Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 04:55 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
... Just like Trump saying all the Mexicans are rapists, and that kind of crap.
Did Trump really say 'all the Mexicans are rapists', or is that just one more of the hundreds of things the media reported incorrectly or without any context whatever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 07:20 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
I just know that they're not sexually assaulting people in bathrooms. Got to call out the BS.
Oh you know that? Calling out the BS, are you?

https://wcti12.com/news/nation-world...ls-in-restroom

Quote:
A man donned a blonde wig and dressed as a woman so he could secretly record girls and women in a Massachusetts mall's restroom, police said. Wearing a blonde wig, investigators said Guerrero followed girls as young as 12 into the bathroom.
Quote:
A man who was observed masturbating on different days in three separate stores has been jailed for eight months.
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...d-1160614.html

Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard that Yu was arrested following the final incident in which he was masturbating while at one of the store's tills. He was found to be in possession of a sex toy, an unused condom and lubricants at the time of his arrest.

She acknowledged that he suffered both physical and emotional abuse from his father and he dressed as a woman “as a means of dealing with his stress and anxiety”.
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...e-say/1979766/
Quote:

A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.
https://www.womenarehuman.com/male-t...risis-shelter/

Quote:
Tyler Porter, a man who identifies as transgender, has publicly boasted on social media of harassing women at the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre (DEWC) in Vancouver, CA. The Centre’s mission “is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment for women from all walks of life, who live and/or work in the Downtown Eastside.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/16/trans...oilet-8914577/

Quote:
A transgender woman threatened to stab a 10-year-old girl’s mother during a terrifying sexual assault in the female toilets of a Morrison’s supermarket
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN0ZU04W

Quote:
Reuters) - A transgender woman was charged in Idaho on Wednesday with voyeurism after secretly videotaping a young woman trying on swimwear in the fitting room of a Target retail store, authorities said.
https://theavtimes.com/2013/05/14/pa...mens-bathroom/

Quote:
A 33-year-old Palmdale man who allegedly dressed as a woman while secretly videotaping females using a department store bathroom was charged with several misdemeanor counts Tuesday, authorities said.
https://nypost.com/2022/01/17/la-da-...le-or-no-time/
Quote:
Los Angeles’ top prosecutor is under fire for allowing a transgender woman who sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl as a minor to face a no-jail wrist-slap sentence.

Hannah Tubbs, now 26, pleaded guilty to attacking the girl in a women’s bathroom at a Denny’s restaurant in 2014, two weeks before she turned 18, the Los Angeles Times reported.
https://www.qcnews.com/news/transgen...l-in-bathroom/
Quote:
A transgender Wyoming woman was convicted Thursday of sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl inside a bathroom.

Michelle Martinez, who was known as Miguel Martinez before identifying as female, was found guilty of first-degree and second-degree sexual abuse of a minor and could face up to 70 years in prison.

Last edited by MissTerri; 11-26-2022 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-26-2022, 09:03 AM

1,925 posts, read 557,027 times
Quote:
Are you talking about a man in this scenario, or a transgender woman? I'm a man, so, I use the men's room.

I think most transgender women would tell you, that they are a woman, and so they would like to use the women's room. Not to speak for anyone, but that's probably what they would tell you. If we look at the title of this thread, the males "demanding to share a shower" are obviously referring to that: trans women.
Another deflection. I didn't ask what a transgender woman would tell you. I asked do you think a transgender woman walking into a women's restroom is respecting those women's dignity and privacy.

Quote:
I don't know. Good question. You go find out, and let me know.
You have said they are neither a man nor woman, and now have acknowledged you "don't know" what they are. Apparently you're the one confused. You go find the answer.
Quote:
There have been known cases since ancient times. Same thing as homosexuality.

The main difference recently, is that trans people are more empowered to feel like they have a right to be openly trans and be seen as the gender they identify with. There's been increased social acceptance, and more rights and protections granted to them. So, all that's led us to the current situation. More of the trans women in particular, who identify and live as women, feel empowered to use the women's room.
Illegal immigrants also feel more empowered to enter the country as seen by their record numbers. Where does this empowerment come from, society or government? I have previously stated my opinion.
Quote:
It's mainly an issue because a lot of women feel uncomfortable with biologically male trans women in the locker room. I understand that and can sympathize. And from the trans women's perspective, they say that they are women. I have no kind of evidence to tell them that they're not. Having a penis, etc., means that they are male. The question is if that necessarily means that they couldn't possibly be a woman. And, I don't know.
Then you are elevating what you don't know about transgender women above what you do know about the majority of women. They don't have a penis.
Quote:
Only me is doing what now?
I'll make the statement again geared a little more to your understanding. Just because someone wants privacy from the opposite biological sex in their daily routine doesn't suggest they are 'anti-trans'. Only you are making that suggestion.

Old 11-26-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And tomorrow the same posters will pretend that they NEVER saw this or the list of links.

C-D amnesia.
Either that or call me a bigot for sharing these articles.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And tomorrow the same posters will pretend that they NEVER saw this or the list of links.

C-D amnesia.
Nailed it!

Old 11-26-2022, 02:05 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Trump really needs to Think before he speaks. I met him 40 years ago, and as a native New York woman. " No Spics will ever live in my buildings". That is your pick up line to a strange woman? Yes I know we New Yorkers speak our minds but need to know the repercussions of our words.

You are not above this Donald

Old 11-26-2022, 04:03 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Trump really needs to Think before he speaks. I met him 40 years ago, and as a native New York woman. " No Spics will ever live in my buildings". That is your pick up line to a strange woman? Yes I know we New Yorkers speak our minds but need to know the repercussions of our words.

You are not above this Donald

This thread isn't about Trump but I'm sure you can find one that is

Old 12-02-2022, 09:19 AM

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/bla...ually-25651126

Quote:
A court has heard how a brave young girl has been left scared to be alone after she was subjected to a sex attack.

Her victim impact statement was shared in court as predator Edward Earnshaw, 27, was jailed for 30 months after he sexually touched the nine-year-old at the aqua park in Staffordshire.

Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court heard the youngster had gone to the attraction with her mum and another child. They got changed in the communal area before heading to the pool, StokeonTrentLive reports.

The victim returned at about 5.30pm to get dressed. When she was briefly on her own, Earnshaw walked into her cubicle.

He then touched her private area and asked 'what's this?'. The frightened youngster then slapped his arm away and he left the cubicle and returned to the pool.
Opening the door to predators is not worth the risk. This girl will be scarred for a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies