Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 09:37 PM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So. It doesn't invalidate the point.

If it's ok for women to share their space with men, then why is it a problem for trans women to share their space with men? You can't have it both ways.
Btw, do you have stats on transwomen in men's prisons? Because that's actually not a new thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 05:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,676,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What point? The point here is that no one cared about incarcerated women and who's assaulting them until a couple of cases where a transwoman assaulted them.

Meanwhile, these women have been subject to all sorts of heinous abuse but I've never heard a peep about it from these posters until now.

Rape is unspeakable no matter who perpetrates it.

I can guarantee you more women have been raped in prison by other women or by male staff than is anywhere near comparable to women raped in prison by the odd transgender inmate. If you care about incarcerated women being raped then you care about ALL the assaults perpetrated against them, not just the ones that are politically expedient.
A lot of us cared about incarcerated women prior to this. You act like people don’t care about things unless they have posted a thread about them on CD. It’s a ridiculous argument on your part.

You’re right that more women have been raped over the years by male prison staff then trans inmates but it’s because trans inmates have just stared being allowed in women’s prisons. It’s going to get a lot worse.

I don’t know why anyone would be in favor of increasing rape in prison unless they are already ok with rape in prison. That is what you are supporting.

You’re also in favor of increasing opportunities or sexual predators by supporting allowing men access in places where women and girls are more vulnerable such as locker rooms and bathrooms. You’re supporting decreased opportunities for women and girls due to unfair advantage that males have in sports.

You seem to think that all trans woman are just wonderful, lovey nice people wanting to be accepted as women. Some have gender dysphoria, some will fake it for access, some have fetishes. Assuming they are al lovely harmless people is delusional and it puts women in girls in unsafe, uncomfortable and unfair positions.

The modern day gender ideology push is the most misogynistic thing I’ve ever seen.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:49 AM

4,751 posts, read 3,190,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
In no way are we doomed:

The media's reporting on this issue is for the most part completely inaccurate and just plain hysterical because they are playing the rating game. Actual news barely gets reported.

American citizens need to quit with this helpless attitude that we have been seeing too much of lately. It is OUR government and if office holders want to keep their jobs, they need to at least listen to us especially at the state and local levels. I have walked into mayor's offices unannounced and requested that they call an official town hall meeting to address my concerns. So far my requests have always been granted. I send blanket emails to every member of my state legislator and once our Governor even included a personal reply.

There is not anything special about me other then all my friends in low places, my stubborn nature and my determination to make Our democracy work. Never ever give up. You may be amazed!
I don't know what news you're reading, but there are plenty of vaild, straight forward reports of female atheletes complaining about trans males in their locker rooms. I'm not making it up, and neither are they. That the school administrators and lawmakers are letting it go on is shameful.

I'm amused that you 'wouldn't tolerate it'. These other women don't want to tolerate it, either.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:56 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,394,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The YMCA of my youth had a big shower room where all of the girls and women showered together. Not common today but getting completely naked puts one in a vulnerable state and coming out of a shower stall and seeing a naked man outside would be really disconcerting to say the least. Men are allowed in our locker rooms now so it’s not far fetched that this will be happening with greater frequency.

Just like women in prisons are being raped by their trans cellmates.

Most people love family changing rooms. No one is talking about those. The Tran movement does not nat to use those. They want full access. We’re talking about men in the women’s locker rooms.
Well stated.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:01 AM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Excellent, covered some things I didn’t address about violence, but YES! THANK YOU!!!!! Bodies are just bodies. If one takes seeing a body in a different direction, then the problem isn’t being naked, it’s how that person deals with other people.
Thats all fine and good and I dont disagree but do you actually expect just like that we shed hundreds, thousands, of years of modesty, of conditioning that the human body is to be covered, dirty, sexual, embarrassing, a mystery, shameful, private, etc., etc. My goodness we still have many who feel a breastfeeding woman needs to hide her nursing baby and breast under a blanket.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,676,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Excellent, covered some things I didn’t address about violence, but YES! THANK YOU!!!!! Bodies are just bodies. If one takes seeing a body in a different direction, then the problem isn’t being naked, it’s how that person deals with other people.
We aren’t just bodies. We are human beings. Women have a lot of reasons to not want to get naked with men. If you think the problem is that we just can’t bear to see unclothed bodies of the opposite sex, you’re really missing the point.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:47 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,902,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A lot of us cared about incarcerated women prior to this. You act like people don’t care about things unless they have posted a thread about them on CD. It’s a ridiculous argument on your part.

You’re right that more women have been raped over the years by male prison staff then trans inmates but it’s because trans inmates have just stared being allowed in women’s prisons. It’s going to get a lot worse.

I don’t know why anyone would be in favor of increasing rape in prison unless they are already ok with rape in prison. That is what you are supporting.

You’re also in favor of increasing opportunities or sexual predators by supporting allowing men access in places where women and girls are more vulnerable such as locker rooms and bathrooms. You’re supporting decreased opportunities for women and girls due to unfair advantage that males have in sports.

You seem to think that all trans woman are just wonderful, lovey nice people wanting to be accepted as women. Some have gender dysphoria, some will fake it for access, some have fetishes. Assuming they are al lovely harmless people is delusional and it puts women in girls in unsafe, uncomfortable and unfair positions.

The modern day gender ideology push is the most misogynistic thing I’ve ever seen.
Well stated.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:41 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
It's really simple for me.

If you're trans, then that's not my affair or concern and I wish you no ill-will or whatnot. I'll treat you like anybody else.

However, if you still have your guy parts you shouldn't be in womens prison or in womens showers or locker rooms etc. because then that opens up the ability for predators to claim they are trans in order to gain access with deceit and makes women uncomfortable.

How hard is that?

Old 11-18-2022, 11:47 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,394,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's really simple for me.

If you're trans, then that's not my affair or concern and I wish you no ill-will or whatnot. I'll treat you like anybody else.

However, if you still have your guy parts you shouldn't be in womens prison or in womens showers or locker rooms etc. because then that opens up the ability for predators to claim they are trans in order to gain access with deceit and makes women uncomfortable.

How hard is that?
Another post well stated.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:02 PM

279 posts, read 143,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats all fine and good and I dont disagree but do you actually expect just like that we shed hundreds, thousands, of years of modesty, of conditioning that the human body is to be covered, dirty, sexual, embarrassing, a mystery, shameful, private, etc., etc. My goodness we still have many who feel a breastfeeding woman needs to hide her nursing baby and breast under a blanket.
Doesn't sound to me they want to shed that modesty at all. If they truly believed there was nothing wrong with men in women spaces and bodies are just bodies then they would just share their space with men. They just want biological women to shed THEIR modesty and allow them into their space, something they are unwilling to do themselves. The old do as I say not as I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies