Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 07:59 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Someone on this forum (don't remember who; not interested in calling them out anyway) wrote that Pennsylvanians knew Fetterman was disabled but didn't care; their votes were about Democrats maintaining control of the Senate.

Do the rest of the people here (if any) who voted for him feel that way?

What I'd like is for one of you - any one of you - to provide the moral justification for your vote. Explain why you felt it was morally permissible to set aside your duty to elect the best person for the job to simply maintain party control over a national legislative body.

What do you think the long term ramifications of this strategy are? What does a future of "the most electable" people running the show look like?

Does competence even factor into your decision?
Have you seen Fetterman on the campaign trail?

Have you heard him speak? ... or is it just sound bites from Newsmax and Fox that give you the authority to judge the man from your nice comfy easy chair in Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 08:06 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Someone on this forum (don't remember who; not interested in calling them out anyway) wrote that Pennsylvanians knew Fetterman was disabled but didn't care; their votes were about Democrats maintaining control of the Senate.

What I'd like is for one of you - any one of you - to provide the moral justification for your vote. Explain why you felt it was morally permissible to set aside your duty to elect the best person for the job to simply maintain party control over a national legislative body.

What do you think the long term ramifications of this strategy are? What does a future of "the most electable" people running the show look like?

You’re joking, right? You’re asking for people who are intellectually incompetent and morally bankrupt to offer something they can’t provide.

Even if Fetterman wasn’t physically and mentally compromised, his basic leftist ideological destructiveness should have immediately disqualified him in the minds of rational Americans. But being a democrat voter at this moment in time is also a sign of irrationality, therefore, you might just as well try to reason with an angry drunk, for all the good that would do.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:07 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
OP, you, and everyone else questioning the motives of Pennsylvania voters, simply are not listening.

Pennsylvania had the choice for senator of the lieutenant governor who is recovering from a stroke, or a carpetbagger from New Jersey who proved time and again that he is out of touch with the average Pennsylvanian.

Carpetbaggers from New Jersey don't play well here, especially in the eastern third of the state, which is where a good chunk of the state's voters live.

There always will be voters who vote for party; that's true for all political parties and will never change. But that is not what happened with the race for US senator from Pennsylvania Sorry if that doesn't fit the GOP stereotype. Oh, well. Or maybe not.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Feterman is struggling with his speech -- but with therapy it is expected to get better.

Do you all know who Bob Woodruff is? He was a journalist who received traumatic head injury from a bomb while covering the middle east.

Initiially his speech and walking were severely impeded by the injury.

Today he's back at work, his speech, while obviously impacted, seems pretty good. He has an extensive vocabulary, is able to express himself well.

Time will tell if Fetterman's speech will improve substantially or if will plateau.

Doctors stated that his cognitive ability is fine and that his speech will improve with time.

I'm not sure I would have supported Fetterman as the Dem nominee. I don't think I would have. This is before the stroke. He's not my kind of guy. He seems rough around the edges. I am talking real surface observations...no deep dive into who he really is.

But clearly in PA they chose him over an import who did not campaign well and had a public image that may not have sat well with some. Oz was the wrong candidate.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:10 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,760,378 times
PA voters rejected an actual doctor...a doctor...in favor of a guy that has never had a real job, pretends to be blue collar, looks like a slob, bought his house for $1 from a family member, held an innocent black jogger at gun point, suffered a severe brain injury/stroke this year, can't understand words that are being spoken and struggles speaking ~ and they did this only because he had a (D) next to his name on the ballot.

Aaaaand his policies are the most extreme out of any other Senator.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:11 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:

for better or for worse, there's no duty as you claim whatsoever.

people vote AGAINST a candidate all the time. See HRC 2016. See "vote them out" slogans.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Have you seen Fetterman on the campaign trail?

Have you heard him speak? ... or is it just sound bites from Newsmax and Fox that give you the authority to judge the man from your nice comfy easy chair in Texas?
By openly promoting the desire to release violent murderers back into society, claiming they deserve a second chance, is really all one needs to know about that clown in a hoodie to reject this moron as a danger to civilized society.

It’s a testimony to his dangerous mindset, and such irrational types have no business being involved in forming public policy, AT ANY LEVEL.

And, for those who voted for him, they are also a danger to society, as well as to themselves.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:21 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Ahem.

"I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate."
As Bill Maher said. Hershel just wants to serve a full term unlike several of his children.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Feterman is struggling with his speech -- but with therapy it is expected to get better.

Do you all know who Bob Woodruff is? He was a journalist who received traumatic head injury from a bomb while covering the middle east.

Initiially his speech and walking were severely impeded by the injury.

Today he's back at work, his speech, while obviously impacted, seems pretty good. He has an extensive vocabulary, is able to express himself well.

Time will tell if Fetterman's speech will improve substantially or if will plateau.

Doctors stated that his cognitive ability is fine and that his speech will improve with time.

I'm not sure I would have supported Fetterman as the Dem nominee. I don't think I would have. This is before the stroke. He's not my kind of guy. He seems rough around the edges. I am talking real surface observations...no deep dive into who he really is.

But clearly in PA they chose him over an import who did not campaign well and had a public image that may not have sat well with some. Oz was the wrong candidate.
No, the real issue is, in such places as Pennsylvania, you can apparently now drag anything out of a sewer, prop them up at a podium, and convince the mouth breathers to vote for them.

Aside from the Pedophile In Chief, dementia patient, Fetterman is the ideal poster boy to prove that America cannot survive democrat “leadership” much longer. It’s no longer possible to redeem this party of maniacs, but must be rejected by anyone who isn’t suicidal.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:24 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
McConnell like his friends Pelosi and Schumer are pure evil.
I disagree either them politically but none of them are pure evil, lol. The hyperbole of MAGAs sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies