Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 07:21 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times

Advertisements

Nope. Hasn't happened yet. Still 217. When FOX, the biggest cable network GOP cheerleader still refuses to call it 218 then it's NOT 218 yet! I suspect you gun-jumpers hollering "WE'VE WON!" are the same overly exuberant red-wavers who should probably be learning to adopt a more circumspect mentality about elections. It will hopefully/probably/maybe/could-be 218 sometime soon but it isn't yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 07:22 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Congratulations,

Now, will the GOP:

A) Use this new leverage to negotiate policies that will be good for all Americans …. Or

B) Conduct countless committee hearings to investigate the Biden Administration which leads to a couple of revenge impeachments.

Which would you prefer?
I would prefer B, but not just with Biden. Mainly with the FBI.

I don't want any new policies. I want the government to just stop already. The government is not there to "help" us. Just stop already.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:27 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While surprising, it is a very good sign.
We had basically a 50/50 election (or close to it as the GOP is going to net somewhere between 5-8 seats), 2018 was an actual Democratic wave where the Democrats picked up over 40 seats. Of course any comparison to a very Democratic year is going to show a GOP shift.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Nope. Hasn't happened yet. Still 217. When FOX, the biggest cable network GOP cheerleader still refuses to call it 218 then it's NOT 218 yet! I suspect you gun-jumpers hollering "WE'VE WON!" are the same overly exuberant red-wavers who should probably be learning to adopt a more circumspect mentality about elections. It will hopefully/probably/maybe/could-be 218 sometime soon but it isn't yet.
Exactly. Too many people trying to put the cart before the horse. Great way to end up with egg on your face.

This isn't over until (if) California gives up on trying to locate the proper number of ballots to stop the GOP.

There is a reason why some tiny California districts have not reported much more than 1/2 the ballot count 8 days after an election. There are not a ton of people in some of those districts, yet they can't seem to get it done.

THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!!!

Stop the celebrating and wait for it to happen. IF California tosses in the towel and finally provides us the numbers, THEN you can celebrate.

But don't be shocked if a "sudden' and "unexpected" shift happens in the last 10% of ballot counting.

Also, the CO race is going to have a mandatory recount. Don't be surprised if that one flips back to blue after the recount.

Stop assuming you got this in the bag! You don't. Hopefully it works out for you, but stop assuming you got it now.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:34 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
It is not unofficially official until called by AP. It is, however, going to go to the Rs. That will give them every opportunity to fight among themselves - cultists against main-streamers. It will be an entertaining 2 years. Who knows though? With a couple of retirements and lost special elections, it could end up D by then.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:35 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Exactly. Too many people trying to put the cart before the horse. Great way to end up with egg on your face.

This isn't over until (if) California gives up on trying to locate the proper number of ballots to stop the GOP.

There is a reason why some tiny California districts have not reported much more than 1/2 the ballot count 8 days after an election. There are not a ton of people in some of those districts, yet they can't seem to get it done.

THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!!!

Stop the celebrating and wait for it to happen. IF California tosses in the towel and finally provides us the numbers, THEN you can celebrate.

But don't be shocked if a "sudden' and "unexpected" shift happens in the last 10% of ballot counting.

Also, the CO race is going to have a mandatory recount. Don't be surprised if that one flips back to blue after the recount.

Stop assuming you got this in the bag! You don't. Hopefully it works out for you, but stop assuming you got it now.
California is exposing us as the Banana Republic we are in 2022. In 1982, we could count all votes within 24 hours, but not in 2022. We have regressed.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is not unofficially official until called by AP. It is, however, going to go to the Rs. That will give them every opportunity to fight among themselves - cultists against main-streamers. It will be an entertaining 2 years. Who knows though? With a couple of retirements and lost special elections, it could end up D by then.
All I want is complete gridlock.

I want the government frozen in its tracks.

I don't want one bill to ever make it to the Potato-In-Chief's desk.

If that happens, I will be absolutely thrilled. I really don't care how much they bicker.

Unfortunately, Republicans have a history of being soft, squishy and easily scared into going along to get along. They will most likely cave into false narratives the media pushes from the left.

Never underestimate Republican's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:44 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
All I want is complete gridlock.

I want the government frozen in its tracks.

I don't want one bill to ever make it to the Potato-In-Chief's desk.

If that happens, I will be absolutely thrilled. I really don't care how much they bicker.
, except I enjoy their bickering

Old 11-16-2022, 07:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Fantastic! ...
So suddenly you believe in elections?

Old 11-16-2022, 07:45 AM

17,608 posts, read 6,894,659 times
People Magazine called it for the GOP last night, too:

Link: https://people.com/politics/republic...2022-midterms/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies