Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 05:35 AM

550 posts, read 365,273 times

Advertisements

With the Respect for Marriage Act pending in Congress, it passed a Senate filibuster yesterday with limited but barely enough Republican support, interesting analysis and concerns how our 1st Amendment rights and even taxes will be negatively impacted if the bill as amended passes both houses of Congress and signed by Biden into law https://adflegal.org/article/what-yo...t-marriage-act . Don't let left wing TV media tell you otherwise. As like some politicians at all levels with other pieces of legislation, Schumer leading the Senate has a vested personal interest in this bill as his daughter is lesbian https://www.record-eagle.com/ap/life...b04cd797d.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 05:40 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
You mischaracterize a biased set of lawyers in a political organization as a 'major law firm'. It is certainly not a law firm and I don't consider it 'major'.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:46 AM

Its large enough to have its own Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allian...ending_Freedom . With politics, there is bias on both sides of the aisle.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:46 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Meh. The article was just a desperate (and failed) attempt to characterize same-sex marriage as a threat to religious freedom. It then stretched credibility even further by yapping about the danger to some tax-exempt non-profits. It didn't even come close to presenting a valid legal argument.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:52 AM

If the last several years are any indication, promoting LGBTQ rights has been a threat to freedoms of religion, and speech such as transgender pronouns. Cases have made it to the Supreme Court, there was one involving a baker, not to mention the fights on lower levels including schools.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:55 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklcl View Post
If the last several years are any indication, promoting LGBTQ rights has been a threat to freedoms of religion, and speech such as transgender pronouns. Cases have made it to the Supreme Court, there was one involving a baker, not to mention the fights on lower levels including schools.
I honestly don't understand this legislation. The USSC can absolutely strike it down.

To avoid the USSC striking it down it would need to be a constitutional amendment. But sadly they don't have the support for that. So all of this is just political games.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:06 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklcl View Post
Its large enough to have its own Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allian...ending_Freedom . With politics, there is bias on both sides of the aisle.
'Large' don't mean major, influential or successful. I can assure you that it is dwarfed by the ACLU.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:27 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
I use to not care about LGBT'ers, to each their own I would have said.
But in the last 10 years, since the LGBT'ers have been trying to impose their beliefs & lifestyle onto the rest of society, now I have become against them entirely.

I'm sick of all the rainbow flags, rainbow crosswalks, rainbow stickers, rainbow approved labels on products, it has reached a point of absolutely absurdity & ridiculousness. Then throw in the drag shows for children, hormone blockers for kids, etc, and now I am 100% against everything LGBT stands for.

Screw these deranged people!
It was never about tolerance, it was always about getting a foot in the door so they can begin to impose their LGBT agenda onto others, so they can brainwash little kids and infect them with their propaganda and deranged beliefs.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:33 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I use to not care about LGBT'ers, to each their own I would have said.
But in the last 10 years, since the LGBT'ers have been trying to impose their beliefs & lifestyle onto the rest of society, now I have become against them entirely.

I'm sick of all the rainbow flags, rainbow crosswalks, rainbow stickers, rainbow approved labels on products, it has reached a point of absolutely absurdity & ridiculousness. Then throw in the drag shows for children, hormone blockers for kids, etc, and now I am 100% against everything LGBT stands for.

Screw these deranged people!
It was never about tolerance, it was always about getting a foot in the door so they can begin to impose their LGBT agenda onto others, so they can brainwash little kids and infect them with their propaganda and deranged beliefs.

What are you afraid of? I saw girls kissing at the football game when I was 14, over 50 yrs ago. It did not phase me. Seems men are afraid of LBGTQ, as a woman, I don’t get it.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:38 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What are you afraid of? I saw girls kissing at the football game when I was 14, over 50 yrs ago. It did not phase me. Seems men are afraid of LBGTQ, as a woman, I don’t get it.
Of course you don't get it, you're a woman, as you said so yourself.

Only men can offer actual morals and justice, as willed by God.
Women cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies