Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 08:18 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your history is faulty. Democrats lost the last one.
which one would that be?

Old 11-18-2022, 08:22 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
Horrible to think but one wonders if another 9/11 event would shut some people up and unite a few.
One wonders about this? You must be that one. Another 9/11 to shut up some people? Violence of such a magnitude to "shut up some people." Do you even see the horror in that statement? This must be why we have freedom of speech, because some people think about doing such violence against people for just speaking. This is seriously some sick stuff.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
One wonders about this? You must be that one. Another 9/11 to shut up some people? Violence of such a magnitude to "shut up some people." Do you even see the horror in that statement? This must be why we have freedom of speech, because some people think about doing such violence against people for just speaking. This is seriously some sick stuff.
Surely you've heard that.

We haven't been as united, as a nation, as we were in the months following 9/11.

And prior to that, as we were during WWll.

Having a common enemy unites us as a country, and apparently nothing else does.

Well, except the Lunar Landing, which was a positive triumph that brought us together.

I don't think even a foreign attack would unite us, though, at this point. We're a nation with many inhabitants who are addicted to rage.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:27 AM

4,660 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Fight WHO?Rural areas are mostly Red and Urban Blue. So who are people in the cities going to fight?Their neighbors who are likely also blue. And the same for those in Rural Area whose neighbors are likely Red. Of course history has shown us those in Urban areas will attack their own and burn their neighborhoods down. Those in rural areas will see if their neighbors need help with anything.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:31 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Wish for Civil War in one hand and crap in the other. See which one fills up first.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:39 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
No, I will not join forces with a group attempting to initiate a civil war.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:45 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I have to ask, are you on drugs? well over 20K people have been murdered each year from 2020-2022 - in fact this year plausibly could see 30K. According to the FBI, we can place ALMOST ALL of the purps on the 'left'. I noticed you did not address the televised beatings and burnings.

Or alternatively, from only your posts it appears you are a white woman. Take a walk thru chicago on the weekend or go stand on NYC subway platforms along lex or harlem lines and report back how it went.
How do you know most of these perps are on the left or even politically engaged at all?

Not a white woman, but I walked all around Chicago a few weeks ago and I felt safe. Saw plenty of white women out walking around too. It is just like any city, there are areas that are more dangerous and you probably shouldn’t be walking around in at night.

Chicago does need to do something about the crime, but it isn’t as rampant as many posters on this board would want you to believe. Cities like Baton Rouge and Memphis probably have higher per capita violent crime rates, but they are hardly ever mentioned.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:47 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
I live in a conservative area that loves guns and takes the second amendment seriously. The blues know this which is why they always conduct themselves properly. Seattle democrats tried to organize so they could come over and riot. That movement ended the moment they found out we would shoot them if they tried to riot. Even if the blues wanted to come in here, they would quickly decide against it and stay out.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:49 AM

8,494 posts, read 4,738,627 times
There’s like…three people who want a civil war, and they’re all just keyboard warriors. Probably don’t know how to use a gun and would be far too freaked out by actual fighting to do anything but drop the gun and sprint home to mommy’s basement.

If it does come to that, I’m making popcorn while I watch these idiots murk each other.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:50 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,269,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
There’s like…three people who want a civil war, and they’re all just keyboard warriors. Probably don’t know how to use a gun and would be far too freaked out by actual fighting to do anything but drop the gun and sprint home to mommy’s basement.

If it does come to that, I’m making popcorn while I watch these idiots murk each other.

No one said that they want civil war. Responding to or defending oneself is completely different than initiating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies