Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been forced to give up your privacy for a man (men) claiming to be trans?
I'm a woman and nothing like this has ever happened to me 51 61.45%
I'm a woman and I think I may have had to share with a trans guy 0 0%
I'm a woman and I had to share with a regular guy claiming to be trans 7 8.43%
I'm a woman and I don't even pay attention to this kind of stuff 9 10.84%
I'm a man and I could tell you some amazing stories (share them if you want) 16 19.28%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 09:46 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,894,561 times

Advertisements

It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 09:48 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,608,994 times
Bathrooms and dressing rooms, yes.

Not a shower. Yet. but this women has. https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...e-leave-locker

Old 11-16-2022, 09:54 PM

19,731 posts, read 11,971,427 times
At a spa in L.A.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...rans-woman-spa

Old 11-16-2022, 09:56 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
No I have not. I did have a pervert come into the ladies room at the beach. I got the life guard and the man was kicked out of the beach park. Simple.

MissTeri. The question was have you ever encounter a real man wanting to share the shower?

The link was posted previously in another thread months ago. Turns out the old woman was kicked out of the gym because she’s had repeatedly acted in an verbally aggressive manner to the staff, violating the code of conduct and had been for a long while.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:58 PM

16,273 posts, read 8,368,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
It seems like there are frequent threads here quoting mostly right wing media sources that seem to insist that we regular gals are increasingly having what should be our private spaces (bathrooms, showers, etc.) taken over by males claiming to be trans or whatever. I have never encountered anything like that ever even when I leave my rural part of Colorado for the big city. I would never ever put up with something like that. Have any of the women here personally encountered this?
I am not the gender of whom you asked the question, but my question to you would be, to ask how old are you?
Without having to specify your age, remember, if you are already out of HS and college, this lunacy was not occurring when you were coming of age.
So instead picture your daughter or niece being subjected to competing against boys in sports, or having to deal with boys in the girls lockeroom's/showers.
Men can be pigs, but adolescent boys are much, much worse. Thus if they had allowed me to be in the girls locker-room in HS, I would be trying to hook up with as many attractive girls as humanly possible.

Before you assume all trannys are homosexuals (i.e. so there is no need to worry about it), some guys will take advantage to have access to naked girls, even if they are heteros.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:00 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This man is just a pervert plain and simple.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:07 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,608,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No I have not. I did have a pervert come into the ladies room at the beach. I got the life guard and the man was kicked out of the beach park. Simple.

MissTeri. The question was have you ever encounter a real man wanting to share the shower?

The link was posted previously in another thread months ago. Turns out the old woman was kicked out of the gym because she’s had repeatedly acted in an verbally aggressive manner to the staff, violating the code of conduct and had been for a long while.
I answered the question. I have encountered a grown man in the ladies room. He used that bathroom daily. Many women complained. The police could not do anything because it is legal. I have also been in stores that used to have separate dressing rooms for men and women (women to the right, men to the left) that now just say, go wherever you want. I also got a letter from my kids’ school saying that kids can use the locker rooms, bathrooms that align with their gender identity.

All of this happened within the last year. We’re in the early stages of this becoming more and more and more common. Some of us think girls and women’s privacy and safety is important and something worth speaking up for.

If you haven’t experienced it yet, if you live in a city, you will soon, enough. So will your daughters.

Last edited by MissTerri; 11-16-2022 at 10:17 PM..

Old 11-16-2022, 10:17 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,894,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not the gender of whom you asked the question, but my question to you would be, to ask how old are you?
Without having to specify your age, remember, if you are already out of HS and college, this lunacy was not occurring when you were coming of age.
So instead picture your daughter or niece being subjected to competing against boys in sports, or having to deal with boys in the girls lockeroom's/showers.
Men can be pigs, but adolescent boys are much, much worse. Thus if they had allowed me to be in the girls locker-room in HS, I would be trying to hook up with as many attractive girls as humanly possible.

Before you assume all trannys are homosexuals (i.e. so there is no need to worry about it), some guys will take advantage to have access to naked girls, even if they are heteros.
No, when I was in high school all we had to worry about were the guys from the football team climbing up on one another's shoulders to peek through the window.

I wasn't trying to imply that I think it would be a great thing for women to be forced to share their private spaces with men. I could deal with a trans who had gotten rid of his male equipment, but that's it.

Believe me I know one or two things about men. I actually like men - but not well enough to share a shower with a guy I didn't know. I agree that young girls certainly shouldn't be put in such situations. I pretty much agree with your entire post in fact.

What I wanted to know is just how prevalent such incidents really are and one way to check was to ask the women here if they PERSONALLY had such an experience. I think its all mostly media hype.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:39 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,947,394 times
I agree media hype.

Old 11-16-2022, 11:02 PM

10,871 posts, read 5,587,965 times
This issue seems to be prevalent with Gen Z or younger and often in schools or gyms.

City-Data tends to be an older crowd that I would not generally expect to experience this issue. I suppose any lady who works out frequently at a crowded gym may be in a situation where it could happen, but most ladies above school age probably aren't typically impacted by this.

I suppose a guy could be walking into the Target ladies room while you are walking out.

The poll will be interesting but I just don't think the bell curve of the C-D female demographic age group is going to lend itself to these experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies