Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2022, 06:32 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
At least they were quiet, compared to how the Democrats acted after the 2016 election.
They were in shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 06:41 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Well that's what I'm saying. Just because one person never saw it in their area, doesn't mean that there are not a bunch of Democrat nutbags who are over the top loyalists with their candidates, just like the crazies on the right who are over the top for the orange goof.

Both sides have a lot of irrational people.

Sometimes it's hard to be an independent, because it gets frustrating seeing one side calling the other side idiotic, but they can't see the idiotic stuff on their own side. Some people really think everything is one sided.
I know both sides have alot of irrational people. This is why I've voted for 3rd party candidates in the 2016 and 2020 Presidential elections.

Living in major metropolitan area in the South has exposed me to a peculiar political and social temperament. Now I live in the Huntsville area. Another different temperament. The South doesn't operate like the Northeastern region operates.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
How much did Kemp beat Abrams by this time with the demographic shift you highlighted?
It was a larger margin. However, the same demographic rules apply. 90% of the Black vote went to Stacey Abrams. 74% of the White vote went to Brian Kemp. Whites were 62% of the voters in both elections. The Black voter turnout dropped, mainly among the men. Blacks were 30% of the voters in 2018, 28% in 2022.

As I was saying before, politics is mainly a major role among White people moving to other states. For Black Americans, that is often not the case.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Depends on if you are observing the real world, the politics world, or the news world. Do you realize many Dems don't like Biden? That doesn't scream consensus.
But what % of Dems voted for Biden? What % in 2022 voted for Dem candidates? That's the definition of "many", not some odd anonymous proclamation on the internet.

Hey, Oz and several others were "flawed candidates", and against a "Sack of Potatoes colored blue with a D by their name" would have lost. Because they did.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
And why this posters assessments of how and why people vote are often off.
Yeah, you have to get out there and talk and be friends with all kinds of people from all different backgrounds from all different parts of the country.

It doesn’t have to be adversarial - usually it’s enlightening.
I can say from personal experience, sw Florida residents have a unique perspective that often pings around in a an echo chamber. It attracts a definite demographic. It a easy and good life for most in that part of the state.
I've been around different people of different backgrounds. That is one thing college did for me (among many things).

I've never been to Florida. I understand Florida the way a geographer would understand Florida. I have my theories, but I don't understand Florida the way a resident of Florida would. I have read and studied about Florida but I have never been to Florida.

SW Florida is where Deion Sanders is from (Ft Myers). Alot of baseball teams hold spring training there. Cape Coral is down there. I notice this. While many Blacks are moving to Florida, they aren't picking SW Florida as a place to live. In fact, Sarasota and DeSoto counties are losing Black people (the group most likely to vote Democrat). To me, it's about who ISN'T moving to SW Florida in large numbers that is making the difference.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:51 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Anything north of an F- is way too generous. Just about everything has gone to absolute hell on Biden's watch.
On that we disagree.
He has not been a total disaster imho.
Maybe I’m older and more tolerant than you.
The country still stands. Most people I know are safe, employed and warm. Still spending and enjoying a nice life. And most are actually happy and feel that their future is secure. The kids are ok.

I realize not everyone feels they way but I travel a whole lot and talk to so many people from different walks of life and circumstances and that is definitely the impression I’m getting from most of the country. Sure, things could be better, but on balance, most are pretty darn happy with how they are doing and how they think their future will be.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been around different people of different backgrounds. That is one thing college did for me (among many things).

I've never been to Florida. I understand Florida the way a geographer would understand Florida. I have my theories, but I don't understand Florida the way a resident of Florida would. I have read and studied about Florida but I have never been to Florida.

SW Florida is where Deion Sanders is from (Ft Myers). Alot of baseball teams hold spring training there. Cape Coral is down there. I notice this. While many Blacks are moving to Florida, they aren't picking SW Florida as a place to live. In fact, Sarasota and DeSoto counties are losing Black people (the group most likely to vote Democrat). To me, it's about who ISN'T moving to SW Florida in large numbers that is making the difference.
It is not welcoming to minorities. It is what it is.
Residents tend to be fearful imho. They do not embrace difference. I have spent at least 2-3 months there every year.
Not this year. I’m done.
But it definitely has much to like and I understand why it’s popular.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Those people up there in the northeast will deserve every bit of the high prices, running out of oil and freezing inside at times. They voted for it in every election and deserve to experience their voting results good and hard.

I don't not feel the least bit sorry for them.
Nobody really “deserves “ bring without power or heat in the winter.
I agree, hard to feel sorry for them getting exactly what they wanted.
Bottom Line — not my problem when they get what they desperately wanted.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Nobody really “deserves “ bring without power or heat in the winter.
I agree, hard to feel sorry for them getting exactly what they wanted.
Bottom Line — not my problem when they get what they desperately wanted.
They really really really will be ok.
Not to worry.
There will be heat and power available this winter to those in northern blue states.
I’m willing to bet on it.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:12 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They were in shock.
Democrats were screaming, crying, yelling, attacking, burning, destroying and claiming they were going to flee to Canada.

It's all still up on Youtube if you want to see it. Kinda silly to get that upset over election outcomes either way.

Just live where they do things the way you like and life will be good.

Red go to the red corner and blue go to the blue corner. Easy peasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies