Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 09:00 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Give them some time, they have to piece together the narrative. They were too quick with the Pelosi story and look at all the ridiculous twists and turns that one has taken.

Did we ever find out what made that loser drive through the Christmas parade last year?

I think I saw the driver on Tv last night and he looked white, so now comes the question of motives. Maybe he was, drunk, high, coming home from working all night and fell asleep at the wheel. Maybe he had a medical emergency? Maybe the GPS had him going the wrong way?

Of course he could be an Antifa loser? He could also be an illegal alien, a terrorist, who knows?

He could be a guy that couldn't make it at the academy, flunked out and couldn't cope so this was his way of getting revenge? "If I can't be a cop then no one will". If the guy was angry and he did it on purpose because he lacked coping skills at least he did this and didn't go and shoot up a school...

I'm sure we will eventually be told "the story" and it will be up to us to trust that it is the truth.
And it will depend on who was killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 09:01 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
It seems odd that the cops would have been doing a field sobriety test with him if they thought it was an intentional act running over a bunch of police recruits.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:05 AM

11,407 posts, read 5,960,793 times
As a side note.

This has always been my go-to answer when liberals talk about banning guns after mass shootings. They would say "we need to ban guns" and I would say "evil people would just find some other way to kill people. You could just run them over with your car".

We are seeing it.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:08 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems odd that the cops would have been doing a field sobriety test with him if they thought it was an intentional act running over a bunch of police recruits.
It's a standard procedure for any accident.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
The bolded yes. If they believed it was intentional, SOP would be to cuff him (and probably beat him half to death given the particulars here).

Old 11-17-2022, 09:12 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Yep and the police are wisely collecting evidence and investigating....dotting i's and crossing t's.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It has been over 24 hours and they have not yet released the identity of the suspect, wonder why?
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a Black Lives Matter loony behind this.
He is from Diamond Bar which is well known as a overwhelmingly Asian city. So less likely BLM.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:22 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This is beyond horrific. That had to be intentional. No way was that an "accident".

What a tragedy for those young, promising recruits.
Sad yes, but

It's no more horrific than if it was a civilian.

What makes these government employees so special?

Old 11-17-2022, 09:27 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
The guy they are showing taking the field sobriety test doesn't look bothered at all.

If I plowed into a bunch of people (which I would do everything to avoid), I would be a mess.

Even IF he passed out/fell asleep at the wheel, and was informed what happened after waking up, you would think he would be upset.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:45 AM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It has been over 24 hours and they have not yet released the identity of the suspect, wonder why?
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a Black Lives Matter loony behind this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This one's shady, possibly intentional.

They supposedly found marijuana in his vehicle. He seemed to pass his blood alcohol level and field sobriety tests.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ning-rcna57489

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdVUtBEEaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6VvvYjOSA
"That group of recruits was hit by an out of control SUV." That's not a reporter, that's a judgement rendered.

And if there were two cop cars accompanying this group, I'd think the logical placement would be one in front and one bringing up the rear. Both with lights flashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies