Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 10:30 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times

Advertisements

would they have won the Senate/already won the House?

Lots of dead COVID deniers . . . the majority of whom were Republicans . . .

Old 11-12-2022, 10:38 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
if Republicans would have worn masks . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post

It isn't talked about much but this argument has a lot of merit. It certainly could have impacted close races.

The whole Covid denial/anti masking/anti-vaxxing conspiracy theory nonsense cost a lot of lives, and Republicans who love Trump were particularly vulnerable.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:41 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:

I’m curious. Do you know if there is any research that verifies this? I’m not suggesting it is wrong, just wondering if anyone has attempted to quantify and validate this.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
I don't think that really has anything to do with it.

Didn't seem to make it in the top 5 or even the top 10 of any voter concerns lists.

Apparently lots of "anything but Trump" voters out there still who would rather cut their noses off to spite their face than vote the garbage (D&R) out of the house and senate.

Also, a lot of folks (I read the "why did you vote democrat" thread) just really believe anything they are told by their party & don't lift a finger to find out info on their own. Just as low-info as the ones taken for a ride and voted D because the dementia patient in the oval promised them $10K off their school loans and those who actually believed a 10 year old girl could not have gotten an abortion in the state she lived in.
not
But hey...no diesel fuel, the ridiculously high cost of everything at the grocery store, supply shortages - Biden is just soooooo much better than "mean tweets".

Last edited by Informed Info; 11-12-2022 at 11:32 PM..

Old 11-12-2022, 10:54 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

But hey...no diesel fuel, the ridiculously high cost of everything at the grocery store, supply shortages - Biden is just soooooo much better than "mean tweets".
I like your handle, but your post does not reflect it.

We have not run out of diesel fuel and are not in danger of running out, Tucker Carlson's writers gave him that lie to recite. That you fell for it (and repeated it here) says a lot about you.

Inflation is a worldwide problem. Do you see Germany blaming Biden for it? ... Myanmar? ... Peru? It is a global issue driven mostly by price gouging corporations. Large international corporations, especially in the energy sector, are making record windfall profits.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:01 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
if Republicans would have worn masks . . .

It isn't talked about much but this argument has a lot of merit. It certainly could have impacted close races.

The whole Covid denial/anti masking/anti-vaxxing conspiracy theory nonsense cost a lot of lives, and Republicans who love Trump were particularly vulnerable.
The usual hysterical assertions.

The usual complete lack of proof or support for them.

(yawn)

Old 11-12-2022, 11:02 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Wonder how many dead Americans were Republican voters?

Old 11-12-2022, 11:19 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m curious. Do you know if there is any research that verifies this? I’m not suggesting it is wrong, just wondering if anyone has attempted to quantify and validate this.
I just thought about it tonight - - was truly a question. Maybe somebody studies it here in the aftermath - - probably too early to know at the moment. Some of these races are really close, though.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I don't think that really has anything to do with it.

Didn't seem to make it in the top 5 or even the top 10 of any voter concerns lists.

Apparently lots of "anything but Trump" voters out there still who would rather cut their noses off to spite their face than vote the garbage (D&R) out of the house and senate.

Also, a lot of folks (I read the "why did you vote democrat" thread) just really believe anything they are told by their party & don't lift a finger to find out info on their own. Just as low-info as the ones taken for a ride and voted D because the dementia patient in the oval promised them $10K off their school loans and those who actually believed a 10 year old girl could have gotten an abortion in the state she lived in.

It is amazing how different people can all observe the last 6 years and walk away with completely different perspectives of what happened, why it happened, what it portrays for the future, etc.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I just thought about it tonight - - was truly a question. Maybe somebody studies it here in the aftermath - - probably too early to know at the moment. Some of these races are really close, though.
I wouldn’t dismiss your hypothesis that more R’s than D’s died during the pandemic (I don’t know if it’s true, but I certainly think it is possible), and as close as some of the elections are, I could imagine that it could have resulted in different outcomes in some of the races. I think it would be a pretty interesting research project to try and cobble together data and assess your idea. I’ll leave it to smarter people to take a crack at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies