Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2022, 04:03 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I agree 100 % that republicans will not see power again. Republicans are weak and don't fight back. They sit back and just accept the way the Dems are.

We don't protest. Dems are mean, vicious, constantly lie and cheat. They are the biggest hypocrites, spin their narrative. They have tech, FBI, justice dept, msm, etc on their side. After the way this country is in horrible shape and they still win there is absolutely no way the repubs will ever win again..We are too nice and we just don't have that evil in us that the Dems have.

So repubs, buckle up and enjoy no more freedom and nothing but dictatorship. Why care or even think about Trump or Desantis because neither can win on 2024. The left have taken over and I agree that we're going to have to accept it. No more make America great again hopes. From here on out it's all about taking our freedoms away and destroying America and the worst has yet to come. Evil has prevailed.
They will get in again but it’ll have to be with moderate Rhino type candidates which just doesn’t work because people like Romney and Bush are basically democrats

Old 11-13-2022, 04:23 AM

608 posts, read 239,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I agree 100 % that republicans will not see power again. Republicans are weak and don't fight back. They sit back and just accept the way the Dems are.

We don't protest. Dems are mean, vicious, constantly lie and cheat. They are the biggest hypocrites, spin their narrative. They have tech, FBI, justice dept, msm, etc on their side. After the way this country is in horrible shape and they still win there is absolutely no way the repubs will ever win again..We are too nice and we just don't have that evil in us that the Dems have.

So repubs, buckle up and enjoy no more freedom and nothing but dictatorship. Why care or even think about Trump or Desantis because neither can win on 2024. The left have taken over and I agree that we're going to have to accept it. No more make America great again hopes. From here on out it's all about taking our freedoms away and destroying America and the worst has yet to come. Evil has prevailed.
Republicans don't fight back hard enough.

Blacks riot and burn several neighborhoods each across dozens of cities because 2 or 3 criminals got killed and it's called mostly peaceful protests, any cop that tried to do anything about it got fired, anybody that called the riots what they actually were, riots, lost their job, no charges were filed, and BLM Democrat sympathizers basically get away with all the street crime they want, and the cherry on top is they get a new federal holiday out of it.

Terrorism works.

Meanwhile, an election that was an obvious scam, and what do Republicans do? Send in maybe a few thousand guys, no guns one time, the studiously play by the rules with a deck that is clearly stacked against them. If Whites in the 1760s were like Whites today America as a nation would not even exist! If January 6th was as hard as Republicans can go, then Democrats are all still laughing saying, "You call -that- a riot?"

January 6th wasn't an atrocity because it was violent, it was an atrocity because it was a dissapointment.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:35 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Young voter turnout stops the red wave and even millions more blue voters reaching voting age within 2 years
They will never win anything again dan.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:54 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
A lot of overly negative posts about young people in this thread. Most of those comments deserve no reply other than "okay boomer". Is it any wonder why younger generations have no time for the overly negative nonsense that is liberally laced with religious babble? The GOP has the sex appeal of Larry Kudlow. Republicans lost because young people are stupid. Lol

The more I read this forum the more I gained some insights into the brain of the right. It is one of the only places that allow such far right opinions. While that is a good thing some of it is just plain nuts. It makes me realize that although I am not some left wing fringe type I am just as far away from the nuttiness of the conservative right at least socially.

The new logic seems to be, we lost because everybody else is so stupid. There is a glaring lack of awareness. Stop blaming young people for the problems you created.

Last edited by lookingaround12345; 11-13-2022 at 05:12 AM..

Old 11-13-2022, 05:06 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
A lot of overly negative posts about young people in this thread. Most of those comments deserve no reply other than "okay boomer". Is it any wonder why younger generations have no time for the overly negative nonsense that is liberally laced with religious babble? The GOP has the sex appeal of Larry Kudlow. Republicans list because young people are stupid. Lol

The more I read this forum the more I gained some insights into the brain of the right. It is one of the only places that allow such far right opinions. While that is a good thing some of it is just plain nuts. It makes me realize that although I am not some left wing fringe type I am just as far away from the nuttiness of the conservative right at least socially.

The new logic seems to be, we lost because everybody else is so stupid. There is a glaring lack of awareness. Stop blaming young people for the problems you created.
Very well said. The GOP brought this on themselves. This election showed one thing: the election deniers are not the future of the party, the voters have shown that they are tired of all the lies and want to return to normal. It's about time, I've too have grown tired of all the crazy talk.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-13-2022 at 05:48 AM..

Old 11-13-2022, 05:07 AM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
A lot of overly negative posts about young people in this thread. Most of those comments deserve no reply other than "okay boomer". Is it any wonder why younger generations have no time for the overly negative nonsense that is liberally laced with religious babble? The GOP has the sex appeal of Larry Kudlow. Republicans list because young people are stupid. Lol

i consider myself to be relatively young still and disagree with the left and the right. one party over the other is not going to solve any of your perceived problems. the biggest problem as i see it and it is backed up by both liberals and conservatives overwhelmingly high disapproval rate of congress tells me this (and i think we on both sides can both agree) that

- there is too much dark money in politics
- campaigns should not cost millions of dollars
- the person with the most money isn’t necessarily the best choice
- term limits are an issue
- lobbying is an issue
- career politicians are an issue

we have the power to shake things up for change. i suggest starting by voting in the primary for the underdog both on left and right and vote out incumbents often. if enough people did that, it would certainly shake up the process and everything listed above.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:11 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No, it's not. Really. There are a lot of things you could've said there, and you chose the most meaningless thing to voters that you could've. Nobody cares about January 6. Seriously. Get over your obsession.
This is most certainly not true. Only Trump diehards have this attitude. The rest of the country, as well as the entire world, saw January 6th for what it was. A pretty big deal and an attack on our democracy. And it sure didn't help you on election day.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-13-2022 at 05:31 AM..

Old 11-13-2022, 05:13 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,571 times
Political parties evolve and they can appeal to new groups as the parties change. I don’t foresee Democrats ever having complete control although maybe we’ll have another period like 1932-1968 when Democrats dominated.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:18 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i consider myself to be relatively young still and disagree with the left and the right. one party over the other is not going to solve any of your perceived problems. the biggest problem as i see it and it is backed up by both liberals and conservatives overwhelmingly high disapproval rate of congress tells me this (and i think we on both sides can both agree) that

- there is too much dark money in politics
- campaigns should not cost millions of dollars
- the person with the most money isn’t necessarily the best choice
- term limits are an issue
- lobbying is an issue
- career politicians are an issue

we have the power to shake things up for change. i suggest starting by voting in the primary for the underdog both on left and right and vote out incumbents often. if enough people did that, it would certainly shake up the process and everything listed above.
If one party over the other isn't a good strategy I don't think arbitrarily voting for the underdog is the way to go. Much of the time the under dog is that way because they are nutcases.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:20 AM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
If one party over the other isn't a good strategy I don't think arbitrarily voting for the underdog is the way to go. Much of the time the under dog is that way because they are nutcases.
well then there you have it, keep doing the same thing and expect different results. i think there is a definition for that

the establishment political class serves their own interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies