Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 12:42 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm refuting Breitbert's comparison. Calling some a fake President or making a claim there was interference is not denying the results of the Election.

Never claimed Clinton really won, voted to certify the election results. Didn't demand the sitting VP not certify. Didn't make a bunch of speeches claiming it was stolen and it was fraud.
Alrighty then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 12:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Imagine that...

Meet Election Denier Hakeem Jeffries, Front-Runner for House Democrat Leader
Jeffries has denied the outcomes of the 2016 election. In 2020, Jeffries tweeted that former President Donald Trump “will never” be accepted “as a legitimate President.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mocrat-leader/
Missed the entire Mueller Report, did we?

Old 11-18-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

And ? There where a lot of "If's" and "assumptions" in that report. Either way, I think you and I aren't going to agree on it.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:21 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:

Its amazing. The Mueller report details Russian interference in 2016. Including between Russia and members of Trump's campaign. The Trump tower meeting. 37 people in total indicted. Manafort. Here is a guy indebted to Russian oligarchs running a presidential campaign. And he along with Roger Stone were dirtiest swampiest guys in DC. And Trump pardoned both of them.

Yet many MAGA people don't believe any of it but believe the dems stole the 2020 election and now Arizona this time. No proof, no one arrested. Nothing I just don't get it. I will say Trump himself appeared to be out of the loop with all the Russia stuff in 2016.

I could care less about either party. But I do care about facts.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:27 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
And ? There where a lot of "If's" and "assumptions" in that report. Either way, I think you and I aren't going to agree on it.
Federal indictments are a lot more than "ifs" and "assumptions".

Old 11-18-2022, 02:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
That is not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is, the Democrats coin another term to vilify others. Question anything about an election, and one is now an "election denier". And for those that might have got caught up in the questioning or denying the 2020 election, even though they don't now, it is a stigma that will be with them forever.
Now when a Democrat denies or questions an election, which they have , plenty of times in the past, it's okay and has been forgotten.
I've been around a very long time, and I don't remember very many times that Democrats denied or questioned an election. I did a little research and came up with three -

2016 presidential, Hillary accepted defeat but the only time she even mentioned that the result might be wrong was 3 years after Trump became president when she said the election was stolen, that was 2 weeks after Comey published the result of his investigation, claiming that while he couldn't find evidence of conspiracy between Russia and Trump operatives, it found that there had been a Russian conspiracy to help elect Trump.

2010 Presidential, while there was grumblings from Terry McAuliffe about the election being stolen, once the Supreme Court ruled, Gore accepted the results, conceded and asked people to get behind George Bush. In a later interview Gore said he felt the election had been stolen but that was the only time he spoke out, and he didn't start riots or hire teams of quack attorneys.

2018 Georgia Governor's race. Abrams refused to concede but didn't try to fight the results, some people are still convinced that she lost because of the Governor's changes in voting laws and voter purges, but she later filed a lawsuit and lost. So yeah she made a stink about it which probably wasn't warranted but she didn't stand in the way of her opponent being sworn in.

It seems now that maybe in order to try to lend credibility that Trump wasn't reelected because of election fraud it seems that some Republicans are making bizarre claims in order to prove that not only was Trump cheated out of the Presidency but so is every other Republican who loses. If you don't want to call them election deniers, what do you want to call them?

Old 11-18-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its amazing. The Mueller report details Russian interference in 2016. Including between Russia and members of Trump's campaign. The Trump tower meeting. 37 people in total indicted. Manafort. Here is a guy indebted to Russian oligarchs running a presidential campaign. And he along with Roger Stone were dirtiest swampiest guys in DC. And Trump pardoned both of them.

Yet many MAGA people don't believe any of it but believe the dems stole the 2020 election and now Arizona this time. No proof, no one arrested. Nothing I just don't get it. I will say Trump himself appeared to be out of the loop with all the Russia stuff in 2016.

I could care less about either party. But I do care about facts.
Quote:
Federal indictments are a lot more than "ifs" and "assumptions".

I guess my question is, why isn't Trump behind bars ? If he was involved in colluding with a foreign country to cheat an election, i would think he should be. Its been 6 years now, something should have been done.

As far as the maga comment, i was bummed to see he threw his hat in the ring for 2024, and hope he doesn't get the nomination. I also don't deny he lost in 2020. I voted for him twice, was fine with his 4 years, but its time to move forward. If that makes me a maga person, whatever the definition of that is, so be it.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:41 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Deniers gonna deny, no matter what.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I've been around a very long time, and I don't remember very many times that Democrats denied or questioned an election. I did a little research and came up with three -

2016 presidential, Hillary accepted defeat but the only time she even mentioned that the result might be wrong was 3 years after Trump became president when she said the election was stolen, that was 2 weeks after Comey published the result of his investigation, claiming that while he couldn't find evidence of conspiracy between Russia and Trump operatives, it found that there had been a Russian conspiracy to help elect Trump.

2010 Presidential, while there was grumblings from Terry McAuliffe about the election being stolen, once the Supreme Court ruled, Gore accepted the results, conceded and asked people to get behind George Bush. In a later interview Gore said he felt the election had been stolen but that was the only time he spoke out, and he didn't start riots or hire teams of quack attorneys.

2018 Georgia Governor's race. Abrams refused to concede but didn't try to fight the results, some people are still convinced that she lost because of the Governor's changes in voting laws and voter purges, but she later filed a lawsuit and lost. So yeah she made a stink about it which probably wasn't warranted but she didn't stand in the way of her opponent being sworn in.

It seems now that maybe in order to try to lend credibility that Trump wasn't reelected because of election fraud it seems that some Republicans are making bizarre claims in order to prove that not only was Trump cheated out of the Presidency but so is every other Republican who loses. If you don't want to call them election deniers, what do you want to call them?
Seems like a few more than that. Denying an election doesn't seem like anything new, from either side. That is all i'm trying to say. I really don't care either way.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hypo...ction-results/

Old 11-18-2022, 03:27 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Seems like a few more than that. Denying an election doesn't seem like anything new, from either side. That is all i'm trying to say. I really don't care either way.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hypo...ction-results/
Correct. Bush and Not My President, it's been going strong for 20 years. It's just progressed. You had the rabble in the streets 20 years ago. Now it's just a matter of regular discourse in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies