Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump announce tonight that:
He is running for President in 2024 as a Republican 66 75.00%
He is not running in 2024, and he will endorse Ron DeSantis 5 5.68%
He will form a 3rd part, and run for Pre3sident in 2024 under that 12 13.64%
None of the above 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 01:13 AM

36,772 posts, read 18,709,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
You think the MAGA folks would vote for Desantis over Trump in a primary? I'm honestly curious about that one. Desantis does great in Florida but would that popularity hold in a national election?

I would never vote for Desantis. He is a climate denier and I will never vote for anyone who values the kickbacks from BP and Exxon more than they value the fate of our planet.
Are there enough MAGAs out there to swing an election? If not, there is going to have to be a lot of compromise for any Republican out there to have any chance at all in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Oh not to worry, we are all delighted he's running.

I hope he kicks DeSantis to touch as well.

It means Democrats will win election again, hands down in 2024. Hurrah!
Agree. Trump’s announcement is Democratic Christmas a month early.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If the republican party doesn't moderate they keep losing elections simple as that.
As many of us have said here repeatedly for several years. We need a new crop of Eisenhower republicans to crowd out the current bunch of loons.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Kind of great news, honestly, as much as I hate everything so much about that garbage dump of a man. Hope that he wins the party nomination and loses the election just like last time, effectively blocking any Republicans that might have a chance in the general. Because, I could be wrong of course, but I don't see him winning, even with the boost that Repubs always get of the electoral college unfairness- as he didn't win last time, and now he doesn't have incumbent advantage, is a frakkin' insurrectionist, and of course tangled up in multiple criminal and civil investigations. Also, as a former president and known politician now, he doesn't have the whole 'blank slate', or the credit he had to make all those ridiculous promises like he did in 2016 as a political outsider, that got him his initial support, and then proceeded to mostly let down said base for 4 years. It's hard to predict these things, but I don't see a Trump victory being likely at all, so strategically I would have to say, great, bring on his candidacy.

On a side note, I haven't yet solidified my opinion on whether or not I think Biden should run again. I think he's mentally sharp enough to do it and win it, and any talk otherwise is nonsense. But, strategically I'm still not sure if he should run. I do wish that Buttigieg was the VP and presumptive next in line, rather than Harris. Pete would make a great president.
Pete would be great.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:51 AM

12,948 posts, read 7,323,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But it doesn't protect him.
No, it doesn't.
However, He will make a big stink about being investigated and prosecuted. "It's unfair"
YPMV

Old 11-16-2022, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
No, it doesn't.
However, He will make a big stink about being investigated and prosecuted. "It's unfair"
YPMV
When he is indicted, he will start screaming it’s because they’re trying to stop him from running, and use it as a fundraiser for legal expenses, which aren’t regulated by the FEC. As it has always been, Trump’s only in it for personal gain. He loves nothing but money.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:14 AM

24,143 posts, read 9,091,371 times
Can trump win the GOP nomination? Yes. Can he win the WH again? Nope. The left knows Trump should be taken seriously, and I doubt they don't go out and vote in droves in 2024.

Trump can be king of the GOP, but he doesn't have the support to be president of the nation again.

Now, if Trump were smart, he would pick his running mate (a female person of color), to further flip the scrip on liberals. But we all know he's going to pick an old rich white guy.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:18 AM

3,593 posts, read 2,852,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Kind of great news, honestly, as much as I hate everything so much about that garbage dump of a man. Hope that he wins the party nomination and loses the election just like last time, effectively blocking any Republicans that might have a chance in the general. Because, I could be wrong of course, but I don't see him winning, even with the boost that Repubs always get of the electoral college unfairness- as he didn't win last time, and now he doesn't have incumbent advantage, is a frakkin' insurrectionist, and of course tangled up in multiple criminal and civil investigations. Also, as a former president and known politician now, he doesn't have the whole 'blank slate', or the credit he had to make all those ridiculous promises like he did in 2016 as a political outsider, that got him his initial support, and then proceeded to mostly let down said base for 4 years. It's hard to predict these things, but I don't see a Trump victory being likely at all, so strategically I would have to say, great, bring on his candidacy.

On a side note, I haven't yet solidified my opinion on whether or not I think Biden should run again. I think he's mentally sharp enough to do it and win it, and any talk otherwise is nonsense. But, strategically I'm still not sure if he should run. I do wish that Buttigieg was the VP and presumptive next in line, rather than Harris. Pete would make a great president.
Pete is one of the biggest snobs in the world.

He thinks everyone can afford a 50k Hybrid. or 70K Tesla.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:20 AM

12,948 posts, read 7,323,119 times
^ @ #185
JMO,
DJT will try and milk the GOP and when that cow goes dry, he'll form a third party. .
YPMV

Old 11-16-2022, 03:09 AM

1,154 posts, read 270,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
When he is indicted, he will start screaming it’s because they’re trying to stop him from running, and use it as a fundraiser for legal expenses, which aren’t regulated by the FEC. As it has always been, Trump’s only in it for personal gain. He loves nothing but money.

I'm not 100& % sure if this is how it will play out, but I am sure he loves only money and will use his position and situation in any way to manipulate more money out of his supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies