Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 11:54 AM

19,033 posts, read 16,843,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Agree. Trump is right on many issues, and last night he said the next two years will get much worse than they are now for everyone. Who knows, with the bombing in Poland yesterday, war could break out and voters might turn to Trump again to get out of the messes the Democrats created.
How did we create the war in the Ukraine again?

What would Trump do abandon our allies again and tell his buddy Putin that he'll leave it for him to resolve..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 11:56 AM

18,255 posts, read 8,054,140 times
if the other choice is Biden.....Trump is electable

Old 11-16-2022, 12:15 PM

17,614 posts, read 15,313,994 times
Independents, Centrists, and Moderates are conveniently ignored yet again in these discussions, but make no mistake about it, they have sway in elections, and millions are not conservative pubs, nor right wingnuts, nor lefties. Ignore the vast numbers who make up a sizeable segment of voters at your peril.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:33 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,214,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
People were upset because he wasn't supposed to win, he was a turncoat to the Democrats, and had an off-putting personality for some, and the media turned against him.

And HRC was a horrible candidate. I think it's more upsetting seeing that in 2016 those were the two best options we had for POTUS.
People knitted hats over that? Get outta here!

Old 11-16-2022, 12:43 PM

10,763 posts, read 5,539,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Up until the pandemic, it was pretty damn good. I would have liked to see something done on healthcare, and a much more aggressive look at the border, but no POTUS is perfect.

It also would have been nice to see the Democrats work with him instead of fighting him 100% of the time. Part of being an adult is working with people you might not like or agree with. Something both parties needs to realize.
Lover or hate either of them, but Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neal were able to hold their noses and work with each other. It wasn't pleasant, but they got things done.

Not today. Today it is Mongol warfare. Sack, pillage, and decimate the other party. There is no compromise today.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 11-16-2022 at 01:05 PM..

Old 11-16-2022, 12:44 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,214,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Lover or hate either of them, but Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neal were able to hold their noses and work with each other. It wasn't pleasant, but it was not.

Not today. Today it is Mongol warfare. Sack, pillage, and decimate the other party. There is no compromise today.
You can't "work with" someone like Trump. I think you're about to see that in action in a way you can understand.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:48 PM

10,763 posts, read 5,539,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I can't come up with any reason WHY "Trump is unelectable" either. Just the usual "Democrats all hate him and won't vote for him." Which is more why Democrats won't matter in the 2024 election, than anything to do with Trump himself.

TRANSLATION: Neither can I.
Reason #1:
Democrats will crawl over molten class to vote against Trump.

Reason #2:
More liberal Independents will crawl over molten glass to vote against Trump.

Reason #3:
Trump and DeSantis will destroy each other in the primaries, resulting in Biden's re-election.

Reason #4:
The GOP will not raise money for presidential candidate Trump, resulting in Biden's re-election. They will sabatoge his re-election campaign because they prefer Biden to Trump.

Long shot bonus round
The Communist Chinese will ruthlessly act again to sabatoge Trump's re-election. In 2020, the CCP released an enginered bioweapon on the world to get rid of Trump. In 2024, it will be something else, or possibly a repeat -- another new novel bioweapon.

Good grief! How many times do I have to state this before people listen? Feel free to disagree, but try reading my entire post next time.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:50 PM

72,815 posts, read 62,135,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Independents, Centrists, and Moderates are conveniently ignored yet again in these discussions, but make no mistake about it, they have sway in elections, and millions are not conservative pubs, nor right wingnuts, nor lefties. Ignore the vast numbers who make up a sizeable segment of voters at your peril.
This is just my opinion. Moderate, Independent, and Centrist types are ignored because they aren't really respected or wanted. I see an ethos of "you're either lock and step with us, or you're the enemy". In my opinion, the moderates, centrists, independents, and non-partisan types are distrusted and viewed with a scorn worse than the opposing party. "You're either a Democrat or Republican. If you're neither, you can't be trusted".

I think of a quote for The Outsiders. Cherry is spying on behalf of the Greasers. However, she won't visit Johnny at the hospital. Ponyboy is upset and says “You're a traitor to your own kind and not loyal to us.” I think this is where politics is at.

Old 11-16-2022, 12:51 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,750,307 times
Trump just doomed any chances of a Republican win in 2024

I kept telling them Democrats were never trying to stop Trump from running.

They were baiting Trump INTO running. It worked and now Democrats just won the 2024 election.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:03 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,498,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I love Trump. I wish he was President. I think he has jumped the shark....
Trump is being stupid. I don't like stupid people.
The great thing about America, so far, is that anyone meeting the criteria can run, and the voters decide.

As for the rest of your post, don't blame others for Trump's previous failures, his present failures, or his future failures. Choices have consequences, and he's made many very very poor choices all of his life. Karma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies