Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 03:04 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are you not aware of the bird flu that has been spreading since last spring? Why do you think the price of chicken and eggs has increased. I used to buy boneless turkey breast roast a lot. It has been unavailable all summer. HEB is just now getting them into stock, frozen.

The bird flu is very infectious. Can wipe out a poultry or egg producer in a very short time.

Wish I could find the article about what employees have to do to get to work. it was like they could't drive directly to the farm. They had to park, shower, change just laundered clothes, then get in another vehicle to get to the farm.

IIRC, it said a whole entire egg production operation could catch it if an infected flying bird deposited droppings near the chickens.
50 million + birds euthanized / depopulated so far. i was shocked to find 37 cents/lb loss-leader turkeys locally, given those stats. got one in the oven right now, since i bought 2 and only had freezer space for one.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/our...ackyard-flocks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 03:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are you not aware of the bird flu that has been spreading since last spring? Why do you think the price of chicken and eggs has increased. I used to buy boneless turkey breast roast a lot. It has been unavailable all summer. HEB is just now getting them into stock, frozen.

The bird flu is very infectious. Can wipe out a poultry or egg producer in a very short time.

Wish I could find the article about what employees have to do to get to work. it was like they could't drive directly to the farm. They had to park, shower, change just laundered clothes, then get in another vehicle to get to the farm.

IIRC, it said a whole entire egg production operation could catch it if an infected flying bird deposited droppings near the chickens.
It has nothing to do with that. The 'organic' vendor in town didn't get a supply because their turkey supplier had a death in the family.

It took me about 30 seconds to do that detective work and to find out Albertson says they have fresh turkeys.

Old 11-16-2022, 03:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It has nothing to do with that. The 'organic' vendor in town didn't get a supply because their turkey supplier had a death in the family.

It took me about 30 seconds to do that detective work and to find out Albertson says they have fresh turkeys.
So it wasn't the democrats doing the bidding of the corporate elitists? I'm relieved. Thank you for that.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So it wasn't the democrats doing the bidding of the corporate elitists? I'm relieved. Thank you for that.
Are there liberals in Montanna

Old 11-16-2022, 04:21 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Hmm....that is strange.
Bird Flu maybe in the area?

Old 11-16-2022, 04:22 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Are there liberals in Montanna
Lol....I was thinking the exact same thing!

Old 11-16-2022, 04:24 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkin View Post
ummmmm…
LOL anti-liberal to anti-semitic didn't take him long, did it?

Old 11-16-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Hmm....that is strange.
Bird Flu maybe in the area?
No -- read the whole thread.

The lovely lady went to 2 places -- one of them, their supplier is closed due to a death in the family, the other place was an IGA...just saying.

It's not a thing.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
50 million + birds euthanized / depopulated so far. i was shocked to find 37 cents/lb loss-leader turkeys locally, given those stats. got one in the oven right now, since i bought 2 and only had freezer space for one.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/our...ackyard-flocks
That's a whole other issue.

Their vendor at the organic place --- closed because of a family tragedy.

Just stop people.

It's over.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:53 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
That's a whole other issue.

Their vendor at the organic place --- closed because of a family tragedy.

Just stop people.

It's over.
I stopped 2 hours ago but you're here bellyaching about it and berating people for posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies