Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 06:34 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times

Advertisements

With only 7 seats needed to turn Congress into a Republican majority, it’s clear that with nearly two dozen seats, many are leaning heavily Republican, and with enough margin to predict wins.

Colorado has two, one of which will be red. New York has one seat left, which again has a large red lead along with at least. At least 1 seat in Arizona has a large red lead. And at least 5 seats in California. Yes over 5 races in California have Republican leads, some of which are significant.

That’s at least 8 seats, could be more. Pelosi’s gavel will once again have red stickers. Question for this thread is, will the new majority Republican House Speaker rip up Biden’s state of the union transcript? What if Republicans don’t invite Biden in and other Pelosi-isms? For any deniers on this outcome, this is why democrats went on the Babylon Bee and recommended Liz as the house leader, despite her big loss (trouncing) in the primary.

It will certainly be an interesting next two years with Republicans running the House.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:49 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Not sure why some seats haven’t been called. The NY race is gonna go GOP for sure. Boebert in all likelihood has won too as the outstanding vote is mostly in red areas. Likewise there should be 2-3 obvious Dem wins that haven’t been called yet. CNN has 20 as tossup but reality is only 13-14 still are

Old 11-13-2022, 07:32 AM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
I will believe it when it’s over but not till then. More ballots might be found like the ones that were tossed somewhere in CA mountains. Might find some large amounts in obscure places. At this late date, Americans still don’t have results? That’s messed up.
If Rs take the house, there will be just a few who can be bribed, blackmailed or threatened and will act and vote like democrats.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I will believe it when it’s over but not till then. More ballots might be found like the ones that were tossed somewhere in CA mountains. Might find some large amounts in obscure places. At this late date, Americans still don’t have results? That’s messed up.
If Rs take the house, there will be just a few who can be bribed, blackmailed or threatened and will act and vote like democrats.
The inability to accept defeat fair and square, and respectably, is likely a deciding factor that made Independents reject the Rs this go-round.

Claiming fraud where there is none, is extremely unattractive and off-putting.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:42 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The inability to accept defeat fair and square, and respectably, is likely a deciding factor that made Independents reject the Rs this go-round.

Not sure what you’re looking at but republicans won independents handily on exit polls in most jurisdictions. The turnout among normally non voting or rarely off cycle voting Dems is what made the difference

Old 11-13-2022, 07:44 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Not sure what you’re looking at but republicans won independents handily on exit polls in most jurisdictions. The turnout among normally non voting or rarely off cycle voting Dems is what made the difference
Exit polls isn't the same as actual ballot counts.

I'm going by a very fabulous Megyn Kelly show, where she was pleading on Thursday for answers to why the Independents didn't swing red as expected.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:54 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
I’m on the edge of my seat until this is all over.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:58 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Give me a break.

Voting fraud is a standard, cherished practice among dems.

The good thing about the dems and election fraud is that such behavior will hasten secession among the sane states so that we can finally be shed of the liberal loons.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
With only 7 seats needed to turn Congress into a Republican majority, it’s clear that with nearly two dozen seats, many are leaning heavily Republican, and with enough margin to predict wins.

Colorado has two, one of which will be red. New York has one seat left, which again has a large red lead along with at least. At least 1 seat in Arizona has a large red lead. And at least 5 seats in California. Yes over 5 races in California have Republican leads, some of which are significant.

That’s at least 8 seats, could be more. Pelosi’s gavel will once again have red stickers. Question for this thread is, will the new majority Republican House Speaker rip up Biden’s state of the union transcript? What if Republicans don’t invite Biden in and other Pelosi-isms? For any deniers on this outcome, this is why democrats went on the Babylon Bee and recommended Liz as the house leader, despite her big loss (trouncing) in the primary.

It will certainly be an interesting next two years with Republicans running the House.
16 uncalled races, Dems lead in 9 of them.

Best guess right now, We end up with a 220-215 R majority

Thats not a functioning majority for R's . Its going to hurt them in 2024 because some districts are going to be redrawn anyways. NC, Ohio, Alabama, Louisiana. Probably New York, and depending on the Louisiana ruling, Texas and Georgia.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:00 AM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:

I don’t know what you’re implying but it’s a bad look.
There were tossed ballots found in CA mountains. Fact.
Let’s see. I am stating a fact, and you see it as “claiming voter fraud”?
sure, lady. Whatever you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies