuate. I don’t think that at all. I know several smart, elegant black people. I don’t know for sure, but I would say the majority do vote democrat but some don’t.

You listed all fair points about voting rates among black people based on income level etc, but you didn’t answer the primary question about why blacks vote democrat? From an “outsider” viewpoint, it doesn’t make sense other than a desire for handouts which the democrats always promise. The democrats are literally the party of the KKK. Republicans far more strongly supported immancipation and civil rights. At some point around te 1960s the democrats got smart and started playing the race card against the republicans and with most of the media being left wing, they have played along. You have leading democrats like Clinton and AOC and others “change their voice” and “talk down” to black when they speak with them. Republicans don’t do that because they are the party who (overall) think more highly of black people.

Outside of the race card the democrats play against republicans I see democrats not doing a darn thing for blacks outside of handouts. If there are other reason please enlighten me. I’m always open to learning.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
This country has always been deeply divided. I cannot find a time in American history (except for national tragedies) when America wasn't deeply divided. It's always been that way.

You could also say the same of those who voted Republican. They were scared of Democrats. Basically, both people on the right, the left,Black, White, etc, vote the way they do in order to counteract everyone else's vote. It's tribalism.
The same thing can’t be said about republicans because it isn’t the republicans who are shifting politically. The democrats are the one shifting and shifting far to the left. The country has always been divided but this is worst I have seen it in my lifetime and it starts with the left who continues to shift left. The s#it they are doing now is off the charts. The fact the bill Clinton would be considered a right winger by today’s democrats is all you need to know about how far left the left has gone.

Do you know any democrats who would vote for republicans? I don’t know a single one. They vote party ALWAYS. I know a few (not all) conservatives who would vote for democrats myself included. I have as recently as the 2020 election.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So then reap what you sow....neither party care about Americans as people.

Power, control and $$$ is what drives DC.
This might be the best post of the thread. Both parties are driven by power and greed not what is best for the country. The problem I have with current democrats is they have moved so far left. They openly hate the country and want to push all short of s sexual deviation on little kids. As an adult you can do whatever you want, I don’t care, but keep kids out of it. Let them be innocent as long as possible.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Just to be clear I never said anything about blacks being “stupid” as you seem to insinuate. I don’t think that at all. I know several smart, elegant black people. I don’t know for sure, but I would say the majority do vote democrat but some don’t.

You listed all fair points about voting rates among black people based on income level etc, but you didn’t answer the primary question about why blacks vote democrat? From an “outsider” viewpoint, it doesn’t make sense other than a desire for handouts which the democrats always promise. The democrats are literally the party of the KKK. Republicans far more strongly supported immancipation and civil rights. At some point around te 1960s the democrats got smart and started playing the race card against the republicans and with most of the media being left wing, they have played along. You have leading democrats like Clinton and AOC and others “change their voice” and “talk down” to black when they speak with them. Republicans don’t do that because they are the party who (overall) think more highly of black people.

Outside of the race card the democrats play against republicans I see democrats not doing a darn thing for blacks outside of handouts. If there are other reason please enlighten me. I’m always open to learning.
She told us upstream. She said she they are scared of Republicans.

They have been taught be fear change, to fear white people, to fear Republicans.

Who is teaching them these awful things?

1) Family members have passed down the fear based on truly awful things that really did happen in their past, but are not happening much now. Once you teach someone to be a lifetime victim, it becomes their reality.

2) Public education system which teaches them they are victims and need special help from the government. teach them young, while their brains are sucking in information.

3) The corporate sector, where there are special rules in place to help blacks make it...teaching them they can't do it own their own.

4) Democrat governments, which require blacks to never succeed too much so they will always be dependent on the same Democrat government to keep them above water. It guarantees votes.

They are now basically suffering from Stockholm Syndrome within the Democrat prison. They just can't see it.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:54 PM

11,491 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Spoken like a true tribal my side is better than your side minority Stephan. What you're failing to realize is that there is a bigger constitute of Independents that are not loyal to either side. We are the ones that decide elections. The tribal crap comes in when both sides try to convince you that the other side is evil and to be hated.

I don't think dividing red sates and blue states is the answer unless you also want blue states like New York to stop paying tax dollars to poorer red states? Maybe blue California with the biggest GDP in the United States and the largest sub national economy in the world should only support blue states? You'd like that would you?

Think about what that would do to poor red states. Division is not the answer. Good candidates from both side of the isle working together and pushing out the lunatic fringe is the answer. It is not us against them. It is the UNITED STATES of America. Stop this tribal garbage and learn to compromise. This crap is toxic.
I have already exlained why compromise is impossible.

Two people can't compromise when one says a fetus is not a living person, and the other says it is murdering a baby.

Two people can't compromise when one says gun ownership is a fundamental Constitutional right, and the other says guns must be banned to reduce murder and other crime.

Two people can't compromise when one says the government should compassionately buy everything for everybody who can't or wonto work, and the other says screw them unless they work.

Two people can't compromise when one says some boys should feel comfortable in dresses, play women's sports, and change in women's locker rooms, and the other says those boys need their head examined.

Two people can't compromise when one says student loans should be forgiven, and the other says honor your contracts.

There is no overlap. There is no basis for compromise. Compromise, how.

OK, here a question regarding compromise.

What should pro-choice people give up in compromise to pro-life people, regarding abortion?

Because I would suggest that there is nothing pro-choice people would give up in compromise on the issue. Am I wrong about that? If I am right about that, then how do we compromise when neither side can give up anything they want?

Old 11-13-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I have already exlained why compromise is impossible.

Two people can't compromise when one says a fetus is not a living person, and the other says it is murdering a baby.

Two people can't compromise when one says gun ownership is a fundamental Constitutional right, and the other says guns must be banned to reduce murder and other crime.

Two people can't compromise when one says the government should compassionately buy everything for everybody who can't or wonto work, and the other says screw them unless they work.

Two people can't compromise when one says some boys should feel comfortable in dresses, play women's sports, and change in women's locker rooms, and the other says those boys need their head examined.

Two people can't compromise when one says student loans should be forgiven, and the other says honor your contracts.

There is no overlap. There is no basis for compromise. Compromise, how.

OK, here a question regarding compromise.

What should pro-choice people give up in compromise to pro-life people, regarding abortion?

Because I would suggest that there is nothing pro-choice people would give up in compromise on the issue. Am I wrong about that? If I am right about that, then how do we compromise when neither side can give up anything they want?
Post of the year!

I can't wait to see the answer to the blue bolded question. I'm willing to bet there will be no responses from the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies