Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 07:40 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,402,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Any violence that is perpetrated will be viewed as a terrorist act, and the police will handle it.

I think talk of impending civil war is juvenile.
Good post.

The police and the military if necessary.

The way it is supposed to work anyway.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
So you're telling me that if the shoe were on the other foot and some radical conservative group was banning abortion completely, banning gay marriage, banning books, ending all environmental protection, arresting illegals, etc.. that the left would not consider taking up arms?
Isn't that what's being threatened?

Yes, it is what's being threatened.

(except the arrest of illegals. no one is actually planning to do that, on either side).

And I don't see people taking up arms, so much as taking up ballots.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:42 AM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Any violence that is perpetrated will be viewed as a terrorist act, and the police will handle it.

I think talk of impending civil war is juvenile.

I agree.
Ya right seen what they do to antifa? The bike lock to the head guy got nothing. The people who attacked the proud boys got nothing and the PROUD BOYS ended up in jail for 4 years. The people who attacked Kyle? Nothing.

BLM who fire bombed police cars in NYC? Nothing. Same with all the leftist insurrectionists at Trump's inauguration.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:42 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Isn't that what's being threatened?

Yes, it is what's being threatened.

(except the arrest of illegals. no one is actually planning to do that, on either side).

And I don't see people taking up arms, so much as taking up ballots.

Threatened is not the same as actually doing it like what this radical administration is doing for the left.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:48 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I wouldn't fight in a Civil War because short of an invasion by a foreign force what is there to fight over? We have already seen Civil War happening on the streets where citizens have fought against the Government and they have all Lost BUT depending on which side you are on the "Losers" are treated either harshly or not at all.

Case in point. The Jan6th mob has been treated harshly with most being arrested, charged and some sent to prison for years. The antifa mobs fought in the streets night after night for the same reason that the Jan6th mob bum rushed the Capital. Both groups were displeased with the Government.

The Jan6th guys were locked up.

Did any Antifa members get arrested, charged and tossed in prison?

You break some windows you go to prison. You destroy public and private property, murder and maim to the tune of Billons of dollars in damages and.......... nothing happens.

It all depends on which side you are on as to how you are portrayed and dealt with when the dust settles.

Would I fight in a Civil War? Sadly it would be for nothing but to end your future.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:48 AM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
what??

you can't be serious

Last count, I think about 25 americans died in the civil unrest of 2020, and how many of us were killed in 9/11? How much damage was done, economically and physically, when the twin towers were exploded?

According to the stats, the LEFT owns all the guns? What's all this complaining about insisting on 2A rights, then?

(BTW, the left isn't gang bangers and street warriors and drug kings. That's a group of apolitical thugs).

Your post is an extremely warped view of reality in the United States.

I have to ask, are you on drugs? well over 20K people have been murdered each year from 2020-2022 - in fact this year plausibly could see 30K. According to the FBI, we can place ALMOST ALL of the purps on the 'left'. I noticed you did not address the televised beatings and burnings.

and no, according to the stats the 'right', the ones you call deplorable, own all the guns - legally. If I am on the right as you imply, I will simply state that 'we' dont run around just shooting people.

where do you live? just give us the town name and we will demonstrate by pulling up the murder reports for JUST the last 7 days to prove the point. Heck in my town we have a thread on 5 people being murdered in 24 hours and we hit that mark a couple times within the life of the thread.

this statement you made here:
Quote:
(BTW, the left isn't gang bangers and street warriors and drug kings. That's a group of apolitical thugs
indicates 1 of 2 possible things: you are trolling us or you have an uneducated naive view of the world bordering on criminality..

If you believe your own schitck, I got news for you, the world you think you live in does not exist and has not for quite some time.

Or alternatively, from only your posts it appears you are a white woman. Take a walk thru chicago on the weekend or go stand on NYC subway platforms along lex or harlem lines and report back how it went.

Those are not boogeymen 'trump voters'

ps: according to the people whose side you are on, your use of the word 'thug' makes you a white racist suburban female. elections have consequences.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:49 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
I'd probably take up arms...

But I'd be looking more for legs because they have more meat on 'em.

Now your torsos have got your organ meat and ribs though.

And with the leftovers you could make a hearty civil war soup.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:49 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
So you're telling me that if the shoe were on the other foot and some radical conservative group was banning abortion completely, banning gay marriage, banning books, ending all environmental protection, arresting illegals, etc.. that the left would not consider taking up arms?
That's exactly what radical conservative groups are doing.

And no, opponents are not taking up arms. They are going to the polls in droves. Because that's how we do things in this country. All these so-called "patriots" should know that.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:51 AM

2,415 posts, read 2,985,263 times
Quote:
Yup, that's what I'm telling you. That stuff is happening already, but we recognize that the answer needs to be political and legal, not physical combat.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I have to ask, are you on drugs? well over 20K people have been murdered each year from 2020-2022 - in fact this year plausibly could see 30K. According to the FBI, we can place ALMOST ALL of the purps on the 'left'. I noticed you did not address the televised beatings and burnings.

and no, according to the stats the 'right', the ones you call deplorable, own all the guns - legally. If I am on the right as you imply, I will simply state that 'we' dont run around just shooting people.

where do you live? just give us the town name and we will demonstrate by pulling up the murder reports for JUST the last 7 days to prove the point. Heck in my town we have a thread on 5 people being murdered in 24 hours and we hit that mark a couple times within the life of the thread.

this statement you made here: indicates 1 of 2 possible things: you are trolling us or you have an uneducated naive view of the world bordering on criminality..

If you believe your own schitck, I got news for you, the world you think you live in does not exist and has not for quite some time.

Or alternatively, from only your posts it appears you are a white woman. Take a walk thru chicago on the weekend or go stand on NYC subway platforms along lex or harlem lines and report back how it went.

Those are not boogeymen 'trump voters'

ps: according to the people whose side you are on, your use of the word 'thug' makes you a white racist suburban female. elections have consequences.
Street warriors protecting gang land turf are not "on the left".

They're apolitical.

Do you see them lining up at the polls on election day? No, you do not. They're a part of the half of our country that isn't political, and doesn't vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies