Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 05:49 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Aw. Sorry, do you need a safe space?

So, finally you acknowledge my point that the women are justifiably upset about the unfair advantage of Lia in competition.

And I’m telling you, for the last time, I did not dismiss the locker room concern, but I do think they’re angrier about the unfair competition.

You might not think so.

But it’s not dismissing either concern, to think one is probably more prevalent than the other. From the articles quoting the women, I don’t think I’m too far off in that opinion. YMMV.

Jeez.

That’s what happens when you snip people’s posts. You make a whole unnecessary thing.
Are you ok? Seriously. This is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 05:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you ok? Seriously. This is insane.
Yep.

Just wants all men who think they are women in female locker rooms. Anti-women. No question about that.

Imagine if young ladies had the same rights as transgender people.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:27 AM

2,034 posts, read 852,699 times
I forget where but there was a school or a couple of “transgender“ students began sharing the locker room with the girls. And several of the girls and their parents complained. Full on, stripped down nudity, penis in the teen girls locker room. And what was the school districts response? We are not doing anything about it and if you have a problem with it, perhaps you should find another school to attend. Needless to say these parents are suing the school district. If you guys don’t think it will come to a point where men are acting or saying they identify as a woman to go into women’s restrooms, you are kidding yourself. In fact people are starting to do it just out of spite and for no other reason because they can. You’ve truly opened up Pandora’s box by allowing this nonsense. There was a time when a man would go to jail for trying to peep in on a woman’s restroom Or shower etc. Now all you have to do is say “I woke up today and I really feel like a woman”. And you get a free pass.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:28 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I forget where but there was a school or a couple of “transgender“ students began sharing the locker room with the girls. And several of the girls and their parents complained. Full on, stripped down nudity, penis in the teen girls locker room. And what was the school districts response? We are not doing anything about it and if you have a problem with it, perhaps you should find another school to attend. Needless to say these parents are suing the school district. If you guys don’t think it will come to a point where men are acting or saying they identify as a woman to go into women’s restrooms, you are kidding yourself. In fact people are starting to do it just out of spite and for no other reason because they can. You’ve truly opened up Pandora’s box by allowing this nonsense. There was a time when a man would go to jail for trying to peep in on a woman’s restroom Or shower etc. Now all you have to do is say “I woke up today and I really feel like a woman”. And you get a free pass.
Exactly.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Agreed. This will only get worse. There already are numerous instances of men taking advantage of this. Maybe when ladies have this happen to them or their daughters they will finally wake up but it will be way too late.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:46 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
According to surveys, most women take precautions daily to avoid becoming victims of assault, including sexual assault. This includes things like not walking alone at night, not going to a strangers house alone, not walking down an alley alone, etc.

Being cautious is something most women do, instinctually. It’s not the same thing as “living in fear”. It’s a human survival instinct. Men do not take precautions like these at similar rates because they are less likely be victimized and more equipped to defend themselves if they are.

Now these same women will have to give up the few private spaces they have left all to accommodate men. You’re very vulnerable when you’re unclothed or partially unclothed and it’s not ok to put this burden on women and girls.
I agree that men, even trans women should not be in locker rooms where people are naked and showing with women and especially girls. With such a low percentage of actual transitioning from one gender to the other I'm sure there is a better solution. Also I do not feel saying I identify as XYZ be given any consideration. One must be actively, medically transitioning and living as that particular gender.

You have to admit though there are no statistics showing an increase in assaults on women from trans women being in restrooms or locker rooms.

Seems to me if one is constantly worrying about being assaulted by every man out there that is living in fear.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree that men, even trans women should not be in locker rooms where people are naked and showing with women and especially girls. With such a low percentage of actual transitioning from one gender to the other I'm sure there is a better solution. Also I do not feel saying I identify as XYZ be given any consideration. One must be actively, medically transitioning and living as that particular gender.

You have to admit though there are no statistics showing an increase in assaults on women from trans women being in restrooms or locker rooms.

Seems to me if one is constantly worrying about being assaulted by every man out there that is living in fear.
We’re in the very early stages of this becoming more prevalent. There have been numerous instances of men dressing as women to gain access to film in women’s facilities an even attack women and girls. there have also been trans women who have filmed and attacked women and girls in these spaces. It’s only going to get worse.

I’m not constantly worried but I do see the problem and I do see it gaining traction and getting a whole lot worse if we don’t speak up now.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:16 AM

In addition, when we minimize women’s concerns how have experienced this, we do a disservice to women as a whole.

I have experienced a male in the women’s restroom and realizing there was nothing anyone could do because the law was on his side was disconcerting. Realizing I could run into him in the locker room at the local gym or rec center was an interesting realization. Getting a letter from my kids’ school telling me kids can use whichever facility that aligns with the perceived gender identity was eye opening. They both have trans classmates which means they may be sharing these spaces with boys. Seeing more and more men in public dresses in traditional women’s attire makes me think this is becoming more prevalent.

I guarantee that many women who say, “no big deal” might re-think things when they are alone in the restroom in a stall and a huge man walks in.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:20 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
I don't care if a man share our bathroom, as long as he don't make a mess, clean his pee up and wash his hands.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't care if a man share our bathroom, as long as he don't make a mess, clean his pee up and wash his hands.
and not film under the stall or assault anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies