Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 04:03 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
OP I'm stunned by your post.

I don't agree with about 80% of what you said but I'm encouraged that the MAGA crowd tide is actually starting to turn. Honestly I'd lost hope of it ever happening. I feel like you've all been in a trance for 6 years.
There is nothing wrong with the MAGA platform as far as stances

1 Secure the border , without borders a nation doesn't exist
2 Implement trade policy that benefits the U.S.A first and foremost
3 Maintain the hierarchy that teachers work for parents first and for the democratic party last
4 maintain a strong military but don't get involved in every thing that is not direct to U.S interests
5 Direct back to the original intent that government works for the people, not the other way around
6 Direct back to allegiance to nationalism first instead of allegiance to globalism first

Since when are those stances extremist? In the not too distant past Democrats believed in that also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 04:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about as far as Tennessee turning Democratic. Republicans can win elections there with no effort at all. Nashville itself will have no influence in Congress going forward now that the legislature has gerrymandered the city into multiple districts dominated by suburban and rural counties.
Tennessee last week introduced a state-wide ban on sexual interventions on children, the opposite of what the Biden administration is trying to do in making it illegal not to "affirm" whatever the child is convinced he/she needs to do to actualize their gender-changing desires.

It just takes one court to rule that parents are abusing their kids by not giving them drugs or surgery (we live in Owell's 1984 opposite la-la land) and for an affected parent to be hauled into Federal court based on a twisted interpretation of Title IX or other existing statute

Old 11-13-2022, 04:07 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
There is nothing wrong with the MAGA platform as far as stances

1 Secure the border , without borders a nation doesn't exist
2 Implement trade policy that benefits the U.S.A first and foremost
3 Maintain the hierarchy that teachers work for parents first and for the democratic party last
4 maintain a strong military but don't get involved in every thing that is not direct to U.S interests
5 Direct back to the original intent that government works for the people, not the other way around
6 Direct back to allegiance to nationalism first instead of allegiance to globalism first

Since when are those stances extremist? In the not too distant past Democrats believed in that also.
They are not extreme at all. But what they are is 180 degrees out of phase with leftist philosophy.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You sound like a German citizen in 1930. Had you actually been, you would have found out differently within about eight or ten years. The military WILL turn against the people. Not today. But it is being incrementally wokefied each year. Read the history of the SS. Similar situation brewing.
It was only a year ago that the Democrats and media repeated "pandemic of the unvaccinated" over and over and many citizens turned on each other believing them and supported shunning them, firing them, making them 2nd class citizens, forcing them to vaccinate and some even supported arresting them. 2021 U.S.A

Old 11-13-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This is exactly right. They await a "Kristallnacht." And then soon after the camps will be open. They are biding their time and awaiting a "trigger." The trigger could be some looney that does something or it could be a very well hidden false flag event. Once that happens, anyone who is not a leftist democrat, who is all-in on an authoritarian collectivist government, will be declared an enemy of the state. Unfortunately, the leftists here do not read history (or do not comprehend its lessons), so they do not know that this same thing has happened dozens of times. They think it is impossible. It's not. Civility and order is a very thin veneer. And beneath it lies unspeakable evil.
It doesn't even have to be physical camps, it can be virtual and digital prisons. They can de-bank their political enemies by closing their accounts and restricting movement by adding them to no-fly lists. Corporate pressure is already in place to deplatform notable people and it's just the next step to extend it to every day people who do not tow the line

Old 11-13-2022, 04:17 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It doesn't even have to be physical camps, it can be virtual and digital prisons. They can de-bank their political enemies by closing their accounts and restricting movement by adding them to no-fly lists. Corporate pressure is already in place to deplatform notable people and it's just the next step to extend it to every day people who do not tow the line
Kanye West for example.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:17 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is how I know you're full of crap. Hillary and the Democrats have been denying results non-stop for 6 years now. 2020 were the dirtiest elections in my lifetime from every way you look at it. There were tons of improprieties and every effort to tighten then up is met with hysterical antics by the left. So guess what, if you don't point out the shenanigans they're just going to keep loosening all the rules until it's impossible to have a fair election and when that happens good luck with your freedom & liberty because it's all over
And it was just as stupid and childish when Hillary and Dems did it. It makes them look like foolish little children. Just as it does us when we do the same thing. Now yes, we DO need some minimum NATIONAL standards on elections. Photo ID, no ballot harvesting and mandatory sig verification on any mail in votes, as well as minimizing "early voting".

Old 11-13-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Kanye West for example.
People will take exception to this example but it's true. Obviously, companies like Adidas have the right to cut ties with Kanye because they don't want their brand associated with antisemetic conspiracies. On the other hand, JP Morgan Chase closing his accounts should be scary as hell for every last American who cares about their freedom of speech, ditto for Twitter closing his account

Banks and airlines should not be allowed to enforce morality on anyone, I don't care how offensive or obnoxious they are. The only people that should be banned respectively are those who committed bank fraud or were convicted of a crime at the airport

Old 11-13-2022, 04:23 PM

13,716 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Given my past posts, I'm sure no one will identify me as any kind of leftist or Democrat supporter. I guess I'd perhaps be described as a "small m" maga-libertarian. I agree with the vast majority of the "MAGA platform" of free market capitalism, FAIR free trade (including tariffs if necessary to level the playing field), lower taxes, reduced government intervention in business and private lives, securing our borders and removing foreign criminals. Making our streets safe by locking up criminals, and embracing our civil rights-especially the 2A. In short-making America and the lives of American citizens better and offering the greatest opportunities.

Now, there are things we need to do and have failed at. The last week has more than demonstrated that, sadly. I never thought the American electorate could go towards Dems given the horrible results of the last 2 years of Dem leadership, but that just proves how badly we have done.

1) Stop the election denial crap. Yes, things looked suspect, but we've spent millions on investigations and audits and come up with nothing. Move on and stop looking like spoiled children that are throwing a temper tantrum because we didn't get our way-leave that for the Dems. The American people don't want to hear this crap-without some proof or evidence.

2) Denounce the 1/6 protests. They cost us the unequivocal moral high ground. After 2 years of riots, arson, looting, dragging people from their cars and beating them, and burning police stations, the conservatives had the absolute moral high ground, and clear evidence of just how bad, evil and violent the left actually is. These fools threw it away-and like 1 above, look like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum.

3) Stop the cult of Trump. His policies are good, he as a person is a ass. OK, in some ways that's needed, we need someone that can stand up to the biased, lying media, fine. But not attack his own party, not spread easily countered lies and not look like a spoiled 2 year old again.

4) Learn to utilize the media and social media to get the message out. The Dems pulled their October Surprise with the Pelosi case-and the GOP didn't counter, except with rumors of a homosexual relationship. Should have emphasized that the attacker is an ILLEGAL ALIEN (half the country doesn't know that) and lived in a school bus, flying BLM and LGBTQ flags. DO BETTER!

5) Stop being stupid on abortion! Pass a bill guaranteeing certain items and take away the left-wing talking points. 1. Contraceptives and morning after pill safe and legal. 2) Abortion legal whenever the life of the mother is at risk, in actual cases of rape and incest (rare as they are) and if there are physical or mental abnormalities. No family should be forced to raise a special needs child if they are not prepared to. 3) as now, leave "abortion of convenience" to the states. Get in front of this, and stop letting the left control the narrative.

6) Formulate and publish a national platform and communicate it. Stop leaving the narrative to individual candidates. Keep is straightforward and simple, like the Gingrich Contract with America. Push that for the next 2 years.

7) Address the financial mess-espouse clear, concise plans on how to address inflation, record high fuel prices and shortages, and what can be done to minimize the pain of the Biden recession.

8) Communicate nationally the crime issue caused by Dem policies, and plans to address them

9) Formulate a plan for dealing with illegal aliens, refugees and visa-overstays. Finally deal with it, don't just use as a talking point. Push the wall-it worked both for the American people and for dealing with the problem.

10) Stop giving away our 2nd Amendment rights! You are costing support from those that consider this an issue. Go on the offensive-half the states now have Constitutional Carry-at the least support a nationwide concealed carry permit.

Just a few thoughts.

The Rep party had a horrible election. Why? Because the Dems have mastered the art of early voting. Expect voting from now on to begin at least 3-4 weeks out and expect ballot harvesting in some states. Fine. Those are the rules. It's up to the Rep. party to learn to play the game.

I was at the Mesa, AZ Trump rally for Masters/Lake and Trump told the crowd vote on election day. I thought that was a mistake. Rep. need to get the votes in right away. Forget waiting until the last minute. Republicans in Florida have a blueprint for mail-in voting which should studied and be copied.

If the Rep. party doesn't make major changes in the way they get out the vote they aren't going to win. Trump, Desantis, whomever...it won't matter. They'll lose.

2022 should be a serious wake up call.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:36 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The Rep party had a horrible election. Why? Because the Dems have mastered the art of early voting. Expect voting from now on to begin at least 3-4 weeks out and expect ballot harvesting in some states. Fine. Those are the rules. It's up to the Rep. party to learn to play the game.

I was at the Mesa, AZ Trump rally for Masters/Lake and Trump told the crowd vote on election day. I thought that was a mistake. Rep. need to get the votes in right away. Forget waiting until the last minute. Republicans in Florida have a blueprint for mail-in voting which should studied and be copied.

If the Rep. party doesn't make major changes in the way they get out the vote they aren't going to win. Trump, Desantis, whomever...it won't matter. They'll lose.

2022 should be a serious wake up call.
The thing is, the current GOP doesn't want to play that game. Instead, many GOP politicians want to block early voting. Rather than do early voting themselves, the name of the game is to prevent early voting for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies