Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2022, 02:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Thank you although it isn't a competition for me.
Just want people to be honest about the good and the bad.
Florida has lots and lots going for it.
And there is lots and lots that just doesn't seem so great to me.
Others may disagree but that is why we have forums like this
Florida has not had an affordability issue until recently - this is a problem now - not huge (its not the bay area or los angeles) but it is there. The philosophy of small govt will not help because the govt doesn't want to intervene.
Healthcare and poor health of the population is also an issue. Seems like posters here are just fine with what they are getting. Ok fine, be happy. Having lived in many places the difference is striking. If its ok with the voters then sure, wait weeks for an appt and then sit in an overcrowded waiting room. You guys do you.
However don't think there is a whole big country out there that does other things better.
If you think your the best all the time, you never improve.
The affordability issue is due to poorly run Dem states and folks leaving them for greener pastures, so the powers that be and those that enabled the powers that be are to be thanked.

Depending on what one wants an appointment for, it can be a weeks and months wait in so many other areas than Florida, and if the waiting room is too crowded it’s easy enough to step outside and let the receptionist know the reason.

There’s a lot of the whole big country doing things worse/not as well, which is why Florida has become sOOO popular and continues to do so. For those that aren’t happy with an area and the direction it’s heading should move and find themselves greener pastures, especially if they’ve already lived in other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2022, 02:51 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The affordability issue is due to poorly run Dem states and folks leaving them for greener pastures, so the powers that be and those that enabled the powers that be are to be thanked.

Depending on what one wants an appointment for, it can be a weeks and months wait in so many other areas than Florida, and if the waiting room is too crowded it’s easy enough to step outside and let the receptionist know the reason.

There’s a lot of the whole big country doing things worse/not as well, which is why Florida has become sOOO popular and continues to do so. For those that aren’t happy with an area and the direction it’s heading should move and find themselves greener pastures, especially if they’ve already lived in other places.
It seems like you have found your happy place.
Can't improve upon perfect.
good for you

Old 11-14-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
It seems like you have found your happy place.
Can't improve upon perfect.
good for you
We love it here. We’re from a poorly run Dem state that folks have left in droves so we speak from experience. Lots of alternative areas though for folks that don’t, especially areas where folks have left in droves that aren’t nearly as crowded as they once were. Though as to affordability, skyrocketing Bidenflation has certainly contributed greatly to all areas.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:28 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:
Lol at bad stuff about Florida, and one of the least obese states in the country.

Still waiting for you to give locations of scary streets and bus stops you’ve experienced?
I supplied links of many dangerous roads in Florida. You just don’t care to read the sources that I posted in an earlier comment that shows that Florida has a disproportionate amount of the nation’s most dangerous roads. One I’ve experienced myself is route 27 just outside of Davenport. Crappy bus stops there too, they design them in a way that makes me think they hate people who take public transportation.

I really hope that Florida can improve upon this. It has the potential to be a really great state.

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 11-14-2022 at 05:49 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 05:40 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:

Quote:
We love it here. We’re from a poorly run Dem state that folks have left in droves so we speak from experience. Lots of alternative areas though for folks that don’t, especially areas where folks have left in droves that aren’t nearly as crowded as they once were. Though as to affordability, skyrocketing Bidenflation has certainly contributed greatly to all areas.
Wow you really have a way with moving those goalposts while accusing others of moving them.

Maybe Florida has too much red tape halting the home construction process? They can’t let the free market handle the supply of housing there without getting in their way? Why does the government there interfere with housing so that the price of houses better corresponds with the average wage.

That is what was said about Dem areas a few years back.

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 11-14-2022 at 05:48 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 05:46 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Nobody said otherwise, however, in this case, poorly run Dem states have caused a hUUUge amount of folks to move here which has caused prices to go up. Poor voting and decision making has consequences and folks reap what they sow. Blame the powers that be in those states and the folks that voted for them.
Not to mention the millions of illegal aliens and asylum seekers that Biden has allowed into our country the past two years. That's make affordable housing less attainable among other negative impacts that they have on our society.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:49 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not to mention the millions of illegal aliens and asylum seekers that Biden has allowed into our country the past two years. That's make affordable housing less attainable among other negative impacts that they have on our society.
you bet.....throw a couple million low incomes....at low income housing

...and sit back and watch

here's a novel idea....don't let millions of low wage earners into the country.....and then complain about lack of low income housing

Old 11-14-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I supplied links of many dangerous roads in Florida. You just don’t care to read the sources that I posted in an earlier comment that shows that Florida has a disproportionate amount of the nation’s most dangerous roads. One I’ve experienced myself is route 27 just outside of Davenport. Crappy bus stops there too, they design them in a way that makes me think they hate people who take public transportation.

I really hope that Florida can improve upon this. It has the potential to be a really great state.
Gasp. One supposed place and others you found on the internet. It’s obvious you’ve spent little to no time here, but it’s definitely too scary for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Wow you really have a way with moving those goalposts while accusing others of moving them.

Maybe Florida has too much red tape halting the home construction process? They can’t let the free market handle the supply of housing there without getting in their way? Why does the government there interfere with housing so that the price of houses better corresponds with the average wage.

That is what was said about Dem areas a few years back.
I haven’t moved anything. Folks leaving poorly run Dem states has raised prices in Florida, which is great by us.

LMAO. It’s supply and demand, but when has red tape halted the construction process here, and the government interfering with housing so that the price of houses better corresponds to the average wage, and please be specific?

Quote:
Bingo…and these folks that support it are reaping what they’ve sown.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-14-2022 at 06:26 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Bingo…and these folks that support it are reaping what they’ve sown.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:12 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Gasp. One supposed place and others you found on the internet. It’s obvious you’ve spent little to no time here, but it’s definitely too scary for you.
You and I are on the same team, Erie, but I'm gonna have to go with Ecko on this one. I grew up in South Florida. I started riding the bus when I was 15 years old and did it multiple times weekly until I moved away when I was 18. Transit was definitely an afterthought. I lived on a main route, what was generally considered to be the third most-important line in the entire system, but it ran only once an hour, during daytime hours only, Monday through Saturday. Bus stops were . . . well, not the worst I've seen, but not all that great either. Some of them were "luxurious" enough to even have a bench. But for the most part, you simply stood there, a few feet away from the traffic zipping by, until your once-an-hour bus finally showed up.

Granted, this was in the 1980s. Maybe it's better now. But unless you are a regular transit rider yourself, you simply don't know what it's like.

(If anyone remembers Palm Beach County in the 1980s, the bus route I rode was CoTran's Route 1-S. What I believe would be the most important routes were Route 1-C, then Route 4, then 1-S. I do know that they had a big expansion when they changed the name to Palm Tran, but I don't know if they upgraded many of the stops or not.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies