Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 08:55 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,109 times

Advertisements

The US border patrol is a mess. Sure there is nothing wrong with immigration enforcement and protect the borders but, what is so wrong is the abuse of power and human right violations there.

Valeria Munique Tachiquin was a 32-year-old living in Chula Vista, a town near San Diego. On September 28, 2012, Tachiquin was killed by Justin Tackett, a Border Patrol Agent who had previously been fired as deputy from the Imperial County Sheriff’s Department. Valeria Tachiquin was a U.S. citizen- not that this fact should be important to the story of her life being taken from her - so Tackett was a Border Patrol agent targeting someone “legally” present in the country. The Department Chief said herself that Tackett should not be “trusted with a badge or a gun,” yet Tackett was still able to get a job amongst the Border Patrol agents [36].

Anastasio Hernandez-Rojas, a father of five, was 48-years-old when he was beaten to death by Border Patrol Agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry. At least eight different agents participated in beating and choking Hernandez-Rojas, while a group of their fellow agents gathered around to watch. Hernandez-Rojas died in the hospital three days later from cardiac arrest and brain damage after suffering from multiple broken ribs, internal organ damage, and bruising all across his body. To make matters worse, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol allegedly tried to conceal and alter the story of Hernandez-Rojas’s death. Apparently, Border Patrol themselves had their own investigation into the incident, despite having no jurisdiction whatsoever to do so, and they failed to properly investigate why force of such an extent was used against Hernandez-Rojas. In 2015, the Department of Justice state that no criminal charges would be pursued against the many agents involved in the murder [28].

There are just two of the many stories of abuse suffered by immigrants and Central American people in general at the hands of the U.S. Border Patrol. It is not merely a few bad apples ruining the reputation of the entire grove, but rather the fact that the very ground that the Border Patrol is planted in is infested with racism and corruption.https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories...60ed208509245e

The US border patrol is a mess. Sure there is nothing wrong with immigration enforcement and protect the borders but, what is so wrong is the abuse of power and human right violations there.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:01 PM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times
You better tell Joe Biden to get this situation under control, then.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:06 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Criminals take that chance when they commit crime. Perhaps it's not such a good idea to illegally enter a foreign nation.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:23 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Criminals take that chance when they commit crime. Perhaps it's not such a good idea to illegally enter a foreign nation.
I guess you don't care because they are illegal and are not white. Yet Valeria Tachiquin was killed by border guards, however he was a legal immigrant to the USA. But who cares because she is not white.

Yet a former border agent has spoken out on the abuses and human right violations by border guards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7isTZPgG8Q

Last edited by herenow1; 11-14-2022 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 09:42 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
I guess you don't care because they are illegal and are not white. Yet Valeria Tachiquin was killed by border guards, however he was a legal immigrant to the USA. But who cares because he is not white.

Yet a former border agent has spoken out on the abuses and human right violations by border guards.

Sorry dude that you're Racist White twist doesn't ring so true when 75% of the BP agents that patrol the border are also Hispanic.

Like Joe Biden said "the Buck stops with him" Fix it Joe!

Old 11-14-2022, 09:46 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
I guess you don't care because they are illegal and are not white. ... But who cares because he is not white.
I don't care if they are green and from Mars. So you can lay off your "white" nonsense. I'd feel the same if a Kanuck or Frenchy were jumping the border. No matter the skin color, they are taking a chance. Someone will end up on the wrong side of probability sooner or later.

By the way, Valeria is a female name in the Spanish language. You see, I speak Spanish. So I guess I have more respect for their culture than you do--at least enough to get a name right. The only thing you want to use the Hispanics for is race baiting.

I have not a thing against Hispanics. I married a woman from Peru. I DO have something against illegal border crossers, no matter their ethnicity.

Last edited by ChrisC; 11-14-2022 at 09:55 PM..

Old 11-14-2022, 10:14 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
I guess you don't care because they are illegal and are not white. Yet Valeria Tachiquin was killed by border guards, however he was a legal immigrant to the USA. But who cares because he is not white.

I'm not taking up anyone's mantle here but even though not directed at me it still brought my hackles up. What is it with neo Democrat leftists that compels them to flip the race card face up as a go to? The people at issue here are indeed illegal. Now the beating incident. I just can't help but believe there was more involved with this than a single border jumper. And his skin tone methinks didn't have a lot to do with it either.

His illegal status to my mind says plainly "illegal alien. therefore he has no rights under the US Constitution." His skin color? Non sequitur.
But I can't help but think the agents needed some information outa this guy. like maybe "where how a
and when is the shipment coming in and what is it? Or maybe the agents are bent to $h!t and the guy owed them some substantial money. Whatever it was the powers that be see fit to overlook the beating. Could well be the guy had that and more coming to him. Maybe he's involved in some human trafficking maybe of children and the agents got some intell out of him that wound up saving hundreds of children being sold to scumbag pedos and pedo groups in the US and maybe abroad.

But rather than consider such possibilities It was straight to the fact the guy isn't White. Bear in mind also that this is the border patrol. An agency that the president himself ran after firing blindly for supposedly "whipping" border jumpers. An allegation that was disproven hands down VERY quickly from the guy that actually took the pictures and from other clear evidence there was no "whipping." Yet still the Bidet Bunch hung onto those allegations like a raven on a roadkill rabbit. And yet this matter was closed out with no fanfare. Think maybe the guys skin tone may be a nothing burger?

Just a few things to ponder. Really, it's not ALWAYS tied to skin color if LE hands out a judicious beatdown.

Old 11-15-2022, 12:56 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
Not my problem and since Biden claims to be going a hell of a job as POTUS, he will take care of it as soon as he’s back in the country. If not him than Harris since she has plenty of free time on her hands.

That’s what the country elected them to do, so let them do their jobs.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:06 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Maybe Biden, can "Whip" these Border Patrols Into Shape.

Biden said, he's not going to change a "thing"...

Old 11-15-2022, 03:14 AM

7,340 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:

Valeria Munique Tachiquin was a 32-year-old living in Chula Vista, a town near San Diego. On September 28, 2012, Tachiquin was killed by Justin Tackett, a Border Patrol Agent who had previously been fired as deputy from the Imperial County Sheriff’s Department. Valeria Tachiquin was a U.S. citizen- not that this fact should be important to the story of her life being taken from her - so Tackett was a Border Patrol agent targeting someone “legally” present in the country. The Department Chief said herself that Tackett should not be “trusted with a badge or a gun,” yet Tackett was still able to get a job amongst the Border Patrol agents [36].

Anastasio Hernandez-Rojas, a father of five, was 48-years-old when he was beaten to death by Border Patrol Agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry. At least eight different agents participated in beating and choking Hernandez-Rojas, while a group of their fellow agents gathered around to watch. Hernandez-Rojas died in the hospital three days later from cardiac arrest and brain damage after suffering from multiple broken ribs, internal organ damage, and bruising all across his body. To make matters worse, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol allegedly tried to conceal and alter the story of Hernandez-Rojas’s death. Apparently, Border Patrol themselves had their own investigation into the incident, despite having no jurisdiction whatsoever to do so, and they failed to properly investigate why force of such an extent was used against Hernandez-Rojas. In 2015, the Department of Justice state that no criminal charges would be pursued against the many agents involved in the murder [28].

There are just two of the many stories of abuse suffered by immigrants and Central American people in general at the hands of the U.S. Border Patrol. It is not merely a few bad apples ruining the reputation of the entire grove, but rather the fact that the very ground that the Border Patrol is planted in is infested with racism and corruption.https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories...60ed208509245e

you must feel strongly about that imperialist statement you wrote it twice. there is everything wrong with immigration enforcement. no human is illegal. only a white nationalist would think “nothing is wrong with immigration enforcement” Our historic Vice President said there is nothing wrong with the border. are you getting your information from faux news or alex jones? fact is, our President Joe Biden is the most decent and compassionate human being and would never allow people to be killed at the border. stop with the conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies