Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 01:27 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

brought to you by your friendly neighborhood left wing media.... the NY Times

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-k...131831947.html

Just suppose for a second that there was some fraud in AZ. I know, liberals will say that is impossible, the election was the most secure in history, blah blah blah.... But suppose that the AZ election really wasn't on the up and up, and maybe Lake won and maybe it wasn't a good idea to have Katie Hobbs supervising her own ballot counting. ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 01:33 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Looking for your posts from when Brian Kemp was running for Governor. Don't see any.

I guess the bigger issue is when the same crowd cries "election fraud" every single election it kind of loses its bite. People do lose because they are unpopular. Kind of how it works.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:38 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I think Democrats have been successful in creating this climate where ANY question asked about ANY election automatically makes one an “election denier.”

I think the issues in Maricopa County are worth investigation, even if it’s determined that they had no real impact on the outcome of the election. The number of tabulation machines that were “down” is significant (to me at least) and it’s concerning to me to think that there were people who were either turned away (like what also happened in Luzerne County, PA) or people who left their ballots in that “Box 3” or whatever it was, yet when they check the county website, it indicates that they haven’t voted yet. To me, it’s important to take all of this seriously and not just brush it off as “election deniers” crying about their candidate not winning - because we damn well know that had these issues happened in majority Democrat precincts, or if Katie Hobbs was in Kari Lake’s situation, our media sources and others would be clamoring for an investigation.

Stuff like this is what causes folks to lose faith in the system. It’s not even about “my candidate not winning” but the fact that this was an absolute mess and nobody seems to care.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Based upon the prior Audit Report observations, the issues with voting at Maricopa and the days it took to calculate the results are a bit suspicious. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:45 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think Democrats have been successful in creating this climate where ANY question asked about ANY election automatically makes one an “election denier.”

I think the issues in Maricopa County are worth investigation, even if it’s determined that they had no real impact on the outcome of the election. The number of tabulation machines that were “down” is significant (to me at least) and it’s concerning to me to think that there were people who were either turned away (like what also happened in Luzerne County, PA) or people who left their ballots in that “Box 3” or whatever it was, yet when they check the county website, it indicates that they haven’t voted yet. To me, it’s important to take all of this seriously and not just brush it off as “election deniers” crying about their candidate not winning - because we damn well know that had these issues happened in majority Democrat precincts, or if Katie Hobbs was in Kari Lake’s situation, our media sources and others would be clamoring for an investigation.

Stuff like this is what causes folks to lose faith in the system. It’s not even about “my candidate not winning” but the fact that this was an absolute mess and nobody seems to care.
Questioning without any proof is an election denier.
If you have proof of fraud or cheating or anything illegal please- please- bring it to the authorities. They actually make it easy to report it and they do catch and convict many people including elected officials.
If you don’t even have enough evidence to make a complaint, then you are just making stuff up.
If you don’t think she or any elected official running for office should be involved in elections, pass a law.
This is not new, not the first time and won’t be the last time. Seems like if this is that bothersome, a new law would be the answer.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If you have proof of fraud or cheating or anything illegal please- please- bring it to the authorities. They actually make it easy to report it and they do catch and convict many people including elected officials.
If you don’t Ben have enough evidence to make a complaint, then you are just making stuff up.
If you don’t think she or any elected official running for office should be involved in elections, pass a law.
This is not new, not the first time and won’t be the last time. Seems like if this is that bothersome, a new law would be the answer.
How would you recommend an average, everyday person collect “proof?”

We know as much as what has been reported in the news (and I’m not talking Breitbart here), which indicates that there were problems in various precincts and that Maricopa County was a mess. We’re also left to look at reports of folks who claim that they submitted ballots, but that the official county website they can use to track their ballot states that they hadn’t voted. So we’re left to wonder. Not sure what is so bad about hoping for an investigation, even if the answer turns out to be that none of these problems were significant enough to impact the election.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:50 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If you don’t even have enough evidence to make a complaint, then you are just making stuff up.
Here are the Forensic Election Audit Reports of Maricopa County from last year. Something is off BIG TIME.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...rt-final-vol-1
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...rt-final-vol-2
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...rt-final-vol-3

Old 11-16-2022, 01:54 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:

Faith in elections is a 20th century thing. I say that as someone who worked for Connecticut Democrats on a volunteer basis 30-40 years ago. I have no faith in election integrity in the 21st century. NONE.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Faith in elections is a 20th century thing. I say that as someone who worked for Connecticut Democrats on a volunteer basis 30-40 years ago. I have no faith in election integrity in the 21st century. NONE.
And that’s a shame because it should be one thing that we can all agree on and strive for, that we want our elections to be safe and secure.

I used to live in Pennsylvania and it seems like every election year, you can look at Twitter and see pictures of polling places in Philadelphia that are blatantly breaking rules related to racketeering. Yet every single year, it happens again and again, and nobody ever really does anything about it; they just accept that it happens in parts of Philadelphia. To me, that’s unacceptable. And I’d be just as angry about it if it were happening in the small rural county that I grew up in. But again, we’re always told that everything is safe, secure, and trustworthy.

But I guess that makes me an “election denier” even though my concern is more about following the rules and ensuring that nobody is negatively impacted by that stuff. Like for example, if I walk into a polling place and see Joe Biden campaign signs everywhere, will I feel intimidated and decide not to vote for the person I really want to vote for? Who knows. I’d like to say “no,” but who knows how or if that impacts people.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:07 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
How would you recommend an average, everyday person collect “proof?”

We know as much as what has been reported in the news (and I’m not talking Breitbart here), which indicates that there were problems in various precincts and that Maricopa County was a mess. We’re also left to look at reports of folks who claim that they submitted ballots, but that the official county website they can use to track their ballot states that they hadn’t voted. So we’re left to wonder. Not sure what is so bad about hoping for an investigation, even if the answer turns out to be that none of these problems were significant enough to impact the election.
It happens all the time.
How is you think they catch fraud. Dozens of cases of fraud are found every election. Not enough to change an election but enough to be prosecuted.
Someone sees something, someone thinks someone else voted in their place,
If someone’s vote isn’t counted then they should Contact the election committee. Usually it is an online form.
They will investigate.
If someone’s vote is counted and they didn’t vote, they should report it.
A full blown investigation for every election is not practical. Just like we can do detailed tax audit on every person who files their taxes, even every small business owner of a cash business that is likely to cheat.
Audits are run that compare dead people, felons, incarcerated, addresses with voter records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies