Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 02:36 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Well in Florida, we have 67 counties. 62 of them went Red, including formally heavily Democrat ones. This is the shift I was talking about. Red voters moved in, making Florida deep red now.
254 Counties in Texas - 17 are Blue. Democrats hold 12 seats now in the US House, 24 Republicans.
There was prior to this election - 83 Red, 65 Blue in the .Texas house. The Red has increased, just as several Blue Counties went from Blue to Red. I’m always nervous when the total is lopsided in Texas, contrary to public perception - our Texas Legislature tends to be almost evenly divided and they manage to work together in the 140 Days every other year they get the opportunity to do so.

I’ve said for years on this Forum — where you live is important and likely to become more important.
Florida is a well run State, with a lot of resources. So is Texas.

Texas has a big advantage over all other States - Energy.
Actually, most States on the Gulf Coast have an advantage. Deep ports and oil/gas/refineries.

Not just the Oil, Natural Gas, Wind Farms , Nuclear, Solar and the huge Refining capacity — but a Grid that the Feds can’t grab and redistribute to powerless States. Our National Grid (Eastern Connection & Western Connection) is in very, very poor shape. These idiot Leftists have voted themselves into a situation like Europe is facing now. Rationed Compressed gas (propane), certain States ( like most of Massachusetts) have to rely on imported LNG from the Mid East(liquid Natural Gas) for 80% of their electric power. Heating oil has doubled in price and it’s bring rationed. An extended harsh Cold period is going to be miserable for those who refused pipelines. Closing Coal Power plants and Nuclear plants will make it even worse.

Where you live and how well you are prepared is important.
I seriously see a divorce in our Future — like a totally broken marriage with irreconcilable differences, with some abuse thrown in for good measure to twist the screw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 02:44 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
what i find interesting is there is no diversity of thought among democrats. you never hear democrats criticizing other democrats. republicans on the other hand are constantly at war with one another from the establishment to the tea party to maga.
Not true.

Old 11-12-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But did they vote against him?
Not in the Presidential election because Biden WAS the "against" vote.

C'mon, Democrats on this very forum have said over and over that they didn't particularly want Biden in the primaries but they knew he was the only one enough people could get behind to take Trump out.

I haven't liked him since he was VP. I would have chosen Amy Klobuchar.

Old 11-12-2022, 02:51 PM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not true.
Actually, I think it is pretty much true. Any dem that dares commit heresy against an anointed dem leader is immediately canceled.

On the other hand, as a more libertarian/conservative minded person, I can tell you that I think there are a LOT of republicans that suck. And if my saying that is going to get me canceled, then I guess I didn't want to be on that team after all.

BUT... I don't get canceled... mainly because there is still open dialog allowed on the right side of the isle. Now I will conjecture that may be bad for winning elections. But, that's not all it is about for me. I don't really care which letter is by the name, only about the philosophies and history of the candidate. And since I am diametrically opposed to nearly every philosophy spewed by the left, I tend to be lumped with the right.

Old 11-12-2022, 02:55 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,782,857 times
Trump lost the popular vote twice,under his leadership the gop lost the house and senate. Historically the gop should have gained both houses this midterm but so many Americans despise trump along with dobbs the republicans underperformed.
The MAGA base is less than a third of the population and the rest of Americans think they are cult member conspiracy Theorists and most women believe they want to oppress women.
Good luck with that

Last edited by ssmaster; 11-12-2022 at 03:10 PM..

Old 11-12-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actually, I think it is pretty much true. Any dem that dares commit heresy against an anointed dem leader is immediately canceled.

On the other hand, as a more libertarian/conservative minded person, I can tell you that I think there are a LOT of republicans that suck. And if my saying that is going to get me canceled, then I guess I didn't want to be on that team after all.

BUT... I don't get canceled... mainly because there is still open dialog allowed on the right side of the isle. Now I will conjecture that may be bad for winning elections. But, that's not all it is about for me. I don't really care which letter is by the name, only about the philosophies and history of the candidate. And since I am diametrically opposed to nearly every philosophy spewed by the left, I tend to be lumped with the right.
Most people I know are like me. Not strictly one way or another down the party line. THIS forum attracts those types, but that's not real life for most people i know.

Not that I don't know ANY extremists from both sides, lol. I do. You find them scattered everywhere.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:01 PM

7,324 posts, read 3,513,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not true.
okay, enlighten me. what is your major complaint about the democrats?

Old 11-12-2022, 03:04 PM

72,967 posts, read 62,547,130 times
This sounds correct in theory. However, it doesn't take into account certain factors. Race is a big factor. Most of the conservatives moving to other conservative states are White. Most of the liberals moving to other liberal states are White. There are certainly conservative Hispanic persons moving to Florida.

However, I don't see many Black people moving to other states simply because the governor of their state is of a certain political party. Georgia has a Republican governor. It's had Republican governors since 2002. It isn't stopping Black people from moving to Georgia. Instead, Black people are moving to Georgia in droves and slowly changing its political climate. Brian Kemp may have won the 2018 gubernatorial race. However, it was by less than 2 percentage points. It was a VERY CLOSE RACE. 75% of White Georgians voted for Brian Kemp. 93% of Black Georgians voted for Stacey Abrams. Blacks are 32-33 percent of Georgia's population. The White population has dropped from 70 percent in 1990 to 51 percent in 2020.

Alot of White liberals are moving to states like Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. Alot of White conservatives are moving to Idaho, Florida, and Texas. Blacks of either political slant, well, these are the top 10 states Blacks with the highest net migrations gains between 2015 and 2020........
Georgia
Florida
North Carolina
Texas
Arizona
Nevada
Washington
Maryland
Pennsylvania
Kentucky

Most Blacks vote Democrat. It isn't stopping a migration of Black Americans going to the South, where the Republican Party has been holding power. It isn't stopping Blacks from moving to Arizona, which, until recently, was a major conservative bastion. Same goes for Blacks moving to Texas.

While the theory certain holds water, it doesn't hold water for everyone. Most certainly not Black people. I moved from a conservative state to an even more conservative state. Political affiliation had nothing to do with it. I needed a better paying job than what I had. I took it and went where I could make the money. I moved BEFORE the pandemic started. I don't have any respect for most of the politicians where I live.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:05 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

At the risk of being cancelled, I don’t think Biden is a good president. Imo, he is adequate- C-.
Maybe even aD+. Now if that gets me cancelled so be it.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:09 PM

72,967 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah…didn’t see that with Obama. Many called out how he merely continued Bush policies and drone strikes and how he squandered a Democrat majority. Didn’t have people toting around giant Obama flags.
I voted for Obama twice. I never had anything with Obama's name on it. Then again, I don't have any banners propping up ANY politician. I just vote for who I vote for and move on. I don't have any bumper stickers noting the candidate I support. No shirts, no banners, nothing. One reason I find Trump flags to be very annoying. There is literally nothing in my home than denotes politics. Well, almost nothing. I have a U.S. flag in my apartment. It's a small one, but I have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies