Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2022, 04:57 PM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Putin would not dare misbehave under Trump' watch.
What would Trump do, that anyone could or couldn’t?

He (or any President) would have to either consult with NATO partners and honor the alliance by sending troops OR decide not to get fully involved. Any of the 46 Presidents we’ve had would be faced with those two options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 04:58 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Where it says so? Not on the link you provided.
Poland is still investigating with no conclusion, yet.
It was in the first paragraph of the linked news article.

“Two people were killed after Russian missiles landed in an eastern Polish village on Tuesday, a US intelligence official told the Associated Press. The incident seemingly marks the first time that Russian President Vladimir Putin's war has spilled across Ukraine's borders and into the territory of a NATO member.”

Old 11-15-2022, 05:01 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
What would Trump do, that anyone could or couldn’t?

He (or any President) would have to either consult with NATO partners and honor the alliance by sending troops OR decide not to get fully involved. Any of the 46 Presidents we’ve had would be faced with those two options.
He didn't have to do anything, because Putin chose not to try it while the unhinged orange goof was in charge. That's the point.

Under bad orange man, Putin stayed in line. Under Biden, Putin attacks. Those are the facts and they cannot be denied. It is what happened.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:03 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Putin would not dare misbehave under Trump' watch.
When did Trump ever stand up to Putin? Putin did whatever he wanted and Trump supported Putin. There is a real reason Putin waited. Trump pulls America out of NATO and then Putin could attack Ukraine without the US getting involved.

Ex-Trump national security advisor John Bolton says 'Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him,' so he chose not to invade Ukraine

"I think one of the reasons that Putin did not move during Trump's term in office was he saw the president's hostility of NATO. It was widely reported in American media," Bolton said during an interview with SiriusXM's Julie Mason. "And to Putin's mind, it's a binary proposition: a weaker NATO is a stronger Russia."

Bolton went on, "Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him, and thought, maybe in a second term, Trump would make good on his desire to get out of NATO, and then it would just ease Putin's path just that much more."

"I thought he put his foot over it, but at least he didn't withdraw then," Bolton said. "In a second Trump term, I think he may well have withdrawn from NATO. And I think Putin was waiting for that."

Old 11-15-2022, 05:07 PM

21,835 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is a blatant attack on a NATO member. It can't go unanswered or Putin will just do more of it. Invoke Article 5. It's time for NATO to put an end to this special operation.
Oh, I don't know. NATO is pretty limp wristy and it's just Poland which is more of a half NATO member. Expect lots of pontificating and provided Russia makes some conciliatory statements not much else.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:09 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Warsaw has confirmed they were Russian's missiles https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wo-POLAND.html

Old 11-15-2022, 05:09 PM

6,642 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
When did Trump ever stand up to Putin? Putin did whatever he wanted and Trump supported Putin. There is a real reason Putin waited. Trump pulls America out of NATO and then Putin could attack Ukraine without the US getting involved.
I kinda agree that Trump or no Trump, I don't think Putin cared about the US 'involvement' anyways.

But didn't Putin only get ansy and invade when Nato was trying to recruit Poland and plop Nato missile defenses in there, right on Russia's literal border? That was his beef? I guess aside from the nazi stories.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:12 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

Ex-Trump national security advisor John Bolton says 'Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him,' so he chose not to invade Ukraine

"I think one of the reasons that Putin did not move during Trump's term in office was he saw the president's hostility of NATO. It was widely reported in American media," Bolton said during an interview with SiriusXM's Julie Mason. "And to Putin's mind, it's a binary proposition: a weaker NATO is a stronger Russia."

Bolton went on, "Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him, and thought, maybe in a second term, Trump would make good on his desire to get out of NATO, and then it would just ease Putin's path just that much more."

"I thought he put his foot over it, but at least he didn't withdraw then," Bolton said. "In a second Trump term, I think he may well have withdrawn from NATO. And I think Putin was waiting for that."
You make too much sense.

What are you doing C-D?

Old 11-15-2022, 05:14 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
As to the defense contractors being Democrats, I'm calling BS.

"A Defense News analysis of Federal Election Commission data for the 2022 election cycle found that the five largest defense companies — Lockheed Martin, Raytheon Technologies, Boeing, Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics — contributed a total of nearly $2 million to Republicans who voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results."

https://www.defensenews.com/congress...ing-lawmakers/

Old 11-15-2022, 05:21 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As to the defense contractors being Democrats, I'm calling BS.

"A Defense News analysis of Federal Election Commission data for the 2022 election cycle found that the five largest defense companies — Lockheed Martin, Raytheon Technologies, Boeing, Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics — contributed a total of nearly $2 million to Republicans who voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results."

https://www.defensenews.com/congress...ing-lawmakers/
that is such total bullS***......now how much did those same companies give to democrats?
....they all lobby with both parties

what position were those "republicans"...what committees were they on?

"Of Lockheed Martin's PAC's 147 donations to the campaigns of federal legislators, five went to members of the Senate's Armed Services Committee: Republican Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alaska and Democratic Sens. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, and Mark Kelly of Arizona.

The company's PAC also donated to the campaigns of 27 members of the House Armed Services Committee, including Democratic member and chairman Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, whose campaign received $2,500 from the PAC."

https://www.businessinsider.com/defe...ampaign-2022-5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies